18 June 2010, 21:00
In Sochi, Imereti residents stop their hunger strike
In Sochi, the participants of the 24-day-long hunger strike stopped their protest action in exchange for the promise of the authorities to get into every particular case of discontent or misunderstanding of Imereti Lowland residents.
On May 19, 10 residents of Verkhneimeretinskaya Street of the Adler District of the city of Sochi went on hunger strike with a demand to address the issue of their resettlement from the construction area of Olympic objects in Sochi with account of their interests.
Having no official documents about appraisal of their real estates in hand, local residents are afraid to remain state debtors after resettlement into the houses built for them.
Besides, they demand to publish at last the approved layout map of the Imereti Lowland: without seeing the location of the would-be sporting and infrastructural objects of the Olympic Park, Imereti residents cannot understand, what will be located in the place of their alienated real estates.
Author: Ivan Fadeev; Source: CK correspondent
- Zaur Tokhov, sentenced for attack on Nalchik, hospitalized
- Russian SC upholds verdict against Timur Tangiev
- In Dagestan, experts believe Ruslan Magomedragimov was killed
- In Shushiya, villagers offer hunger-strikers to hold rally and appeal to ECtHR
- Defence of Timur Tangiev hopes for review of his sentence
- Buynaksk residents complain that power agents tore away poster with text from Koran
- Court extends detention of Rashid Isaev
- Defendants in case of explosion in Sheikh al-Chirkawi's house plead not guilty
- Experts evidence to court in Adygea on agro holding's suit to ecologist Brinikh
- Rostov Region: authorities ask Moscow's help to solve Chertkovo problems