04 May 2012, 23:00
Trial on cancellation of election of Astrakhan Mayor listens to 16 witnesses
The court session in Astrakhan on the lawsuit initiated by Oleg Shein, an ex-candidate for the Mayor of the city and organizer of a hunger strike for cancellation of the election outcome, has interrogated 16 witnesses of the claimant.
Prior to filing a lawsuit, Oleg Shein's team had stated that they expected confirmation of violations from at least 120 out of 202 polling stations.
The court still has to listen to 19 more witnesses from the Kirov District. Besides, 45 witnesses have been applied by the defendant – the City Election Commission (CEC).
Mr Shein said that he was satisfied with the dynamics of the court hearings, where the lawsuit is considered by the Kirov District Court of the city of Astrakhan. "I think that at this rate of the court's work, by the end of the next week we can start watching videos from polling stations, the "Interfax" quotes Oleg Shein as saying.
- Georgia's GPO accuses Mikhail Saakashvili of excess of power
- Stavropol Territory: former investigator sentenced to one year of freedom deprivation for arbitrariness
- Refugees living in "Promzhilbaza" find it difficult to rent housing for money allocated by authorities
- MCC finds Orkhan Zeinalov guilty of Yegor Scherbakov's murder in Biryulyovo
- Needy people of Vladikavkaz receive 400 food parcels for the end of Ramadan
- During week of July 21-27, 2014, 6 persons fell victim to armed conflict in Northern Caucasus
- MfE: Rostov Region accommodates more than 40,000 Ukrainian refugees
- On eve of Eid al-Fitr, Chechnya enhances security measures
- Chechen woman suspected of financing members of Gakaev brothers' IAF
- Anaklia hosts rally in support of "KaZantip" Festival