18 June 2010, 21:00
In Sochi, Imereti residents stop their hunger strike
In Sochi, the participants of the 24-day-long hunger strike stopped their protest action in exchange for the promise of the authorities to get into every particular case of discontent or misunderstanding of Imereti Lowland residents.
On May 19, 10 residents of Verkhneimeretinskaya Street of the Adler District of the city of Sochi went on hunger strike with a demand to address the issue of their resettlement from the construction area of Olympic objects in Sochi with account of their interests.
Having no official documents about appraisal of their real estates in hand, local residents are afraid to remain state debtors after resettlement into the houses built for them.
Besides, they demand to publish at last the approved layout map of the Imereti Lowland: without seeing the location of the would-be sporting and infrastructural objects of the Olympic Park, Imereti residents cannot understand, what will be located in the place of their alienated real estates.
Author: Ivan Fadeev; Source: CK correspondentArticle source
- In Makhachkala, police release all detained believers
- Advocate: Dagestani investigators ignore statement about violation of Abdulkadyrov's rights
- Baku: staff of "Azadlyg" newspaper holds picket demanding to repay debt
- Resident of Makhachkala states disappearance of her husband
- Coast reinforcement resumed on beaches of Imereti Lowland in Sochi
- ICRF to check actions of NKVD agents during deportation of Chechens
- Russia's MoJ adds HRC "Memorial" to registry of "foreign agents"
- On July 14-20, one person fell victim to armed conflict in Northern Caucasus
- Ex-deputy head of Cherkessk OVD complains to ICRF about investigators
- RWB condemns extension of Mirkadirov's arrest