18 June 2010, 21:00
In Sochi, Imereti residents stop their hunger strike
In Sochi, the participants of the 24-day-long hunger strike stopped their protest action in exchange for the promise of the authorities to get into every particular case of discontent or misunderstanding of Imereti Lowland residents.
On May 19, 10 residents of Verkhneimeretinskaya Street of the Adler District of the city of Sochi went on hunger strike with a demand to address the issue of their resettlement from the construction area of Olympic objects in Sochi with account of their interests.
Having no official documents about appraisal of their real estates in hand, local residents are afraid to remain state debtors after resettlement into the houses built for them.
Besides, they demand to publish at last the approved layout map of the Imereti Lowland: without seeing the location of the would-be sporting and infrastructural objects of the Olympic Park, Imereti residents cannot understand, what will be located in the place of their alienated real estates.
Author: Ivan Fadeev; Source: CK correspondent
- Volgograd: rally "For Fair Elections" adopts resolution on violation of their electoral rights
- AI calls on journalists to support commemoration of Anna Politkovskaya
- Within a month, activists raise 85,000 roubles to help Russian-speaking elders in Caucasus
- In Krasnodar, activist Alexei Mandrigelya attacked
- In Georgia, refugees plan to march from Poti to Tbilisi in protest
- Azerbaijan: Leyla Yunus' cellmate demands to punish Leyla's advocate
- Kizilyurt resident doomed kidnapped found in Dagestan
- Azerbaijani rights defender Anar Mamedli receives Vaclav Havel Award
- Vremenny residents reject power agents' offer to leave their houses
- HRC "Memorial": power agents would not let rights defenders into blocked Vremenny