18 June 2010, 21:00
In Sochi, Imereti residents stop their hunger strike
In Sochi, the participants of the 24-day-long hunger strike stopped their protest action in exchange for the promise of the authorities to get into every particular case of discontent or misunderstanding of Imereti Lowland residents.
On May 19, 10 residents of Verkhneimeretinskaya Street of the Adler District of the city of Sochi went on hunger strike with a demand to address the issue of their resettlement from the construction area of Olympic objects in Sochi with account of their interests.
Having no official documents about appraisal of their real estates in hand, local residents are afraid to remain state debtors after resettlement into the houses built for them.
Besides, they demand to publish at last the approved layout map of the Imereti Lowland: without seeing the location of the would-be sporting and infrastructural objects of the Olympic Park, Imereti residents cannot understand, what will be located in the place of their alienated real estates.
Author: Ivan Fadeev; Source: CK correspondent
- Azerbaijani GPO questions IRFS accountant
- Azerbaijani rights defender Emil Mamedov pleads not guilty at trial
- Chechen residents could reject law enforcers' night questioning, experts assert
- Advocate: Leyla Yunus exposed to psychological pressure in Azerbaijani SIZO
- Infographics. Statistics of victims in Northern Caucasus in July 2014 under the data of the Caucasian Knot
- In Dagestan, "Yabloko" regional leader refuses to complain about law enforcers' action during his detention
- Roundtable: advocates are still not admitted into unit "G" of Makhachkala SIZO
- Nurmagomedov's relatives claim falsification of evidence against him
- UN experts call on Azerbaijani government to stop prosecuting rights defenders
- Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey agree to hold joint military exercises