29 May 2012, 19:00
Picketer Irina Brovkina went on a hunger strike in the investigative isolation ward of Sochi
Irina Brovkina, organizer of a series of pickets with the demand of Mayor Anatoly Pakhomov's discharge, arrested for three days on May, 29, went on a hunger strike in the investigative isolation ward as a sign of protest against violation of her rights. Her attorney is going to file an appeal against the judge' s actions.
It should be reminded that in the evening the magistrate's court passed a judgment of the woman's arrest for insubordination to legal demands of the police. Besides, Brovkina was fined for holding an unauthorized meeting.
"Irina Brovkina arrested for three days upon the judgment of Alexander Mandrykin, magistrate of magistracy No 100 of the Central district of Sochi, went on a hunger in the investigative isolation ward as a sign of protest against the arbitrary penalty she was sentenced to", Irina Brovkina's attorney Igor Kurochkin said to the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.
This morning he visited his client in the investigative isolation ward and talked to her.
According to the lawyer, while bringing the judgment the magistrate committed several violations of the law: the verdict of arrest was passed off time, after 22 o'clock, without the presence of the attorney and witnesses as well as without studying the evidence on the charge brought against Brovkina.
Author: Svetlana Kravchenko; Source: CK correspondent
- Law enforcers suspect prosecutor Magomed Shapiev of opening fire on policeman in Dagestan, source reports
- Prosecutor's demand to sentence Shagen Arutyunyan to 5 years in prison is possible with society's silence, teenager's mother claims
- Experts see no sense in banning religious clothing in Pirogov University in Moscow
- NGO calls on to apply tougher article to incident in Kobuleti medrese
- Initiative group to support Shant Arutyunyan's minor son appears in Armenia
- Leyla Yunus' advocate reports on her health problems
- Azerbaijani court leaves Intigam Aliev behind bars
- Kizilyurt resident reports on kidnapping of her son
- Residents of Dagestan report on mass detentions of mosque-goers in Makhachkala and Derbent
- MCC rejects HRC's motion against District Court's refusal to consider complaint about registration as foreign agent