03 December 2011, 16:00
Anaklia to erect monument to victims of Circassians' genocide
The Georgian tourist area Anaklia will install the monument to victims of the genocide of the Circassian nation, made by Khusen Kochesokov, a sculptor from Kabardino-Balkaria. His project was selected through an international contest.
The international contest announced by the office of the Georgian State Minister for Diaspora Affairs attracted 29 participants – professional sculptors, architects, artists and non-professional creators. Of them, 17 persons were citizens of Georgia, three represented Jordan and three were from Turkey. Other participants were from Adygea, Germany, Kabardino-Balkaria and the United States.
The winner of the contest Khusen Kochesokov received a prize of 10,000 US dollars, the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent was told at the press service of Shoren Kervalidze, Georgian State Minister for Diaspora Affairs.
The second place was awarded to the work of Ali Makhar, a contester from Jordan, who received 3000 US dollars; the third place – to the Georgian sculptor Guram Nikoladze, who received a prize of 1000 US dollars.
Author: Inna Kukudzhanova; Source: CK correspondent
- Resident of Chechnya sentenced to 5 years of imprisonment for taking part in war in Syria
- Geidar Djemal: Magomed Suleimanov is new leader of "Imarat Kavkaz"
- Protest in Yerevan ends with ultimatum to authorities
- Feminists condemn propagandistic coverage by media of Guchigov's marriage
- ICRF states three militants killed in Dagestan
- Experts predict departure of Abu Khalid's supporters to Middle East
- Experts link Abu Khalid's oath to IS with growth of protest in Islamic Ummah
- Four natives of Northern Caucasus wounded in shootout in Moscow
- In Rostov Region, 140 km of engineer barriers built on border with Ukraine
- In Darya Polyudova's case, investigators appoint new examination of her posts on Internet