24 May 2010, 19:21
Free Motherland Party leads in Nagorno-Karabakh election
Karabakh central electoral commission (CEC) has published the results of the parliamentary election held on 23 May. They show that Free Fatherland party received the 41 percent of the votes (29252 voters).
The second comes Artsakh Democratic Party with 28.6 percent of the votes (18017 voters). Armenian Revolutionary Party Dashnaktsutyun received 20.2 percent of the votes (12728 voters), and the Communist Party received 4.8 percent of the votes (3054 voters).
The electors also voted by the majority rules. The result is as follows: 6 representatives of the Free Motherland Party, one representative of the Democratic Party, Parliament speaker of the fourth convocation Ashot Ghulian and two representatives of Dashnaktsutyun) will enter the legislature. The other member-elects are non-partisan.
Karabakh CEC also noted that no complaints from Communists hade been reported yet.
Author: Alvard Grigoryan; Source: CK correspondent
- Parliaments of Armenia and NKR urge international community to recognize Armenian Genocide
- Rights defenders urge Azerbaijani authorities to release Intigam Aliev
- Alexander Tkachov's protégé to lead Krasnodar Territory
- MCC upholds arrests of two defendants in Boris Nemtsov's case
- Court dismisses second advocate of Anzor Gubashev
- Intigam Aliev sentenced to 7.5 years in prison
- Court leaves Khamzat Bakhaev in custody until August 28
- MCC leaves Tamerlan Eskerkhanov under arrest
- Foreign Minister of South Ossetia dismissed
- Court extends arrest of Anzor Gubashev until August 28