19 October 2010, 22:00
Russia's GPO puts Ahmed Zakaev on international wanted list again
As reported by Marina Gridneva, spokesperson of the General Prosecutor's Office (GPO) of Russia, Ahmed Zakaev, former head of the government of the self-proclaimed Chechen Republic of Ichkeria (CRI), was announced into international search again. The Yessentuki City Court, the Stavropol Territory, has arrested Zakaev in absentia.
According to Ms Gridneva, in 2001 Zakaev was already put on the international wanted list, but since then the number of charges against him has changed. "In this regard, and because of changes in the legislation, it is now necessary to repeat the procedure", the "Interfax" quotes her as saying.
"Being a member of an armed grouping, Zakaev committed crimes against person, state power, public safety and order of governance, aimed at violent change of the territorial integrity and the constitutional order of the Russian Federation," Ms Gridneva has reported.
- MIA of KChR: one of suspects of killing MP Kunizhev is ready to surrender
- Russia's MFA: placement of OSCE observers at two border checkpoints in Rostov Region agreed
- "Musavat" activist Kerimli was detained on suspicion of drug possession, Azerbaijani MIA asserts
- Doctors in Grozny decide not to drive the beaten girl out of coma
- Dagestani SC starts considering appeal against Zarema Bagavutdinova's verdict
- Body of missing resident of Dagestan found
- Convicted member of Tsapok's gang stops hunger strike, Prosecutor's Office of Krasnodar Territory reports
- Faraj Kerimli, activist of "Musavat" Party, detained in Azerbaijan
- Man killed in Novoselitskoe District of Stavropol Territory is Almaz Abdulnasyrov, says his wife
- Police detain believers in Makhachkala mosques, eyewitnesses report