03 December 2011, 16:00
Anaklia to erect monument to victims of Circassians' genocide
The Georgian tourist area Anaklia will install the monument to victims of the genocide of the Circassian nation, made by Khusen Kochesokov, a sculptor from Kabardino-Balkaria. His project was selected through an international contest.
The international contest announced by the office of the Georgian State Minister for Diaspora Affairs attracted 29 participants – professional sculptors, architects, artists and non-professional creators. Of them, 17 persons were citizens of Georgia, three represented Jordan and three were from Turkey. Other participants were from Adygea, Germany, Kabardino-Balkaria and the United States.
The winner of the contest Khusen Kochesokov received a prize of 10,000 US dollars, the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent was told at the press service of Shoren Kervalidze, Georgian State Minister for Diaspora Affairs.
The second place was awarded to the work of Ali Makhar, a contester from Jordan, who received 3000 US dollars; the third place – to the Georgian sculptor Guram Nikoladze, who received a prize of 1000 US dollars.
Author: Inna Kukudzhanova; Source: CK correspondent
- Prosecutor's Office of Azerbaijan bans Namazov's leaving the country
- Dudieva: on October 14, ECtHR to start considering complaint of Beslan victims
- During week of August 25-31, 2014, 3 persons fell victim to armed conflict in Northern Caucasus
- Moscow opens art project about Beslan victims
- Beslan marks tenth anniversary of terror act
- Residents of Chechnya express their concern over growth of prices for meat and dairy products
- NAC: militants' summer camps found in vicinity of two Ingush villages
- Azerbaijan freezes bank accounts of Centre for Economic Research and its leader
- In Sochi, Lavrikov family challenge court decision to move them to "Olympic" housing
- Governor of Rostov Region announces closure of refugee centres