19 October 2010, 22:00
Russia's GPO puts Ahmed Zakaev on international wanted list again
As reported by Marina Gridneva, spokesperson of the General Prosecutor's Office (GPO) of Russia, Ahmed Zakaev, former head of the government of the self-proclaimed Chechen Republic of Ichkeria (CRI), was announced into international search again. The Yessentuki City Court, the Stavropol Territory, has arrested Zakaev in absentia.
According to Ms Gridneva, in 2001 Zakaev was already put on the international wanted list, but since then the number of charges against him has changed. "In this regard, and because of changes in the legislation, it is now necessary to repeat the procedure", the "Interfax" quotes her as saying.
"Being a member of an armed grouping, Zakaev committed crimes against person, state power, public safety and order of governance, aimed at violent change of the territorial integrity and the constitutional order of the Russian Federation," Ms Gridneva has reported.
- Baku policemen accept application about attack from rights defender Ismaylova
- Two suspected militants' helpers to stand trial in Dagestan
- Ingushetia returns two potential participants of war in Syria
- Court leaves native of Chechnya suspected of Dubrovka terror act in custody
- Stavropol Territory: police and Cossacks urge not to give national context to murder in Minvody
- Rights defender Ismaylova reports that Baku police refused to take her application about attack
- In Armenia, three persons are successors of Avetisyan family
- Azerbaijan: foreign doctors re-examine Leyla Yunus
- Azerbaijan: arrest of journalist Khadija Ismayilova extended until March 24
- KBR resident convicted of aiding militants