18 June 2010, 21:00
In Sochi, Imereti residents stop their hunger strike
In Sochi, the participants of the 24-day-long hunger strike stopped their protest action in exchange for the promise of the authorities to get into every particular case of discontent or misunderstanding of Imereti Lowland residents.
On May 19, 10 residents of Verkhneimeretinskaya Street of the Adler District of the city of Sochi went on hunger strike with a demand to address the issue of their resettlement from the construction area of Olympic objects in Sochi with account of their interests.
Having no official documents about appraisal of their real estates in hand, local residents are afraid to remain state debtors after resettlement into the houses built for them.
Besides, they demand to publish at last the approved layout map of the Imereti Lowland: without seeing the location of the would-be sporting and infrastructural objects of the Olympic Park, Imereti residents cannot understand, what will be located in the place of their alienated real estates.
Author: Ivan Fadeev; Source: CK correspondent
- Protest in Yerevan ends with ultimatum to authorities
- In Darya Polyudova's case, investigators appoint new examination of her posts on Internet
- "Kommersant": investigators refuse to institute criminal case on use of illegal actions against Zaur Dadaev
- Film "Family" not to change human rights situation in Chechnya
- 23 women awarded on 100th anniversary of Armenian Genocide
- ECtHR accepts complaint of Krasnodar activist Martynyuk to consideration
- Prosecutor's Office of North Ossetia finds source of pollution of Terek River
- Advocate of Dagestani residents detained during CTO allowed visiting his clients
- "Open Russia" posts film about Ramzan Kadyrov on Internet
- "Pussy Riot" members appeal to ECtHR to challenge law enforcers' refusal to investigate attack in Sochi