07 January 2012, 17:00
Three killed and four wounded in skirmish in Nalchik
Seven persons have fallen victim to a shooting in Nalchik. Two policemen and Alim Chechenov, who attacked them, were killed; three other employees of the road-and-post service (known as DPS) were wounded, as well as one civilian, the MIA of Kabardino-Balkaria reports.
According to the police, Alim Chechenov grasped a submachine gun from a DPS inspector and opened fire at the policemen; he was killed by the return fire.
Later, two policemen – Lieutenant Khusen Mamishev, 31, a dog specialist from Nalchik UVD, and Senior Ensign Khasan Shkhagapsoev, 35, a DPS inspector, – died in hospital from their injuries.
Three other law enforcers and one civilian were wounded and taken to the nearest hospital, says the official website of the MIA of Kabardino-Balkaria.
The position of Alim Chechenov's relatives on the incident is not yet known.
- Infographics. Statistics of victims in Northern Caucasus in July 2014 under the data of the Caucasian Knot
- In Dagestan, "Yabloko" regional leader refuses to complain about law enforcers' action during his detention
- Sovietskiy District of Makhachkala put under CTO regime
- AI recognizes Kerimli brothers arrested in Azerbaijan prisoners of conscience
- Court leaves PFPA activist Ruslan Nasirli in custody
- In Dagestan, armed men in masks kill Ashilta resident
- "The Nobel Women's Initiative" calls on Azerbaijani authorities to release Yunus spouses
- Advocate: three Buynaksk residents beaten at checkpoint by policemen in Dagestan
- Sochi Court finds Oksana Toropova guilty of beating court marshal
- Rasul Gamzatov is the fourth Islamic figure killed in Northern Caucasus in 2014