24 May 2010, 19:21
Free Motherland Party leads in Nagorno-Karabakh election
Karabakh central electoral commission (CEC) has published the results of the parliamentary election held on 23 May. They show that Free Fatherland party received the 41 percent of the votes (29252 voters).
The second comes Artsakh Democratic Party with 28.6 percent of the votes (18017 voters). Armenian Revolutionary Party Dashnaktsutyun received 20.2 percent of the votes (12728 voters), and the Communist Party received 4.8 percent of the votes (3054 voters).
The electors also voted by the majority rules. The result is as follows: 6 representatives of the Free Motherland Party, one representative of the Democratic Party, Parliament speaker of the fourth convocation Ashot Ghulian and two representatives of Dashnaktsutyun) will enter the legislature. The other member-elects are non-partisan.
Karabakh CEC also noted that no complaints from Communists hade been reported yet.
Author: Alvard Grigoryan; Source: CK correspondentArticle source
- MCC finds four members of "Hizb ut-Tahrir" guilty in case of putsch planning
- Conflict in Armenian Church in Tbilisi not to spoil Armenian-Georgian relations, experts hope
- Batyr Pukhaev is on the 14th day of his hunger strike in Tskhinvali IVS
- US DoS indicates restrictions of citizens' religious rights in Azerbaijan
- FSB: Ukraine hands over eight wounded servicemen for transit across Russian territory
- Georgia's GPO accuses Mikhail Saakashvili of excess of power
- FSB: about 40 Ukrainian border guards get to Russia across Rostov section of Russian-Ukrainian border
- Georgia protests against "KaZantip" Festival
- Chechen authorities impose sanctions on five US and EU officials
- Adzinov: 287 Ukrainian refugees have applied for temporary shelter in Volgograd Region