TopicsSociety, Politics, Interethnic relations, Human rights, Culture, Crime, Conflicts, Economics, Nature And Ecology, Incidents, Tourism, Terror acts in Moscow and Caucasus
RegionsAbkhazia / Adjaria / Adygeia / Armenia / Astrakhan region / Azerbaijan / Chechnya / Dagestan / Georgia / Ingushetia / Kabardino-Balkaria / Kalmykia / Karachaevo-Cherkesia / Krasnodar region / Nagorny Karabakh / North Caucasus / North Ossetia - Alania / North-Caucasian Federal District / Rostov region / Russia / South Caucasus / South Federal District / South Ossetia / Stavropol region / Volgograd region
Evkurov calls militants to surrender and promises lenient verdicts
President of Ingushetia Yunus-Bek Evkurov has addressed members of illegal armed formations (IAFs) with an appeal to surrender in exchange for lenient administrative and criminal punishments.
Mr Evkurov has emphasized in his appeal published by the President's press service in the official website site of republic that the main strategic direction of the authorities in stabilizing the situation in the republic "has been and is demonstration of good will to those who had broke the law."
According to his story, a number of former IAF members have voluntarily surrendered and "were granted the most lenient measures of administrative and criminal affection." "In certain cases it was decided not to use the judicial persecution at all," President Evkurov has noted.
See earlier reports: "Ingush President scarifies his power agents and local bureaucracy," "Evkurov: Ingushetia helps militants in return to peaceful life," "Evkurov: fight against corruption in Ingushetia is fruitless."
|Знаешь больше? Не молчи!||SMS: 8 903-767-6060||Форма мобильной связи|
- Kotiev: in Ingushetia, Mussa Polonkoev left the ranks of militants and returned to civilian life
- Lawyer Sapiyat Magomedova in Dagestan demands investigation into her being beaten up
- Three co-authors of “International Tribunal for Chechnya” monograph summoned to court
- Lezgin organizations prepare all-Russian action against renaming Sovietskaya Street in Derbent
- Seifudin Babaev’s relatives in Dagestan reported pressure from law enforcement agents