09 February 2010, 21:00
Evkurov calls militants to surrender and promises lenient verdicts
President of Ingushetia Yunus-Bek Evkurov has addressed members of illegal armed formations (IAFs) with an appeal to surrender in exchange for lenient administrative and criminal punishments.
Mr Evkurov has emphasized in his appeal published by the President's press service in the official website site of republic that the main strategic direction of the authorities in stabilizing the situation in the republic "has been and is demonstration of good will to those who had broke the law."
According to his story, a number of former IAF members have voluntarily surrendered and "were granted the most lenient measures of administrative and criminal affection." "In certain cases it was decided not to use the judicial persecution at all," President Evkurov has noted.
- NSDC announced death of four border guards because of shelling from Rostov Region
- Georgia's GPO accuses Mikhail Saakashvili of excess of power
- Stavropol Territory: former investigator sentenced to one year of freedom deprivation for arbitrariness
- Local executed by unidentified persons in Nazran District of Ingushetia
- Refugees living in "Promzhilbaza" find it difficult to rent housing for money allocated by authorities
- MCC finds Orkhan Zeinalov guilty of Yegor Scherbakov's murder in Biryulyovo
- Needy people of Vladikavkaz receive 400 food parcels for the end of Ramadan
- During week of July 21-27, 2014, 6 persons fell victim to armed conflict in Northern Caucasus
- Levon Airapetyan's friend reports on deterioration of businessman's health at Moscow SIZO
- MfE: Rostov Region accommodates more than 40,000 Ukrainian refugees