19 October 2010, 22:00
Russia's GPO puts Ahmed Zakaev on international wanted list again
As reported by Marina Gridneva, spokesperson of the General Prosecutor's Office (GPO) of Russia, Ahmed Zakaev, former head of the government of the self-proclaimed Chechen Republic of Ichkeria (CRI), was announced into international search again. The Yessentuki City Court, the Stavropol Territory, has arrested Zakaev in absentia.
According to Ms Gridneva, in 2001 Zakaev was already put on the international wanted list, but since then the number of charges against him has changed. "In this regard, and because of changes in the legislation, it is now necessary to repeat the procedure", the "Interfax" quotes her as saying.
"Being a member of an armed grouping, Zakaev committed crimes against person, state power, public safety and order of governance, aimed at violent change of the territorial integrity and the constitutional order of the Russian Federation," Ms Gridneva has reported.
- Abramyan's detention in Stavropol IVS extended by five days
- Darya Polyudova's case returned for further investigation
- Dagestani native wanted in Turkey on suspicion of plotting terror act
- Police initiate investigation into case of beating Gadjimurad Omarov in Makhachkala
- Mikhail Abramyan's party colleagues report on his hunger strike at Stavropol IVS
- In Makhachkala, mosque employee arrested on suspicion of possessing ammunition
- Professor Savva has no intent to return to Russia
- Dagestani Akhmed Kamilov released from police
- CaT condemns non-admission of advocate to Zaur Dadaev
- OSCE representatives condemn sentencing of Rasul Jafarov in Baku