13 July 2009, 23:00

Estemirova: power agents order relatives of the girl assassinated in Grozny to bury her "without noise"

Representatives of power agencies have burnt down the house of relatives of Madina Yunusova, 20, the wife of Said-Selim Abdulkadyrov, who was killed in the course of a special operation on July 2, and gave out her body to relatives on July 5, having ordered to bury the girl "without noise". This was reported by Natalia Estemirova, representative of the Grozny branch of the Human Rights Centre (HRC) "Memorial".

"In early June Madina Yunusova, born in 1989, failed to come back home and told her relatives that she had got married. On July 3, a heavily wounded girl was brought to the 9th Hospital of Grozny. For two days she was kept in a separate ward under guard. Someone recognized her as Madina and told her relatives. Her two aunts came to see her, but they were not allowed to come and talk to Madina. The girl came to her senses; she could eat and speak," Natalia Estemirova said to the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.

According to her story, at dawn on July 4, power agents came to the house of Madina Yunusova's parents. They forced her mother, father and two small sisters into the boiler room, then poured gasoline over the house and put it on fire. Soon they left, having unlocked the door of the boiler room. The house was already in flames, but they managed to extinguish fire with the help of the neighbour, who lives in the second half of the house. After the fire, the Yunusovs have left.

"On the following morning, on July 5, some power agents, who did not present themselves, brought Madina's body wrapped in a shroud. They did not allow opening it and ordered to bury the girl without noise," said Natalia Estemirova and added that only after all these events the relatives learnt that Madina had married Said-Selim Abdulkadyrov.

So far, the law enforcement bodies of Grozny gave no comments on the incident, while Madina's relatives are afraid to file and submit any applications.

Author: Dmitry Florin; Source: CK correspondent

Form of mobile communication
SMS: 8 903-767-6060

Know more? Do not be silent!

Lt-feedback_banner

September 02, 2014 05:25

September 02, 2014 01:07

September 01, 2014 23:26

September 01, 2014 17:14

September 01, 2014 11:50

  • During week of August 25-31, 2014, 3 persons fell victim to armed conflict in Northern Caucasus

    During the week of August 25-31, 2014, at least 3 persons were killed in the armed conflict in Northern Caucasus. No wounded persons were reported. These are the results of calculations made by the "Caucasian Knot" based on its own materials and information from other open sources. According to the law enforcement bodies, all killed persons were suspected members of the armed underground in Dagestan.

August 31, 2014 07:05

  • Governor of Rostov Region announces closure of refugee centres

    On August 29, Vasily Golubev, the Governor of the Rostov Region, announced that all field temporary accommodation centres (TACs) for Ukrainian refugees would be closed during a week. The TACs are to be closed because of bad weather conditions in the Rostov Region. The authorities plan to transfer refugees to stationary accommodation centres.

August 31, 2014 13:50

  • In Sochi, Lavrikov family challenge court decision to move them to "Olympic" housing

    In Sochi, Lavrikov family members have challenged the decision of the Krasnodar Regional Court to grant the request of the Sochi city administration to transfer the Lavrikov family members to "Olympic" housing. The appeal has been filed against the court's decision to evict four adults from the dilapidated house to a one-room apartment in a building for "Olympic" settlers.

All news

Погода в 49 городах Кавказа
News archive