07 January 2012, 17:00
Three killed and four wounded in skirmish in Nalchik
Seven persons have fallen victim to a shooting in Nalchik. Two policemen and Alim Chechenov, who attacked them, were killed; three other employees of the road-and-post service (known as DPS) were wounded, as well as one civilian, the MIA of Kabardino-Balkaria reports.
According to the police, Alim Chechenov grasped a submachine gun from a DPS inspector and opened fire at the policemen; he was killed by the return fire.
Later, two policemen – Lieutenant Khusen Mamishev, 31, a dog specialist from Nalchik UVD, and Senior Ensign Khasan Shkhagapsoev, 35, a DPS inspector, – died in hospital from their injuries.
Three other law enforcers and one civilian were wounded and taken to the nearest hospital, says the official website of the MIA of Kabardino-Balkaria.
The position of Alim Chechenov's relatives on the incident is not yet known.
- Levon Airapetyan's friend reports on deterioration of businessman's health at Moscow SIZO
- MfE: Rostov Region accommodates more than 40,000 Ukrainian refugees
- Chechen woman suspected of financing members of Gakaev brothers' IAF
- FSB: about 40 Ukrainian border guards get to Russia across Rostov section of Russian-Ukrainian border
- Chechen authorities impose sanctions on five US and EU officials
- In Dagestan, Abdulkadyrov's advocate cannot locate him
- Adzinov: 287 Ukrainian refugees have applied for temporary shelter in Volgograd Region
- Azerbaijan: teen hospitalized from Karabakh conflict zone with gunshot wound
- Heads of Chechnya and Krasnodar Territory are on EU's sanctions list
- Law enforcers of Ukraine and Russia exchange accusations of shelling pre-border areas