18 June 2010, 21:00
In Sochi, Imereti residents stop their hunger strike
In Sochi, the participants of the 24-day-long hunger strike stopped their protest action in exchange for the promise of the authorities to get into every particular case of discontent or misunderstanding of Imereti Lowland residents.
On May 19, 10 residents of Verkhneimeretinskaya Street of the Adler District of the city of Sochi went on hunger strike with a demand to address the issue of their resettlement from the construction area of Olympic objects in Sochi with account of their interests.
Having no official documents about appraisal of their real estates in hand, local residents are afraid to remain state debtors after resettlement into the houses built for them.
Besides, they demand to publish at last the approved layout map of the Imereti Lowland: without seeing the location of the would-be sporting and infrastructural objects of the Olympic Park, Imereti residents cannot understand, what will be located in the place of their alienated real estates.
Author: Ivan Fadeev; Source: CK correspondent
- Seven hunger-strikers continue demanding Abdulatipov's resignation
- In Azerbaijan, one of advocates is withdrawn from protection of rights of Leyla Yunus
- Azerbaijani filmmaker Eldaniz Guliev fined for libelling MIA head
- Defenders of sentenced Rostov journalist Alexander Tolmachov disagree with Court's verdict
- In Dagestan, District Court re-takes Patimat Nasibova into custody
- In Grozny, relatives of disappeared persons obtain 60 genetic passports
- Relatives of murdered rights defender Maksharip Aushev ask to transfer investigation to Ingushetia
- Natives of Northern Caucasus picket Pirogov Medical University in protest against ban on religious clothing
- Russian HRC to appeal to General Prosecutor's Office in connection with case against Imam Kurman-Ali Baichorov
- In Makhachkala, eight persons go on hunger strike demanding resignation of Dagestani leader