24 May 2010, 19:21
Free Motherland Party leads in Nagorno-Karabakh election
Karabakh central electoral commission (CEC) has published the results of the parliamentary election held on 23 May. They show that Free Fatherland party received the 41 percent of the votes (29252 voters).
The second comes Artsakh Democratic Party with 28.6 percent of the votes (18017 voters). Armenian Revolutionary Party Dashnaktsutyun received 20.2 percent of the votes (12728 voters), and the Communist Party received 4.8 percent of the votes (3054 voters).
The electors also voted by the majority rules. The result is as follows: 6 representatives of the Free Motherland Party, one representative of the Democratic Party, Parliament speaker of the fourth convocation Ashot Ghulian and two representatives of Dashnaktsutyun) will enter the legislature. The other member-elects are non-partisan.
Karabakh CEC also noted that no complaints from Communists hade been reported yet.
Author: Alvard Grigoryan; Source: CK correspondent
- Armenia: organizer of "Million Mask March" sentenced to six years of imprisonment
- Four persons from the list of political prisoners pardoned in Azerbaijan
- "EcoWatch" members report improvement of Vitishko's relations with colony bosses
- At conference in KBR, more than 40 scientists discuss Caucasian War
- In Greece, court refuses to extradite Data Akhalaya to Georgia
- Monitoring Centre of Political Prisoners set up in Azerbaijan
- Dagestani court removes head of Derbent District from office
- Officials fail to react to demands of Zverevo hunger-strikers, protesters assert
- Tbilisi: "Free Generation" activists demand to ban UNM
- Putin promises to draw investigators' attention to killings of journalists in Dagestan