13 July 2009, 23:00
Estemirova: power agents order relatives of the girl assassinated in Grozny to bury her "without noise"
Representatives of power agencies have burnt down the house of relatives of Madina Yunusova, 20, the wife of Said-Selim Abdulkadyrov, who was killed in the course of a special operation on July 2, and gave out her body to relatives on July 5, having ordered to bury the girl "without noise". This was reported by Natalia Estemirova, representative of the Grozny branch of the Human Rights Centre (HRC) "Memorial".
"In early June Madina Yunusova, born in 1989, failed to come back home and told her relatives that she had got married. On July 3, a heavily wounded girl was brought to the 9th Hospital of Grozny. For two days she was kept in a separate ward under guard. Someone recognized her as Madina and told her relatives. Her two aunts came to see her, but they were not allowed to come and talk to Madina. The girl came to her senses; she could eat and speak," Natalia Estemirova said to the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.
According to her story, at dawn on July 4, power agents came to the house of Madina Yunusova's parents. They forced her mother, father and two small sisters into the boiler room, then poured gasoline over the house and put it on fire. Soon they left, having unlocked the door of the boiler room. The house was already in flames, but they managed to extinguish fire with the help of the neighbour, who lives in the second half of the house. After the fire, the Yunusovs have left.
"On the following morning, on July 5, some power agents, who did not present themselves, brought Madina's body wrapped in a shroud. They did not allow opening it and ordered to bury the girl without noise," said Natalia Estemirova and added that only after all these events the relatives learnt that Madina had married Said-Selim Abdulkadyrov.
So far, the law enforcement bodies of Grozny gave no comments on the incident, while Madina's relatives are afraid to file and submit any applications.
Author: Dmitry Florin; Source: CK correspondent
- Baku: rights defenders urge Brasseur to force Azerbaijani authorities to improve human rights situation
- Grozny celebrates Day of Chechen Woman under enhanced security measures
- Week in the Caucasus: review of main events of September 15-21
- Residents of Gimry and Vremenny report inspections and searches
- Two persons killed in shootout in Ingushetia
- Leyla Yunus complains about increased pressure
- KBR: law enforcers promise to investigate use of violence against detainees
- In Yerevan, annual festival "Literary Ark-2014" gathers writers from 11 countries
- Hundred women attend First Congress of Muslim Women of North Ossetia
- KBR residents celebrate Adygs' Day for the first time