29 May 2012, 19:00
Picketer Irina Brovkina went on a hunger strike in the investigative isolation ward of Sochi
Irina Brovkina, organizer of a series of pickets with the demand of Mayor Anatoly Pakhomov's discharge, arrested for three days on May, 29, went on a hunger strike in the investigative isolation ward as a sign of protest against violation of her rights. Her attorney is going to file an appeal against the judge' s actions.
It should be reminded that in the evening the magistrate's court passed a judgment of the woman's arrest for insubordination to legal demands of the police. Besides, Brovkina was fined for holding an unauthorized meeting.
"Irina Brovkina arrested for three days upon the judgment of Alexander Mandrykin, magistrate of magistracy No 100 of the Central district of Sochi, went on a hunger in the investigative isolation ward as a sign of protest against the arbitrary penalty she was sentenced to", Irina Brovkina's attorney Igor Kurochkin said to the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.
This morning he visited his client in the investigative isolation ward and talked to her.
According to the lawyer, while bringing the judgment the magistrate committed several violations of the law: the verdict of arrest was passed off time, after 22 o'clock, without the presence of the attorney and witnesses as well as without studying the evidence on the charge brought against Brovkina.
Author: Svetlana Kravchenko; Source: CK correspondentArticle source
- MCC finds Orkhan Zeinalov guilty of Yegor Scherbakov's murder in Biryulyovo
- During week of July 21-27, 2014, 6 persons fell victim to armed conflict in Northern Caucasus
- MfE: Rostov Region accommodates more than 40,000 Ukrainian refugees
- On eve of Eid al-Fitr, Chechnya enhances security measures
- Chechen woman suspected of financing members of Gakaev brothers' IAF
- Anaklia hosts rally in support of "KaZantip" Festival
- FSB: about 40 Ukrainian border guards get to Russia across Rostov section of Russian-Ukrainian border
- Georgia protests against "KaZantip" Festival
- Azerbaijan: Faraj Kerimli, arrested activist of "Musavat" Party, stated his innocence
- Chechen authorities impose sanctions on five US and EU officials