18 June 2010, 21:00
In Sochi, Imereti residents stop their hunger strike
In Sochi, the participants of the 24-day-long hunger strike stopped their protest action in exchange for the promise of the authorities to get into every particular case of discontent or misunderstanding of Imereti Lowland residents.
On May 19, 10 residents of Verkhneimeretinskaya Street of the Adler District of the city of Sochi went on hunger strike with a demand to address the issue of their resettlement from the construction area of Olympic objects in Sochi with account of their interests.
Having no official documents about appraisal of their real estates in hand, local residents are afraid to remain state debtors after resettlement into the houses built for them.
Besides, they demand to publish at last the approved layout map of the Imereti Lowland: without seeing the location of the would-be sporting and infrastructural objects of the Olympic Park, Imereti residents cannot understand, what will be located in the place of their alienated real estates.
Author: Ivan Fadeev; Source: CK correspondentArticle source
- Batyr Pukhaev is on the 14th day of his hunger strike in Tskhinvali IVS
- US DoS indicates restrictions of citizens' religious rights in Azerbaijan
- Refugees living in "Promzhilbaza" find it difficult to rent housing for money allocated by authorities
- MCC finds Orkhan Zeinalov guilty of Yegor Scherbakov's murder in Biryulyovo
- Levon Airapetyan's friend reports on deterioration of businessman's health at Moscow SIZO
- Azerbaijan: Faraj Kerimli, arrested activist of "Musavat" Party, stated his innocence
- In Dagestan, Abdulkadyrov's advocate cannot locate him
- Chechen residents report sharp rise in food prices on the eve of 'Id al-Fitr (Uraza-Bayram)
- Anti-Israel protesters detained in Baku
- Krasnodar ecologist Evgeny Vitishko reprimanded in colony, activists report