19 October 2010, 22:00
Russia's GPO puts Ahmed Zakaev on international wanted list again
As reported by Marina Gridneva, spokesperson of the General Prosecutor's Office (GPO) of Russia, Ahmed Zakaev, former head of the government of the self-proclaimed Chechen Republic of Ichkeria (CRI), was announced into international search again. The Yessentuki City Court, the Stavropol Territory, has arrested Zakaev in absentia.
According to Ms Gridneva, in 2001 Zakaev was already put on the international wanted list, but since then the number of charges against him has changed. "In this regard, and because of changes in the legislation, it is now necessary to repeat the procedure", the "Interfax" quotes her as saying.
"Being a member of an armed grouping, Zakaev committed crimes against person, state power, public safety and order of governance, aimed at violent change of the territorial integrity and the constitutional order of the Russian Federation," Ms Gridneva has reported.
- Kurban Kurbanov, head of Derbent District, detained in Dagestan
- Rally in Yerevan blames Armenian President for violating presumption of innocence
- Advocates of Intigam Aliev could not meet their client in SIZO
- Dagestan reopens investigation into Sapiyat Magomedova's beating
- NAC promises to open Gimry Tunnel on October 5
- Residents of Vremenny village claim law enforcers destroy household structures
- CTO regime lifted on border of Kazbek and Gumbet Districts of Dagestan
- Azerbaijan: six convicted "Nida" activists petition to president for their release
- AI calls on journalists to support commemoration of Anna Politkovskaya
- Krasnodar Court dismisses Mikhail Savva's appeals against his sentence