24 May 2010, 19:21
Free Motherland Party leads in Nagorno-Karabakh election
Karabakh central electoral commission (CEC) has published the results of the parliamentary election held on 23 May. They show that Free Fatherland party received the 41 percent of the votes (29252 voters).
The second comes Artsakh Democratic Party with 28.6 percent of the votes (18017 voters). Armenian Revolutionary Party Dashnaktsutyun received 20.2 percent of the votes (12728 voters), and the Communist Party received 4.8 percent of the votes (3054 voters).
The electors also voted by the majority rules. The result is as follows: 6 representatives of the Free Motherland Party, one representative of the Democratic Party, Parliament speaker of the fourth convocation Ashot Ghulian and two representatives of Dashnaktsutyun) will enter the legislature. The other member-elects are non-partisan.
Karabakh CEC also noted that no complaints from Communists hade been reported yet.
Author: Alvard Grigoryan; Source: CK correspondent
- In Dagestan, PEC member demands to punish policemen who detained him
- Human rights defenders and diplomats comdemn impunity in Akhmednabiev case
- In Volgograd, TEC rejects demand of "Rodina" candidate to recount votes
- Over 400 refugees return daily to Ukraine from Russia through Rostov Region
- "Rodina" candidate for Volgograd Regional Duma demands to recount ballots at 10 polling stations
- Krasnodar Territory to deploy over 70 TACs for Ukrainian refugees
- "Edinaya Rossiya" candidate demands vote recount at elections to Volgograd Regional Duma
- "Map of Election Fraud" receives 35 reports from Southern Russia
- Shein demands vote recount at election of Astrakhan Governor
- In Volgograd Region, CPRF members file five complaints about election violations