18 June 2010, 21:00
In Sochi, Imereti residents stop their hunger strike
In Sochi, the participants of the 24-day-long hunger strike stopped their protest action in exchange for the promise of the authorities to get into every particular case of discontent or misunderstanding of Imereti Lowland residents.
On May 19, 10 residents of Verkhneimeretinskaya Street of the Adler District of the city of Sochi went on hunger strike with a demand to address the issue of their resettlement from the construction area of Olympic objects in Sochi with account of their interests.
Having no official documents about appraisal of their real estates in hand, local residents are afraid to remain state debtors after resettlement into the houses built for them.
Besides, they demand to publish at last the approved layout map of the Imereti Lowland: without seeing the location of the would-be sporting and infrastructural objects of the Olympic Park, Imereti residents cannot understand, what will be located in the place of their alienated real estates.
Author: Ivan Fadeev; Source: CK correspondent
- "Caucasian Knot" sums up armed conflict outcomes in NCFD in 2014
- Prosecutor's Office of Azerbaijan blames NKR for breaking laws of war
- Resident of Ingushetia Magomed Aushev released under recognizance not to leave
- Gannushkina associates check of "Civil Assistance" with her criticism of Prosecutor's Office Law
- Power agents come to check offices of "Civil Assistance" and Transparency International, said Pavel Chikov
- Lawyers challenge arrest extension of three natives of Chechnya accused of attempting on MfE employees
- In Yerevan, entrepreneurs threaten Armenian authorities with sit-in strike
- Lawyers send complaint of Azerbaijanis convicted in NKR to ECtHR
- Azerbaijani MIA starts investigating attack on rights defender Gyunay Ismaylova
- Azerbaijani rights defenders express concern about Abdula Abilov's health