29 May 2012, 19:00
Picketer Irina Brovkina went on a hunger strike in the investigative isolation ward of Sochi
Irina Brovkina, organizer of a series of pickets with the demand of Mayor Anatoly Pakhomov's discharge, arrested for three days on May, 29, went on a hunger strike in the investigative isolation ward as a sign of protest against violation of her rights. Her attorney is going to file an appeal against the judge' s actions.
It should be reminded that in the evening the magistrate's court passed a judgment of the woman's arrest for insubordination to legal demands of the police. Besides, Brovkina was fined for holding an unauthorized meeting.
"Irina Brovkina arrested for three days upon the judgment of Alexander Mandrykin, magistrate of magistracy No 100 of the Central district of Sochi, went on a hunger in the investigative isolation ward as a sign of protest against the arbitrary penalty she was sentenced to", Irina Brovkina's attorney Igor Kurochkin said to the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.
This morning he visited his client in the investigative isolation ward and talked to her.
According to the lawyer, while bringing the judgment the magistrate committed several violations of the law: the verdict of arrest was passed off time, after 22 o'clock, without the presence of the attorney and witnesses as well as without studying the evidence on the charge brought against Brovkina.
Author: Svetlana Kravchenko; Source: CK correspondent
- Mother of many children from Volgograd detained in Moscow during a solo picket
- Five mosque-goers detained in Makhachkala, eyewitnesses report
- In Chechnya Ruslan Kutaev has his imprisonment reduced by two months
- Rostov journalist Alexander Tolmachov appealed against his conviction
- Volgograd: at trial on terror acts Dadaev again refuses to plead guilty
- PFPA activist Mukhammed Mirzali arrested in Azerbaijan
- ECtHR asks Russia to clarify the case of inmate of Stavropol penal colony
- Volgograd mothers of large families see no reaction to their pickets in Moscow
- Ingushetia cancels celebration events for jubilee of its first President Ruslan Aushev
- In Moscow, Pirogov Medical University to introduce medical uniform instead of ban on religious clothes