29 May 2012, 19:00
Picketer Irina Brovkina went on a hunger strike in the investigative isolation ward of Sochi
Irina Brovkina, organizer of a series of pickets with the demand of Mayor Anatoly Pakhomov's discharge, arrested for three days on May, 29, went on a hunger strike in the investigative isolation ward as a sign of protest against violation of her rights. Her attorney is going to file an appeal against the judge' s actions.
It should be reminded that in the evening the magistrate's court passed a judgment of the woman's arrest for insubordination to legal demands of the police. Besides, Brovkina was fined for holding an unauthorized meeting.
"Irina Brovkina arrested for three days upon the judgment of Alexander Mandrykin, magistrate of magistracy No 100 of the Central district of Sochi, went on a hunger in the investigative isolation ward as a sign of protest against the arbitrary penalty she was sentenced to", Irina Brovkina's attorney Igor Kurochkin said to the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.
This morning he visited his client in the investigative isolation ward and talked to her.
According to the lawyer, while bringing the judgment the magistrate committed several violations of the law: the verdict of arrest was passed off time, after 22 o'clock, without the presence of the attorney and witnesses as well as without studying the evidence on the charge brought against Brovkina.
Author: Svetlana Kravchenko; Source: CK correspondent
- ECtHR holds hearings on denial of Armenian Genocide
- Baku policemen accept application about attack from rights defender Ismaylova
- Two suspected militants' helpers to stand trial in Dagestan
- Ingushetia returns two potential participants of war in Syria
- Court leaves native of Chechnya suspected of Dubrovka terror act in custody
- Stavropol Territory: police and Cossacks urge not to give national context to murder in Minvody
- Russia's SC refuses to MoJ to liquidate "Memorial"
- Rights defender Ismaylova reports that Baku police refused to take her application about attack
- Court postpones consideration of complaint of HRC "Memorial" till February 12*
- In Armenia, three persons are successors of Avetisyan family