19 October 2010, 22:00
Russia's GPO puts Ahmed Zakaev on international wanted list again
As reported by Marina Gridneva, spokesperson of the General Prosecutor's Office (GPO) of Russia, Ahmed Zakaev, former head of the government of the self-proclaimed Chechen Republic of Ichkeria (CRI), was announced into international search again. The Yessentuki City Court, the Stavropol Territory, has arrested Zakaev in absentia.
According to Ms Gridneva, in 2001 Zakaev was already put on the international wanted list, but since then the number of charges against him has changed. "In this regard, and because of changes in the legislation, it is now necessary to repeat the procedure", the "Interfax" quotes her as saying.
"Being a member of an armed grouping, Zakaev committed crimes against person, state power, public safety and order of governance, aimed at violent change of the territorial integrity and the constitutional order of the Russian Federation," Ms Gridneva has reported.
- Zaur Tokhov, sentenced for attack on Nalchik, hospitalized
- Russian SC upholds verdict against Timur Tangiev
- In Dagestan, experts believe Ruslan Magomedragimov was killed
- Students of NCFU and DSU deny presence of IS recruiters in their universities
- Sergey Melikov: 1500 militants from NCFD join IS
- ECtHR finds Russian authorities guilty in case of Zhebrailov brothers kidnapped in Chechnya
- Defence of Timur Tangiev hopes for review of his sentence
- Two persons killed in armed incident in Khasavyurt
- Advocates of defendants in case of terror act in Pyatigorsk cannot examine case materials
- Court extends detention of Rashid Isaev