18 June 2010, 21:00
In Sochi, Imereti residents stop their hunger strike
In Sochi, the participants of the 24-day-long hunger strike stopped their protest action in exchange for the promise of the authorities to get into every particular case of discontent or misunderstanding of Imereti Lowland residents.
On May 19, 10 residents of Verkhneimeretinskaya Street of the Adler District of the city of Sochi went on hunger strike with a demand to address the issue of their resettlement from the construction area of Olympic objects in Sochi with account of their interests.
Having no official documents about appraisal of their real estates in hand, local residents are afraid to remain state debtors after resettlement into the houses built for them.
Besides, they demand to publish at last the approved layout map of the Imereti Lowland: without seeing the location of the would-be sporting and infrastructural objects of the Olympic Park, Imereti residents cannot understand, what will be located in the place of their alienated real estates.
Author: Ivan Fadeev; Source: CK correspondent
- Russia's Cabinet of Ministers approves alliance treaty with Abkhazia
- Azerbaijan: Ilgar Mamedov transferred to colony medical unit
- Chechen authorities save power through mass power disconnections, residents assert
- Nalchik has no conditions for disabled, activists of "Accessible Environment" assert
- KBR's SC rejects compensation claim of 55 Chernobyl accident liquidators
- In Dagestan, meeting on Karaman ends in a brawl
- Azerbaijani journalist Mirkadyrov not released from prison after his arrest term
- Azerbaijan enacts amendments to the law on NGOs and grants
- Third shift starts hunger-striking in Karaman
- Power agents are not engaged in mass persecution of believers in KChR, experts say