24 May 2010, 19:21
Free Motherland Party leads in Nagorno-Karabakh election
Karabakh central electoral commission (CEC) has published the results of the parliamentary election held on 23 May. They show that Free Fatherland party received the 41 percent of the votes (29252 voters).
The second comes Artsakh Democratic Party with 28.6 percent of the votes (18017 voters). Armenian Revolutionary Party Dashnaktsutyun received 20.2 percent of the votes (12728 voters), and the Communist Party received 4.8 percent of the votes (3054 voters).
The electors also voted by the majority rules. The result is as follows: 6 representatives of the Free Motherland Party, one representative of the Democratic Party, Parliament speaker of the fourth convocation Ashot Ghulian and two representatives of Dashnaktsutyun) will enter the legislature. The other member-elects are non-partisan.
Karabakh CEC also noted that no complaints from Communists hade been reported yet.
Author: Alvard Grigoryan; Source: CK correspondent
- Situation in Ukraine acquires traits of Southern Caucasus conflicts, experts believe
- Obama's criticism of Azerbaijan may be followed by sanctions, civil society activists suppose
- Experts: agricultural development in Southern Russia needs changes in credit policy
- Candidates for KBR leader nominate their supposed senators
- "Pressa Today": one of the leaders of "Islamic State" announces reward for killing Ramzan Kadyrov
- Raul Khajimba inaugurated as President of Abkhazia
- Georgia becomes Vice-Chair at UN General Assembly
- Azerbaijan: prosecutor suggests conditional term for Mamedov, head of NGO "Promoting Democracy"
- Georgian NGOs initiate working group on electoral matters
- PACE leader urges Azerbaijani authorities to follow country's obligations to CE