19 October 2010, 22:00
Russia's GPO puts Ahmed Zakaev on international wanted list again
As reported by Marina Gridneva, spokesperson of the General Prosecutor's Office (GPO) of Russia, Ahmed Zakaev, former head of the government of the self-proclaimed Chechen Republic of Ichkeria (CRI), was announced into international search again. The Yessentuki City Court, the Stavropol Territory, has arrested Zakaev in absentia.
According to Ms Gridneva, in 2001 Zakaev was already put on the international wanted list, but since then the number of charges against him has changed. "In this regard, and because of changes in the legislation, it is now necessary to repeat the procedure", the "Interfax" quotes her as saying.
"Being a member of an armed grouping, Zakaev committed crimes against person, state power, public safety and order of governance, aimed at violent change of the territorial integrity and the constitutional order of the Russian Federation," Ms Gridneva has reported.
- Resident of Volgograd Region found guilty of setting rigs on fire in Khopyor area
- Over 3000 Internet users sign in support of Stavropol rights defender Bogatenkova
- Court postpones hearing in case on massacre in Cherkessk in 2004
- Volgograd marks anniversary of terror act with memorial plaque and youth action
- In KBR, Chief Accountant of Federal Treasury is suspected of fraud
- Trial on death of Rajab Magomedov is protracted, says the advocate of suffered party
- Stavropol authorities: entertainment facilities in Minvody are to operate until 10:00 p.m.
- Armenian rights defenders call on politicians to recognize Shant Arutyunyan as political prisoner
- HRC "Memorial" calls on head of Dagestan to intervene in the situation in Untsukul District
- SBS of Ukraine announces attempt of saboteurs' penetration from Rostov Region