24 May 2010, 19:21
Free Motherland Party leads in Nagorno-Karabakh election
Karabakh central electoral commission (CEC) has published the results of the parliamentary election held on 23 May. They show that Free Fatherland party received the 41 percent of the votes (29252 voters).
The second comes Artsakh Democratic Party with 28.6 percent of the votes (18017 voters). Armenian Revolutionary Party Dashnaktsutyun received 20.2 percent of the votes (12728 voters), and the Communist Party received 4.8 percent of the votes (3054 voters).
The electors also voted by the majority rules. The result is as follows: 6 representatives of the Free Motherland Party, one representative of the Democratic Party, Parliament speaker of the fourth convocation Ashot Ghulian and two representatives of Dashnaktsutyun) will enter the legislature. The other member-elects are non-partisan.
Karabakh CEC also noted that no complaints from Communists hade been reported yet.
Author: Alvard Grigoryan; Source: CK correspondentArticle source
- In Volgograd, 40 persons rally in support of State Duma MP Nikolai Parshin
- Georgian municipal officials receive unjustified bonuses, says NGO
- Ukrainian authorities announce capturing 23 Russians, including natives of Chechnya, near Lugansk
- Evkurov: ready to petition even for Kebekov
- Nagorno-Karabakh: over 1000 sign for Airapetyan's freedom
- Georgian farmers are not ready to benefit from Agreement with EU, experts say
- Transparency Azerbaijan: only low and medium level officials are prosecution for corruption
- Kadyrov places photo proof of Umarov's death in social network
- In Armenia, participants of "Million Mask March" declare themselves to be political prisoners
- Court in Azerbaijan postpones consideration of appeal lodged by "Nida" activists