18 June 2010, 21:00
In Sochi, Imereti residents stop their hunger strike
In Sochi, the participants of the 24-day-long hunger strike stopped their protest action in exchange for the promise of the authorities to get into every particular case of discontent or misunderstanding of Imereti Lowland residents.
On May 19, 10 residents of Verkhneimeretinskaya Street of the Adler District of the city of Sochi went on hunger strike with a demand to address the issue of their resettlement from the construction area of Olympic objects in Sochi with account of their interests.
Having no official documents about appraisal of their real estates in hand, local residents are afraid to remain state debtors after resettlement into the houses built for them.
Besides, they demand to publish at last the approved layout map of the Imereti Lowland: without seeing the location of the would-be sporting and infrastructural objects of the Olympic Park, Imereti residents cannot understand, what will be located in the place of their alienated real estates.
Author: Ivan Fadeev; Source: CK correspondent
- Human rights defenders and diplomats comdemn impunity in Akhmednabiev case
- Armenian CoA upholds verdict to Volodya Avetisyan
- At UN HRC session, "Article-19" demands from Russian authorities to reopen inquiry into Ahmednabiev's killing
- Dagestani court convicts Abakarova for possessing "suicide belt"
- In Azerbaijan, Leyla Yunus' advocate stats that she is pressed by two cellmates
- Over 200 came to support Schagen Arutyunyan in Yerevan
- "Map of Election Fraud" receives 35 reports from Southern Russia
- Attacks on journalists in Armenia result from impunity, NGOs state
- In KChR, "Communists of Russia" and "Rot Front" complain about unjustified withdrawal of their candidates from elections
- Sochi experts: gravel extraction from Ashe River valley threatens disaster for Shapsugs