26 November 2010, 23:30
Krasnodar Territory: Cossacks from Anapa demolish fence in "Bolshoi Utrish"
On November 25, Cossacks from the city of Anapa smashed the fence erected by builders in the forest of the reserve "Bolshoi Utrish", the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent was informed by Andrei Rudomakha, coordinator of the "Ecological Watch in Northern Caucasus".
"The confrontation between the builders engaged in illegal work on the rented land in reserve 'Bolshoi Utrish' and Anapa Cossacks ended in a radical final," said the ecologist. "Seeing no militia, which was called early in the morning by the 'Ecological Watch in North Caucasus' by means of sending an official application to the UVD (Interior Division) of the resort city of Anapa about criminal actions, the Cossacks had to break the capital fence illegally erected by the land plot tenant."
According to Mr Rudomakha, "what the builders did in the 69th sector of the Anapa District Forestry, is construction of an unauthorized structure; and under the law, unauthorized structures should be demolished."
According to his story, on October 25 in the morning Cossacks blocked continuation of illegal works; however, the workers did not leave hoping to continue, when Cossacks leave. The militia, according to the ecologist, refused to come.
Since the militia, according to the activist of the "Ecological Watch", in fact, stepped aside from the problem, Cossacks, "while fulfilling their constitutional duty to protect the nature", had to solve the problem in "somewhat radical way."
So far, the "Caucasian Knot" has no comments of the militia, builders and the tenant of the land plot as to the Cossacks' actions.
Author: Natalia Dorokhina; Source: CK correspondent
- Brothers of Pakhrudin Magomedov who disappeared in Makhachkala were killed by law enforcers, their uncle asserts
- In Volgograd, rally against liquidation of "Khimprom" gathered 800 people
- In Stavropol, doctors operate on student detained on suspicion of aiding terrorism
- In Dagestan, one of Amirs of Aukh militants swears to leader of "Islamic State"
- Russian SC upholds verdict to Orkhan Zeinalov for murdering Muscovite Yegor Scherbakov
- Georgia's GPO accuses Saakashvili under "Girgvliani's case"
- ECtHR obliges Russia to pay Said Amirov 15,000 euros for his detention
- Ingush police refuse to announce versions on GIBDD inspector's murder because of secrecy of investigation
- In Moscow, advocates of Chechen natives accused of attacking policeman report on their clients' alibi
- ECtHR begins communicating with Azerbaijan on two complaints about torture and violations of right to liberty