03 December 2011, 16:00
Anaklia to erect monument to victims of Circassians' genocide
The Georgian tourist area Anaklia will install the monument to victims of the genocide of the Circassian nation, made by Khusen Kochesokov, a sculptor from Kabardino-Balkaria. His project was selected through an international contest.
The international contest announced by the office of the Georgian State Minister for Diaspora Affairs attracted 29 participants – professional sculptors, architects, artists and non-professional creators. Of them, 17 persons were citizens of Georgia, three represented Jordan and three were from Turkey. Other participants were from Adygea, Germany, Kabardino-Balkaria and the United States.
The winner of the contest Khusen Kochesokov received a prize of 10,000 US dollars, the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent was told at the press service of Shoren Kervalidze, Georgian State Minister for Diaspora Affairs.
The second place was awarded to the work of Ali Makhar, a contester from Jordan, who received 3000 US dollars; the third place – to the Georgian sculptor Guram Nikoladze, who received a prize of 1000 US dollars.
Author: Inna Kukudzhanova; Source: CK correspondentArticle source
- Stavropol Territory: former investigator sentenced to one year of freedom deprivation for arbitrariness
- Refugees living in "Promzhilbaza" find it difficult to rent housing for money allocated by authorities
- MCC finds Orkhan Zeinalov guilty of Yegor Scherbakov's murder in Biryulyovo
- During week of July 21-27, 2014, 6 persons fell victim to armed conflict in Northern Caucasus
- MfE: Rostov Region accommodates more than 40,000 Ukrainian refugees
- On eve of Eid al-Fitr, Chechnya enhances security measures
- Chechen woman suspected of financing members of Gakaev brothers' IAF
- Anaklia hosts rally in support of "KaZantip" Festival
- Georgia protests against "KaZantip" Festival
- Azerbaijan: Faraj Kerimli, arrested activist of "Musavat" Party, stated his innocence