24 May 2010, 19:21
Free Motherland Party leads in Nagorno-Karabakh election
Karabakh central electoral commission (CEC) has published the results of the parliamentary election held on 23 May. They show that Free Fatherland party received the 41 percent of the votes (29252 voters).
The second comes Artsakh Democratic Party with 28.6 percent of the votes (18017 voters). Armenian Revolutionary Party Dashnaktsutyun received 20.2 percent of the votes (12728 voters), and the Communist Party received 4.8 percent of the votes (3054 voters).
The electors also voted by the majority rules. The result is as follows: 6 representatives of the Free Motherland Party, one representative of the Democratic Party, Parliament speaker of the fourth convocation Ashot Ghulian and two representatives of Dashnaktsutyun) will enter the legislature. The other member-elects are non-partisan.
Karabakh CEC also noted that no complaints from Communists hade been reported yet.
Author: Alvard Grigoryan; Source: CK correspondent
- Darya Polyudova's case returned for further investigation
- Participants of Moscow conference claim negative consequences of non-recognition of Armenian Genocide
- Police initiate investigation into case of beating Gadjimurad Omarov in Makhachkala
- Mikhail Abramyan's party colleagues report on his hunger strike at Stavropol IVS
- Professor Savva has no intent to return to Russia
- Three thousand attend opposition rally in Yerevan
- Exhibits of City History Museum are on display in Yerevan
- CaT condemns non-admission of advocate to Zaur Dadaev
- OSCE representatives condemn sentencing of Rasul Jafarov in Baku
- Member of "Founding Parliament" Gevorg Safaryan goes on hunger strike