08 February 2010, 22:10
Russia's SC labels "Imarat Kavkaz" as terrorist organization
The Supreme Court (SC) of the Russian Federation has satisfied the statement of the General Public Prosecutor and recognized the so-called "Imarat Kavkaz" (Emirate of the Caucasus) to be an international terrorist organization and banned its activities in Russia.
The sitting of the Court was held closed; the Judges listened to the arguments of the General Prosecutor's Office, Ministry of Justice, the Ministry of Internal Affairs (MIA) and the Federal Security Bureau (FSB). However, as the ITAR-TASS reports, there were no representatives of the prohibited organization at the sitting.
The "Interfax" reports that according to law enforcement bodies, today, Imarat is a structure of the separatist Islamic underground, which is covering Dagestan, Chechnya, Ingushetia, Kabardino-Balkaria and Karachai-Circassia. Its ideology is based on the ideas of Wahhabism and jihad.
Imarat Kavkaz is headed by Amir Dokku Abu-Usman (Doku Umarov); and his first deputy assistant (naib) is Amir Supyan (Supyan Abdullaev).
The supreme advisory body at the Amir of Imarat Kavkaz is Majlis ul-Shura, which includes Supreme Amirs - heads of vilayets and jama'ats.
The supreme judicial body of Imarat is Supreme Shariat Court, headed by the Chairman of the Court (Cadi) - Amir Seifullah (Anzor Astemirov).
Imarat Kavkaz also has a representative office abroad - Vekalat, headed by a plenipotentiary of the mujahads and leaders of Imarat Kavkaz - Vakil (in the end of August, 2009, this post was taken by Shamsuddin Batukaev).
The exact strength of Imarat is not established. By different sources, in may comprise from 50 to 1500 persons engaged in terror acts, bombardments and explosions, the "Gzt.Ru" writes. In the opinion of law enforcement bodies, the aim of Imarat Kavkaz is to separate Northern Caucasus from Russia and cancel the force of Russian legislation in the territory of the region.
- NSDC announced death of four border guards because of shelling from Rostov Region
- Georgia's GPO accuses Mikhail Saakashvili of excess of power
- Stavropol Territory: former investigator sentenced to one year of freedom deprivation for arbitrariness
- Local executed by unidentified persons in Nazran District of Ingushetia
- MCC finds Orkhan Zeinalov guilty of Yegor Scherbakov's murder in Biryulyovo
- During week of July 21-27, 2014, 6 persons fell victim to armed conflict in Northern Caucasus
- Levon Airapetyan's friend reports on deterioration of businessman's health at Moscow SIZO
- MfE: Rostov Region accommodates more than 40,000 Ukrainian refugees
- Chechen woman suspected of financing members of Gakaev brothers' IAF
- FSB: about 40 Ukrainian border guards get to Russia across Rostov section of Russian-Ukrainian border