18 June 2010, 21:00
In Sochi, Imereti residents stop their hunger strike
In Sochi, the participants of the 24-day-long hunger strike stopped their protest action in exchange for the promise of the authorities to get into every particular case of discontent or misunderstanding of Imereti Lowland residents.
On May 19, 10 residents of Verkhneimeretinskaya Street of the Adler District of the city of Sochi went on hunger strike with a demand to address the issue of their resettlement from the construction area of Olympic objects in Sochi with account of their interests.
Having no official documents about appraisal of their real estates in hand, local residents are afraid to remain state debtors after resettlement into the houses built for them.
Besides, they demand to publish at last the approved layout map of the Imereti Lowland: without seeing the location of the would-be sporting and infrastructural objects of the Olympic Park, Imereti residents cannot understand, what will be located in the place of their alienated real estates.
Author: Ivan Fadeev; Source: CK correspondent
- Two men detained in Elin-Yurt after dam explosion at reservoir, local reports
- Volgograd: four parents of many children go on rotating hunger strike
- Makhachkala policemen push protesters away from construction site (+video)
- Power agents refuse to disclose information about local resident detained in Kizilyurt District, his relatives assert
- In Volgograd, organizer of march "Vesna" released from police station
- Situation on border with Georgia is satisfactory, says Tskhinvali's spokesman
- Experts treat the version of Islamic-extremist trace in Nemtsov's murder as unlikely
- ICRF finds Nemtsov's murder possible because of Charlie Hebdo
- Sochi residents commemorate Boris Nemtsov (+video)
- Georgian resident detained at border with South Ossetia