03 December 2011, 16:00
Anaklia to erect monument to victims of Circassians' genocide
The Georgian tourist area Anaklia will install the monument to victims of the genocide of the Circassian nation, made by Khusen Kochesokov, a sculptor from Kabardino-Balkaria. His project was selected through an international contest.
The international contest announced by the office of the Georgian State Minister for Diaspora Affairs attracted 29 participants – professional sculptors, architects, artists and non-professional creators. Of them, 17 persons were citizens of Georgia, three represented Jordan and three were from Turkey. Other participants were from Adygea, Germany, Kabardino-Balkaria and the United States.
The winner of the contest Khusen Kochesokov received a prize of 10,000 US dollars, the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent was told at the press service of Shoren Kervalidze, Georgian State Minister for Diaspora Affairs.
The second place was awarded to the work of Ali Makhar, a contester from Jordan, who received 3000 US dollars; the third place – to the Georgian sculptor Guram Nikoladze, who received a prize of 1000 US dollars.
Author: Inna Kukudzhanova; Source: CK correspondent
- Gannushkina associates check of "Civil Assistance" with her criticism of Prosecutor's Office Law
- Armenian opposition demands parliamentary hearings on murder in Gyumri
- Lawyers challenge arrest extension of three natives of Chechnya accused of attempting on MfE employees
- KBR resident sentenced to 3.5 years in colony for helping militants
- In Yerevan, entrepreneurs threaten Armenian authorities with sit-in strike
- Lawyers send complaint of Azerbaijanis convicted in NKR to ECtHR
- Azerbaijani MIA starts investigating attack on rights defender Gyunay Ismaylova
- Azerbaijani rights defenders express concern about Abdula Abilov's health
- Advocates of Azerbaijani citizens, convicted in NKR complain against verdict
- Court in Azerbaijan sentences journalist Seymour Ghazi to five years in prison