26 November 2010, 23:30
Krasnodar Territory: Cossacks from Anapa demolish fence in "Bolshoi Utrish"
On November 25, Cossacks from the city of Anapa smashed the fence erected by builders in the forest of the reserve "Bolshoi Utrish", the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent was informed by Andrei Rudomakha, coordinator of the "Ecological Watch in Northern Caucasus".
"The confrontation between the builders engaged in illegal work on the rented land in reserve 'Bolshoi Utrish' and Anapa Cossacks ended in a radical final," said the ecologist. "Seeing no militia, which was called early in the morning by the 'Ecological Watch in North Caucasus' by means of sending an official application to the UVD (Interior Division) of the resort city of Anapa about criminal actions, the Cossacks had to break the capital fence illegally erected by the land plot tenant."
According to Mr Rudomakha, "what the builders did in the 69th sector of the Anapa District Forestry, is construction of an unauthorized structure; and under the law, unauthorized structures should be demolished."
According to his story, on October 25 in the morning Cossacks blocked continuation of illegal works; however, the workers did not leave hoping to continue, when Cossacks leave. The militia, according to the ecologist, refused to come.
Since the militia, according to the activist of the "Ecological Watch", in fact, stepped aside from the problem, Cossacks, "while fulfilling their constitutional duty to protect the nature", had to solve the problem in "somewhat radical way."
So far, the "Caucasian Knot" has no comments of the militia, builders and the tenant of the land plot as to the Cossacks' actions.
Author: Natalia Dorokhina; Source: CK correspondent
- "Caucasian Knot" sums up armed conflict outcomes in NCFD in 2014
- Prosecutor's Office of Azerbaijan blames NKR for breaking laws of war
- Resident of Ingushetia Magomed Aushev released under recognizance not to leave
- Gannushkina associates check of "Civil Assistance" with her criticism of Prosecutor's Office Law
- Participants of motor rally against caricatures on Prophet Muhammad arrive in Simferopol from Dagestan
- Armenian opposition demands parliamentary hearings on murder in Gyumri
- Lawyers challenge arrest extension of three natives of Chechnya accused of attempting on MfE employees
- KBR resident sentenced to 3.5 years in colony for helping militants
- In Yerevan, entrepreneurs threaten Armenian authorities with sit-in strike
- Lawyers send complaint of Azerbaijanis convicted in NKR to ECtHR