26 November 2010, 23:30
Krasnodar Territory: Cossacks from Anapa demolish fence in "Bolshoi Utrish"
On November 25, Cossacks from the city of Anapa smashed the fence erected by builders in the forest of the reserve "Bolshoi Utrish", the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent was informed by Andrei Rudomakha, coordinator of the "Ecological Watch in Northern Caucasus".
"The confrontation between the builders engaged in illegal work on the rented land in reserve 'Bolshoi Utrish' and Anapa Cossacks ended in a radical final," said the ecologist. "Seeing no militia, which was called early in the morning by the 'Ecological Watch in North Caucasus' by means of sending an official application to the UVD (Interior Division) of the resort city of Anapa about criminal actions, the Cossacks had to break the capital fence illegally erected by the land plot tenant."
According to Mr Rudomakha, "what the builders did in the 69th sector of the Anapa District Forestry, is construction of an unauthorized structure; and under the law, unauthorized structures should be demolished."
According to his story, on October 25 in the morning Cossacks blocked continuation of illegal works; however, the workers did not leave hoping to continue, when Cossacks leave. The militia, according to the ecologist, refused to come.
Since the militia, according to the activist of the "Ecological Watch", in fact, stepped aside from the problem, Cossacks, "while fulfilling their constitutional duty to protect the nature", had to solve the problem in "somewhat radical way."
So far, the "Caucasian Knot" has no comments of the militia, builders and the tenant of the land plot as to the Cossacks' actions.
Author: Natalia Dorokhina; Source: CK correspondent
- Rauf Mirkadirov's family granted political asylum in Switzerland
- Kislovodsk prosecutor's office cancels rejection to open criminal case on threats to Baichorov
- Turkic conference in Grozny presents educational projects for students and Lyceum pupils
- Tsarnaev's classmate confesses of keeping firearms and drugs
- Chechen residents report demolition of militant's family house in Gudermes District
- Acts of violence against journalists in Armenia remain unpunished, rights defenders assert
- Court in Baku rejects complaint of rights defender Rasul Jafarov who claimed to change his custody
- Defence of Chechen native convicted in Pugachov intends to appeal against the verdict
- Armenian court takes to consideration appeals in the case of participants of "Million Mask March"
- Dadaev's advocate asks CoA to acquit his client