24 May 2010, 19:21
Free Motherland Party leads in Nagorno-Karabakh election
Karabakh central electoral commission (CEC) has published the results of the parliamentary election held on 23 May. They show that Free Fatherland party received the 41 percent of the votes (29252 voters).
The second comes Artsakh Democratic Party with 28.6 percent of the votes (18017 voters). Armenian Revolutionary Party Dashnaktsutyun received 20.2 percent of the votes (12728 voters), and the Communist Party received 4.8 percent of the votes (3054 voters).
The electors also voted by the majority rules. The result is as follows: 6 representatives of the Free Motherland Party, one representative of the Democratic Party, Parliament speaker of the fourth convocation Ashot Ghulian and two representatives of Dashnaktsutyun) will enter the legislature. The other member-elects are non-partisan.
Karabakh CEC also noted that no complaints from Communists hade been reported yet.
Author: Alvard Grigoryan; Source: CK correspondent
- In Makhachkala, journalists granted awards in memory of Khadjimurad Kamalov
- Arsen Gadjibekov's brother confirms threats voiced by Said Amirov against Arsen
- In Chechnya, marriage of man and minor girl raises debates about polygamy
- Russian soldiers detain shepherd in conflict zone between Georgia and South Ossetia
- State Duma treats request for investigation into Boris Nemtsov's murder as informal
- Investigators decide not to interrogate Ramzan Kadyrov in Nemtsov's murder case
- Elena Milashina's actions concerning Guchigov's wedding contain no crime elements
- State Duma rejects parliamentary inquiry into Boris Nemtsov's murder
- Lawyers explain death sentence for Johar Tsarnaev by features of US judicial system
- RWB urges Azerbaijan to release journalists on eve of European Games