13 October 2010, 19:00
ROSTRUD held up the work of three mines in Rostov region
Federal Labor and Employment Service (Rostrud) held up the work of three mines in Rostov region. The reason for doing so had become blatant violations of labor security creating an actual danger for the miners' lives committed by the employers, Andrey Selivanov, Deputy Head of Rostrud, reported.
Work was temporarily stopped at the mines of Dalniya, Obuhovkaya and Almaznaya.
"The employers had not provided safe labor conditions, purchased overalls, working footwear and other personal protective equipment. The works have been held up through the employers' fault", Selivanov said.
He added that the mines would be able to recommence full-fledged work after fulfillment of the demands of State labor inspection, "Interfax" reports.
"Caucasian Knot" has already informed that in July the Public prosecutor's office of Rostov region reported the results of its inspection of the Don mines. These inspections reveled that a great number of violations of industrial security, fire-prevention, labor, nature conservation and sanitary and epidemiological legislation were being tolerated at the mines of Rostov.
All in all 15 coal mines are located in the towns of Gukovo, Zverevo, Shakhti, Dotetsk, Oktyabrsky Selsky, Tatsinsky, Belokalitvinsky and Krasnosulinsky districts of Rostov region. As the Public prosecutor's office found out only nine of them had had normal working conditions.
- Two men detained in Elin-Yurt after dam explosion at reservoir, local reports
- Volgograd: four parents of many children go on rotating hunger strike
- Inquiry into Nemtsov's murder is headed by general, who solved Markelov's murder
- Makhachkala policemen push protesters away from construction site (+video)
- In Dagestan, policemen shoot and kill man who opened fire on them
- "EcoWatch" announces campaign against capture of land of Sochi National Park and Caucasian Nature Reserve
- Boris Nemtsov's murder becomes severe blow against opposition, protesters in Astrakhan believe
- Power agents refuse to disclose information about local resident detained in Kizilyurt District, his relatives assert
- Gannushkina: Russian flags at Nemtsov memory march symbolize country, not Vladimir Putin
- Rostov-on-Don: anti-crisis marchers demand independent inquiry into Nemtsov's murder