29 May 2012, 19:00
Picketer Irina Brovkina went on a hunger strike in the investigative isolation ward of Sochi
Irina Brovkina, organizer of a series of pickets with the demand of Mayor Anatoly Pakhomov's discharge, arrested for three days on May, 29, went on a hunger strike in the investigative isolation ward as a sign of protest against violation of her rights. Her attorney is going to file an appeal against the judge' s actions.
It should be reminded that in the evening the magistrate's court passed a judgment of the woman's arrest for insubordination to legal demands of the police. Besides, Brovkina was fined for holding an unauthorized meeting.
"Irina Brovkina arrested for three days upon the judgment of Alexander Mandrykin, magistrate of magistracy No 100 of the Central district of Sochi, went on a hunger in the investigative isolation ward as a sign of protest against the arbitrary penalty she was sentenced to", Irina Brovkina's attorney Igor Kurochkin said to the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.
This morning he visited his client in the investigative isolation ward and talked to her.
According to the lawyer, while bringing the judgment the magistrate committed several violations of the law: the verdict of arrest was passed off time, after 22 o'clock, without the presence of the attorney and witnesses as well as without studying the evidence on the charge brought against Brovkina.
Author: Svetlana Kravchenko; Source: CK correspondentArticle source
- Rostov regional authorities decide to move refugees' TAC farther from Ukrainian border
- Krasnodar ecologist Evgeny Vitishko reprimanded in colony, activists report
- Chechen authorities afford three days to celebrate 'Id al-Fitr (Uraza Bayram)
- Advocate: Batyr Pukhaev, hunger-striking in Tskhinvali IVS, rejects hospitalization
- Dagestani power agents spread false version of Asoltan Amaev's death, relatives assert
- MIA of KChR: one of suspects of killing MP Kunizhev is ready to surrender
- Russia's MFA: placement of OSCE observers at two border checkpoints in Rostov Region agreed
- Two wounded Ukrainian servicemen hospitalized today in Rostov Region
- Azerbaijani Centre to Resist Repressions calls to boycott European Games-2015 in Baku
- "Musavat" activist Kerimli was detained on suspicion of drug possession, Azerbaijani MIA asserts