07 January 2012, 17:00
Three killed and four wounded in skirmish in Nalchik
Seven persons have fallen victim to a shooting in Nalchik. Two policemen and Alim Chechenov, who attacked them, were killed; three other employees of the road-and-post service (known as DPS) were wounded, as well as one civilian, the MIA of Kabardino-Balkaria reports.
According to the police, Alim Chechenov grasped a submachine gun from a DPS inspector and opened fire at the policemen; he was killed by the return fire.
Later, two policemen – Lieutenant Khusen Mamishev, 31, a dog specialist from Nalchik UVD, and Senior Ensign Khasan Shkhagapsoev, 35, a DPS inspector, – died in hospital from their injuries.
Three other law enforcers and one civilian were wounded and taken to the nearest hospital, says the official website of the MIA of Kabardino-Balkaria.
The position of Alim Chechenov's relatives on the incident is not yet known.
- Head of Novokubansk District offered to resign
- Former special forces officer appointed new chief of North-Caucasian VOGOiP
- Grozny residents report on interruptions in electricity and water supply
- Sergey Krivenko, HRC member, speaks at Bogatenkova's trial
- Advocate of Avetisyans' successors state need to combine both Permyakov's cases
- Relatives of missing Zamir Pashaev ask rights defenders to help in finding him
- Dagestan: Nuridin Magomedov was thought to be militants' helper
- Petition on court disqualification in Amirov's case rejected
- Advocate of Dadaev's family files complaint against investigator's actions
- Russia's SC softens verdict to resident of Astrakhan Region for recruiting militants