18 June 2010, 21:00
In Sochi, Imereti residents stop their hunger strike
In Sochi, the participants of the 24-day-long hunger strike stopped their protest action in exchange for the promise of the authorities to get into every particular case of discontent or misunderstanding of Imereti Lowland residents.
On May 19, 10 residents of Verkhneimeretinskaya Street of the Adler District of the city of Sochi went on hunger strike with a demand to address the issue of their resettlement from the construction area of Olympic objects in Sochi with account of their interests.
Having no official documents about appraisal of their real estates in hand, local residents are afraid to remain state debtors after resettlement into the houses built for them.
Besides, they demand to publish at last the approved layout map of the Imereti Lowland: without seeing the location of the would-be sporting and infrastructural objects of the Olympic Park, Imereti residents cannot understand, what will be located in the place of their alienated real estates.
Author: Ivan Fadeev; Source: CK correspondent
- Relatives of Elshan Salikhov, killed in Derbent, deny his involvement in militants' activities
- Volgograd: residents of Srednaya Akhtuba picket against expanded clay factories
- In Budyonnovsk, head of Committee of Soldiers' Mothers detained after search in NGO's office
- 23 believers taken to police after namaz in Makhachkala
- Four persons from the list of political prisoners pardoned in Azerbaijan
- In Dagestan, Patimat Nasibova's sister was held by police for an hour
- "EcoWatch" members report improvement of Vitishko's relations with colony bosses
- Dagestani SC leaves Nadir Abu Khalid under home arrest
- Former residents of central Yerevan demand new flats from Armenian Government
- ECtHR finds inquiry into the death of a Chechen woman in Russia inefficient