24 May 2010, 19:21
Free Motherland Party leads in Nagorno-Karabakh election
Karabakh central electoral commission (CEC) has published the results of the parliamentary election held on 23 May. They show that Free Fatherland party received the 41 percent of the votes (29252 voters).
The second comes Artsakh Democratic Party with 28.6 percent of the votes (18017 voters). Armenian Revolutionary Party Dashnaktsutyun received 20.2 percent of the votes (12728 voters), and the Communist Party received 4.8 percent of the votes (3054 voters).
The electors also voted by the majority rules. The result is as follows: 6 representatives of the Free Motherland Party, one representative of the Democratic Party, Parliament speaker of the fourth convocation Ashot Ghulian and two representatives of Dashnaktsutyun) will enter the legislature. The other member-elects are non-partisan.
Karabakh CEC also noted that no complaints from Communists hade been reported yet.
Author: Alvard Grigoryan; Source: CK correspondent
- European Parliament urges Russia to recall alliance treaty with Abkhazia
- MfE: the basic version of fire in rights defenders' office in Grozny is arson
- Court session on MoJ's lawsuit on liquidation of "Memorial" postponed at request of rights defenders
- Power agents' actions did not interfere with work of authorities, Khasavyurt administration asserts
- In Moscow, participants of Journalists' Memorial Day paid tribute to Akhmednabiyev and Kuashev
- Special agents fix data of picketers in Moscow in defence of Chechen rights defenders
- In Armenia, rights defenders state prisons are overcrowded
- Experts doubt about reduced tension in Dagestan after murder of Murad Zalitinov
- Chechen leader rejects social payments to militants' relatives
- Jundallah Shishani killed in Syria was a native of Georgia