13 October 2010, 19:00
ROSTRUD held up the work of three mines in Rostov region
Federal Labor and Employment Service (Rostrud) held up the work of three mines in Rostov region. The reason for doing so had become blatant violations of labor security creating an actual danger for the miners' lives committed by the employers, Andrey Selivanov, Deputy Head of Rostrud, reported.
Work was temporarily stopped at the mines of Dalniya, Obuhovkaya and Almaznaya.
"The employers had not provided safe labor conditions, purchased overalls, working footwear and other personal protective equipment. The works have been held up through the employers' fault", Selivanov said.
He added that the mines would be able to recommence full-fledged work after fulfillment of the demands of State labor inspection, "Interfax" reports.
"Caucasian Knot" has already informed that in July the Public prosecutor's office of Rostov region reported the results of its inspection of the Don mines. These inspections reveled that a great number of violations of industrial security, fire-prevention, labor, nature conservation and sanitary and epidemiological legislation were being tolerated at the mines of Rostov.
All in all 15 coal mines are located in the towns of Gukovo, Zverevo, Shakhti, Dotetsk, Oktyabrsky Selsky, Tatsinsky, Belokalitvinsky and Krasnosulinsky districts of Rostov region. As the Public prosecutor's office found out only nine of them had had normal working conditions.
- Armenian rights defenders call on politicians to recognize Shant Arutyunyan as political prisoner
- HRC "Memorial" calls on head of Dagestan to intervene in the situation in Untsukul District
- Head of Committee "Mothers from Kuma River Area" detained in Stavropol Territory released
- Ex-Prime Minister Vano Merabishvili is sentenced to three years of imprisonment in case of Sandro Girgvliani's murder
- Leyla Yunus transferred to SIZO of Azerbaijani MNS
- Chechen law enforcers search for suspected accomplice of organizer of explosion on Grozny Day
- Prior to his disappearance in 2012, Khasan Zalikhanov, killed in Nalchik, was a policeman
- Residents of Vremenny complain to Ramazan Abdulatipov about law enforcers' actions
- ICRF: killed Aliskhanov was plotting attempt on policemen on eve of to terror act in Grozny
- MIA reports killing of organizer of terror act in Grozny