18 June 2010, 21:00
In Sochi, Imereti residents stop their hunger strike
In Sochi, the participants of the 24-day-long hunger strike stopped their protest action in exchange for the promise of the authorities to get into every particular case of discontent or misunderstanding of Imereti Lowland residents.
On May 19, 10 residents of Verkhneimeretinskaya Street of the Adler District of the city of Sochi went on hunger strike with a demand to address the issue of their resettlement from the construction area of Olympic objects in Sochi with account of their interests.
Having no official documents about appraisal of their real estates in hand, local residents are afraid to remain state debtors after resettlement into the houses built for them.
Besides, they demand to publish at last the approved layout map of the Imereti Lowland: without seeing the location of the would-be sporting and infrastructural objects of the Olympic Park, Imereti residents cannot understand, what will be located in the place of their alienated real estates.
Author: Ivan Fadeev; Source: CK correspondent
- Abramyan's detention in Stavropol IVS extended by five days
- Khadija Ismayilova awarded Barbara Goldsmith's Award "Freedom to Write"
- Krasnodar residents complain about construction of multi-storied building near lake
- Mikhail Abramyan's party colleagues report on his hunger strike at Stavropol IVS
- In Makhachkala, mosque employee arrested on suspicion of possessing ammunition
- In Sochi, Saveliev family members leave trial on their eviction in protest
- Professor Savva has no intent to return to Russia
- Three thousand attend opposition rally in Yerevan
- Dagestani Akhmed Kamilov released from police
- CaT condemns non-admission of advocate to Zaur Dadaev