13 July 2009, 23:00
Estemirova: power agents order relatives of the girl assassinated in Grozny to bury her "without noise"
Representatives of power agencies have burnt down the house of relatives of Madina Yunusova, 20, the wife of Said-Selim Abdulkadyrov, who was killed in the course of a special operation on July 2, and gave out her body to relatives on July 5, having ordered to bury the girl "without noise". This was reported by Natalia Estemirova, representative of the Grozny branch of the Human Rights Centre (HRC) "Memorial".
"In early June Madina Yunusova, born in 1989, failed to come back home and told her relatives that she had got married. On July 3, a heavily wounded girl was brought to the 9th Hospital of Grozny. For two days she was kept in a separate ward under guard. Someone recognized her as Madina and told her relatives. Her two aunts came to see her, but they were not allowed to come and talk to Madina. The girl came to her senses; she could eat and speak," Natalia Estemirova said to the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.
According to her story, at dawn on July 4, power agents came to the house of Madina Yunusova's parents. They forced her mother, father and two small sisters into the boiler room, then poured gasoline over the house and put it on fire. Soon they left, having unlocked the door of the boiler room. The house was already in flames, but they managed to extinguish fire with the help of the neighbour, who lives in the second half of the house. After the fire, the Yunusovs have left.
"On the following morning, on July 5, some power agents, who did not present themselves, brought Madina's body wrapped in a shroud. They did not allow opening it and ordered to bury the girl without noise," said Natalia Estemirova and added that only after all these events the relatives learnt that Madina had married Said-Selim Abdulkadyrov.
So far, the law enforcement bodies of Grozny gave no comments on the incident, while Madina's relatives are afraid to file and submit any applications.
Author: Dmitry Florin; Source: CK correspondent
- Seven hunger-strikers continue demanding Abdulatipov's resignation
- In Volgograd, about 80 persons came to commemorate victims of political repressions
- In Azerbaijan, one of advocates is withdrawn from protection of rights of Leyla Yunus
- Azerbaijani filmmaker Eldaniz Guliev fined for libelling MIA head
- Defenders of sentenced Rostov journalist Alexander Tolmachov disagree with Court's verdict
- In Dagestan, District Court re-takes Patimat Nasibova into custody
- Native of Yeisk becomes defendant in case of private jet crash at Vnukovo Airport
- In Grozny, relatives of disappeared persons obtain 60 genetic passports
- Relatives of murdered rights defender Maksharip Aushev ask to transfer investigation to Ingushetia
- Natives of Northern Caucasus picket Pirogov Medical University in protest against ban on religious clothing