24 May 2010, 19:21
Free Motherland Party leads in Nagorno-Karabakh election
Karabakh central electoral commission (CEC) has published the results of the parliamentary election held on 23 May. They show that Free Fatherland party received the 41 percent of the votes (29252 voters).
The second comes Artsakh Democratic Party with 28.6 percent of the votes (18017 voters). Armenian Revolutionary Party Dashnaktsutyun received 20.2 percent of the votes (12728 voters), and the Communist Party received 4.8 percent of the votes (3054 voters).
The electors also voted by the majority rules. The result is as follows: 6 representatives of the Free Motherland Party, one representative of the Democratic Party, Parliament speaker of the fourth convocation Ashot Ghulian and two representatives of Dashnaktsutyun) will enter the legislature. The other member-elects are non-partisan.
Karabakh CEC also noted that no complaints from Communists hade been reported yet.
Author: Alvard Grigoryan; Source: CK correspondent
- Week in the Caucasus: review of main events of September 15-21
- Hundred women attend First Congress of Muslim Women of North Ossetia
- KBR residents celebrate Adygs' Day for the first time
- For the first time ever, EP's resolution threats to use sanctions against Azerbaijan authorities, opposition asserts
- Volgograd, parents of preschool children demand repairs of kindergartens
- Chechnya: Prosecutor's Office and CEC fixed no removals of "Golos" observers from polling stations (+video)
- Russian MoD intends to recruit 500 soldiers from Chechnya
- Kalmykia: oppositional parties state election violations
- In Dagestan, PEC member demands to punish policemen who detained him
- Human rights defenders and diplomats comdemn impunity in Akhmednabiev case