18 June 2010, 21:00
In Sochi, Imereti residents stop their hunger strike
In Sochi, the participants of the 24-day-long hunger strike stopped their protest action in exchange for the promise of the authorities to get into every particular case of discontent or misunderstanding of Imereti Lowland residents.
On May 19, 10 residents of Verkhneimeretinskaya Street of the Adler District of the city of Sochi went on hunger strike with a demand to address the issue of their resettlement from the construction area of Olympic objects in Sochi with account of their interests.
Having no official documents about appraisal of their real estates in hand, local residents are afraid to remain state debtors after resettlement into the houses built for them.
Besides, they demand to publish at last the approved layout map of the Imereti Lowland: without seeing the location of the would-be sporting and infrastructural objects of the Olympic Park, Imereti residents cannot understand, what will be located in the place of their alienated real estates.
Author: Ivan Fadeev; Source: CK correspondent
- Three houses of militants' relatives already demolished in Gudermes, locals report
- Residents of Yerevan rally against price growth
- Buynaksk Salafi mosque-goers taken to police
- Professor Zubarevich does not find deficit of North-Caucasian budgets critical
- ICRF starts checking Kadyrov's statement in relation to "certain Kalyapin"
- Representatives of Azerbaijani Ombudsperson gave legal advice to Khadija Ismayilova
- Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe demands from Azerbaijani authorities to release Ilgar Mamedov
- Defence of Imam of Kislovodsk states violation of constitutional rights of Kurman-Ali Baichorov at the trial
- European Parliament urges Russia to recall alliance treaty with Abkhazia
- Court dealing with the case of Imam of Kislovodsk bans videoing the trial