24 May 2010, 19:21
Free Motherland Party leads in Nagorno-Karabakh election
Karabakh central electoral commission (CEC) has published the results of the parliamentary election held on 23 May. They show that Free Fatherland party received the 41 percent of the votes (29252 voters).
The second comes Artsakh Democratic Party with 28.6 percent of the votes (18017 voters). Armenian Revolutionary Party Dashnaktsutyun received 20.2 percent of the votes (12728 voters), and the Communist Party received 4.8 percent of the votes (3054 voters).
The electors also voted by the majority rules. The result is as follows: 6 representatives of the Free Motherland Party, one representative of the Democratic Party, Parliament speaker of the fourth convocation Ashot Ghulian and two representatives of Dashnaktsutyun) will enter the legislature. The other member-elects are non-partisan.
Karabakh CEC also noted that no complaints from Communists hade been reported yet.
Author: Alvard Grigoryan; Source: CK correspondent
- In Makhachkala, eight persons go on hunger strike demanding resignation of Dagestani leader
- CPJ expresses concern over failure of justice in some cases on journalists' murders in Russia
- Mothers of large families from Volgograd Region hold picket in Moscow
- In Georgia, Azerbaijani students stand against closure of mosque in Mokhe village
- Defence of participants of "Million Mask March" decides to challenge the verdict
- US State Department urges Americans to refrain from visiting Krasnodar Territory and Rostov Region
- Deputies of Astrakhan City Duma propose to abolish direct election of City Mayor
- ECtHR to consider lawsuit filed by GLP on violations during municipal elections
- Fifteen years after terror act in Armenian Parliament, issue of its organizers is still open
- Stavropol holds rally against deforestation