13 October 2010, 19:00
ROSTRUD held up the work of three mines in Rostov region
Federal Labor and Employment Service (Rostrud) held up the work of three mines in Rostov region. The reason for doing so had become blatant violations of labor security creating an actual danger for the miners' lives committed by the employers, Andrey Selivanov, Deputy Head of Rostrud, reported.
Work was temporarily stopped at the mines of Dalniya, Obuhovkaya and Almaznaya.
"The employers had not provided safe labor conditions, purchased overalls, working footwear and other personal protective equipment. The works have been held up through the employers' fault", Selivanov said.
He added that the mines would be able to recommence full-fledged work after fulfillment of the demands of State labor inspection, "Interfax" reports.
"Caucasian Knot" has already informed that in July the Public prosecutor's office of Rostov region reported the results of its inspection of the Don mines. These inspections reveled that a great number of violations of industrial security, fire-prevention, labor, nature conservation and sanitary and epidemiological legislation were being tolerated at the mines of Rostov.
All in all 15 coal mines are located in the towns of Gukovo, Zverevo, Shakhti, Dotetsk, Oktyabrsky Selsky, Tatsinsky, Belokalitvinsky and Krasnosulinsky districts of Rostov region. As the Public prosecutor's office found out only nine of them had had normal working conditions.
- Film "Family" not to change human rights situation in Chechnya
- Woman from Izberbash accused of trying to sell her minor child
- Dagestan resident accused of aiding militants
- 23 women awarded on 100th anniversary of Armenian Genocide
- ECtHR accepts complaint of Krasnodar activist Martynyuk to consideration
- Armenia: three persons injured by explosion at gas station
- "Kommersant": in case of Boris Nemtsov's murder, investigators search for unidentified witnesses to crime
- Circassian activist Adnan Khuade reports on searches at work and home
- "SOCAR" prepares defamation claim against Azerbaijani human rights defender
- Prosecutor's Office of North Ossetia finds source of pollution of Terek River