24 May 2010, 19:21
Free Motherland Party leads in Nagorno-Karabakh election
Karabakh central electoral commission (CEC) has published the results of the parliamentary election held on 23 May. They show that Free Fatherland party received the 41 percent of the votes (29252 voters).
The second comes Artsakh Democratic Party with 28.6 percent of the votes (18017 voters). Armenian Revolutionary Party Dashnaktsutyun received 20.2 percent of the votes (12728 voters), and the Communist Party received 4.8 percent of the votes (3054 voters).
The electors also voted by the majority rules. The result is as follows: 6 representatives of the Free Motherland Party, one representative of the Democratic Party, Parliament speaker of the fourth convocation Ashot Ghulian and two representatives of Dashnaktsutyun) will enter the legislature. The other member-elects are non-partisan.
Karabakh CEC also noted that no complaints from Communists hade been reported yet.
Author: Alvard Grigoryan; Source: CK correspondentArticle source
- Georgia protests against "KaZantip" Festival
- Chechen authorities impose sanctions on five US and EU officials
- Adzinov: 287 Ukrainian refugees have applied for temporary shelter in Volgograd Region
- Diaspora will not affect essentially on the outcome of presidential election in Abkhazia, experts say
- Heads of Chechnya and Krasnodar Territory are on EU's sanctions list
- Baku police release detained anti-Israel protesters
- Family members of Azerbaijanis detained in Nagorno-Karabakh appeal to Russian President
- Anti-Israel protesters detained in Baku
- Advocate: Batyr Pukhaev, hunger-striking in Tskhinvali IVS, rejects hospitalization
- Russia's MFA: placement of OSCE observers at two border checkpoints in Rostov Region agreed