07 January 2012, 17:00
Three killed and four wounded in skirmish in Nalchik
Seven persons have fallen victim to a shooting in Nalchik. Two policemen and Alim Chechenov, who attacked them, were killed; three other employees of the road-and-post service (known as DPS) were wounded, as well as one civilian, the MIA of Kabardino-Balkaria reports.
According to the police, Alim Chechenov grasped a submachine gun from a DPS inspector and opened fire at the policemen; he was killed by the return fire.
Later, two policemen – Lieutenant Khusen Mamishev, 31, a dog specialist from Nalchik UVD, and Senior Ensign Khasan Shkhagapsoev, 35, a DPS inspector, – died in hospital from their injuries.
Three other law enforcers and one civilian were wounded and taken to the nearest hospital, says the official website of the MIA of Kabardino-Balkaria.
The position of Alim Chechenov's relatives on the incident is not yet known.
- Defence of convicts for terror act in Domodedovo Airport demand to revise the sentence
- Mirzamagomedov convicted in Dagestan was sent out from Chelyabinsk with burns, rights defenders assert
- Yerevan hosts memorial service for crew members of downed helicopter
- GIBDD employee shot dead in Ingushetia
- Georgia demands to convene UN Security Council because of Russian-Abkhaz treaty
- Three women from Makhachkala hold hunger strike demanding Abdulatipov's resignation
- In Nalchik, defendant accused of involvement in Syrian war states he was victim of circumstances
- On November 17-23, eight persons fell victim to armed conflict in Northern Caucasus
- Vremenny residents call on public community to take part in evaluation of their losses
- Nariman Mirzamagomedov transferred from Dagestan is hospitalized after being beaten