26 November 2010, 23:30
Krasnodar Territory: Cossacks from Anapa demolish fence in "Bolshoi Utrish"
On November 25, Cossacks from the city of Anapa smashed the fence erected by builders in the forest of the reserve "Bolshoi Utrish", the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent was informed by Andrei Rudomakha, coordinator of the "Ecological Watch in Northern Caucasus".
"The confrontation between the builders engaged in illegal work on the rented land in reserve 'Bolshoi Utrish' and Anapa Cossacks ended in a radical final," said the ecologist. "Seeing no militia, which was called early in the morning by the 'Ecological Watch in North Caucasus' by means of sending an official application to the UVD (Interior Division) of the resort city of Anapa about criminal actions, the Cossacks had to break the capital fence illegally erected by the land plot tenant."
According to Mr Rudomakha, "what the builders did in the 69th sector of the Anapa District Forestry, is construction of an unauthorized structure; and under the law, unauthorized structures should be demolished."
According to his story, on October 25 in the morning Cossacks blocked continuation of illegal works; however, the workers did not leave hoping to continue, when Cossacks leave. The militia, according to the ecologist, refused to come.
Since the militia, according to the activist of the "Ecological Watch", in fact, stepped aside from the problem, Cossacks, "while fulfilling their constitutional duty to protect the nature", had to solve the problem in "somewhat radical way."
So far, the "Caucasian Knot" has no comments of the militia, builders and the tenant of the land plot as to the Cossacks' actions.
Author: Natalia Dorokhina; Source: CK correspondent
- Residents of Dagestani Vremenny settlement complain to Children's Ombudsman about lack of warm clothes
- EP calls on Russia's MoJ to withdraw its claim on dissolution of "Memorial"
- Azerbaijan saves oilers who fell into sea during accident at oil-extraction platform
- After meeting with Nils Muižnieks, Azerbaijani activists hope for his help in addressing human rights problems
- Russia's SC postpones consideration of appeal on "Domodedovo" Airport terror act
- Advocate of head of Committee "Mothers from Kuma River Area" appeals against arrest of rights defender
- Laureates of Rafto Award demand from Azerbaijani authorities to drop charges against Ilgar Nasibov
- "Levada Centre": situation in Ukraine affects Russians' opinion about Dubrovka terror act in Moscow
- Dagestan: hunger-striking students threaten to quit university if their demands are not met till end of week
- Chechnya opens large sports-and-tourist complex named "Kezenoi Am"