18 June 2010, 21:00
In Sochi, Imereti residents stop their hunger strike
In Sochi, the participants of the 24-day-long hunger strike stopped their protest action in exchange for the promise of the authorities to get into every particular case of discontent or misunderstanding of Imereti Lowland residents.
On May 19, 10 residents of Verkhneimeretinskaya Street of the Adler District of the city of Sochi went on hunger strike with a demand to address the issue of their resettlement from the construction area of Olympic objects in Sochi with account of their interests.
Having no official documents about appraisal of their real estates in hand, local residents are afraid to remain state debtors after resettlement into the houses built for them.
Besides, they demand to publish at last the approved layout map of the Imereti Lowland: without seeing the location of the would-be sporting and infrastructural objects of the Olympic Park, Imereti residents cannot understand, what will be located in the place of their alienated real estates.
Author: Ivan Fadeev; Source: CK correspondent
- Knowledge Day in NCFD: regions face shortage of schools
- Sapiyat Magomedova complains to Dagestani ID about delays in investigation into case of her beating
- Dagestani authorities claim lack of federal funds to pay compensation to Mekhelta villagers
- Zarema Khadjirokova accused of fraud goes on hunger strike in Maikop
- Prosecutor's Office of Azerbaijan bans Namazov's leaving the country
- Dudieva: on October 14, ECtHR to start considering complaint of Beslan victims
- Beslan marks tenth anniversary of terror act
- Residents of Chechnya express their concern over growth of prices for meat and dairy products
- Azerbaijan freezes bank accounts of Centre for Economic Research and its leader
- In Sochi, Lavrikov family challenge court decision to move them to "Olympic" housing