24 May 2010, 19:21
Free Motherland Party leads in Nagorno-Karabakh election
Karabakh central electoral commission (CEC) has published the results of the parliamentary election held on 23 May. They show that Free Fatherland party received the 41 percent of the votes (29252 voters).
The second comes Artsakh Democratic Party with 28.6 percent of the votes (18017 voters). Armenian Revolutionary Party Dashnaktsutyun received 20.2 percent of the votes (12728 voters), and the Communist Party received 4.8 percent of the votes (3054 voters).
The electors also voted by the majority rules. The result is as follows: 6 representatives of the Free Motherland Party, one representative of the Democratic Party, Parliament speaker of the fourth convocation Ashot Ghulian and two representatives of Dashnaktsutyun) will enter the legislature. The other member-elects are non-partisan.
Karabakh CEC also noted that no complaints from Communists hade been reported yet.
Author: Alvard Grigoryan; Source: CK correspondent
- Governor of Rostov Region announces closure of refugee centres
- In Azerbaijan, Ali Gyulalyev's father claims political motives of case against his son
- International Society ‘Memorial’ calls for cessation of military aggression against Ukraine. Appeal to the President of the Russian Federation
- In Sochi, "Rospotrebnadzor" suspends operation of two McDonald's restaurants
- Experts treat California's resolution on NKR's independence as step to its international recognition
- California State Senate adopts resolution recognizing Nagorno-Karabakh
- Armenia: court leaves Ovannisyan and Petrosyan, participants of "Million Mask March", under arrest
- Georgian Health Ministry sends delegation to help Ukraine
- Russian experts doubt Khajimba's chances for serious reforms in Abkhazia
- Crimean delegates learn how public and religious organizations work in Northern Caucasus under enhanced police control