07 January 2012, 17:00
Three killed and four wounded in skirmish in Nalchik
Seven persons have fallen victim to a shooting in Nalchik. Two policemen and Alim Chechenov, who attacked them, were killed; three other employees of the road-and-post service (known as DPS) were wounded, as well as one civilian, the MIA of Kabardino-Balkaria reports.
According to the police, Alim Chechenov grasped a submachine gun from a DPS inspector and opened fire at the policemen; he was killed by the return fire.
Later, two policemen – Lieutenant Khusen Mamishev, 31, a dog specialist from Nalchik UVD, and Senior Ensign Khasan Shkhagapsoev, 35, a DPS inspector, – died in hospital from their injuries.
Three other law enforcers and one civilian were wounded and taken to the nearest hospital, says the official website of the MIA of Kabardino-Balkaria.
The position of Alim Chechenov's relatives on the incident is not yet known.
- Zaur Dadaev's defence challenges extension of his arrest
- Builder Mardiros Demerchyan accused of stealing cable at Olympic construction site
- Myth of Ramzan Kadyrov's total control over Chechnya dispelled
- In Lyudmila Bogatenkova's case, court summons two policemen for questioning
- "Kommersant": ICRF to inspect Chechen Investigating Department
- MIA starts checking allegations about torturing Cherkessk resident
- Stavropol power agents broke Kadyrov's monopoly to use violence in Chechnya
- CTO regime cancelled in North Ossetia
- Law enforcers find workshop for IEDs during special operation in Dagestan
- "Interfax": Ruslan Geremeev involved in case of Boris Nemtsov's murder as suspect