19 October 2010, 22:00
Russia's GPO puts Ahmed Zakaev on international wanted list again
As reported by Marina Gridneva, spokesperson of the General Prosecutor's Office (GPO) of Russia, Ahmed Zakaev, former head of the government of the self-proclaimed Chechen Republic of Ichkeria (CRI), was announced into international search again. The Yessentuki City Court, the Stavropol Territory, has arrested Zakaev in absentia.
According to Ms Gridneva, in 2001 Zakaev was already put on the international wanted list, but since then the number of charges against him has changed. "In this regard, and because of changes in the legislation, it is now necessary to repeat the procedure", the "Interfax" quotes her as saying.
"Being a member of an armed grouping, Zakaev committed crimes against person, state power, public safety and order of governance, aimed at violent change of the territorial integrity and the constitutional order of the Russian Federation," Ms Gridneva has reported.
- Court finds Nalchik resident guilty of involvement in IAF in Syria
- Militants killed in Dagestan were members of Kizilyurt criminal grouping
- Power agents report on killing three militants in Dagestan
- Russian GPO agrees to consider request to extradite Valery Permyakov to Armenia
- In KBR, local resident sentenced to 13 years of imprisonment on charge of involvement in IAF
- Gadjimurad Omarov accuses Deputy Minister of Dagestani government of involvement in attack on him
- Rights defender Talekh Khasmamedov detained in Azerbaijan
- Krasnodar court decides to consider Dzhemilev's case with a jury
- Omarov beaten up in Dagestan hospitalized in Moscow with broken collarbone and brain concussion
- Trial in case of Sheikh al-Chirkawi postponed because of involvement of new advocate