18 June 2010, 21:00
In Sochi, Imereti residents stop their hunger strike
In Sochi, the participants of the 24-day-long hunger strike stopped their protest action in exchange for the promise of the authorities to get into every particular case of discontent or misunderstanding of Imereti Lowland residents.
On May 19, 10 residents of Verkhneimeretinskaya Street of the Adler District of the city of Sochi went on hunger strike with a demand to address the issue of their resettlement from the construction area of Olympic objects in Sochi with account of their interests.
Having no official documents about appraisal of their real estates in hand, local residents are afraid to remain state debtors after resettlement into the houses built for them.
Besides, they demand to publish at last the approved layout map of the Imereti Lowland: without seeing the location of the would-be sporting and infrastructural objects of the Olympic Park, Imereti residents cannot understand, what will be located in the place of their alienated real estates.
Author: Ivan Fadeev; Source: CK correspondent
- EP calls on Russia's MoJ to withdraw its claim on dissolution of "Memorial"
- After meeting with Nils Muižnieks, Azerbaijani activists hope for his help in addressing human rights problems
- Azerbaijan sets up "Joint Human Rights Group"
- MoJ announces its readiness to withdraw claim on dissolution of "Memorial"
- Astrakhan Mayor Stolyarov, accused of bribery, claims he took money for city needs
- Dagestan: law enforcers cordon off Gimry village, local residents report
- EP to send delegation to Azerbaijan to support Leyla Yunus
- In Armenia, activists hold march to condemn police actions against blind oppositionist
- Over 3000 Internet users sign in support of Stavropol rights defender Bogatenkova
- In Volgograd, officials promise to support mothers of large families at federal level