29 May 2012, 19:00
Picketer Irina Brovkina went on a hunger strike in the investigative isolation ward of Sochi
Irina Brovkina, organizer of a series of pickets with the demand of Mayor Anatoly Pakhomov's discharge, arrested for three days on May, 29, went on a hunger strike in the investigative isolation ward as a sign of protest against violation of her rights. Her attorney is going to file an appeal against the judge' s actions.
It should be reminded that in the evening the magistrate's court passed a judgment of the woman's arrest for insubordination to legal demands of the police. Besides, Brovkina was fined for holding an unauthorized meeting.
"Irina Brovkina arrested for three days upon the judgment of Alexander Mandrykin, magistrate of magistracy No 100 of the Central district of Sochi, went on a hunger in the investigative isolation ward as a sign of protest against the arbitrary penalty she was sentenced to", Irina Brovkina's attorney Igor Kurochkin said to the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.
This morning he visited his client in the investigative isolation ward and talked to her.
According to the lawyer, while bringing the judgment the magistrate committed several violations of the law: the verdict of arrest was passed off time, after 22 o'clock, without the presence of the attorney and witnesses as well as without studying the evidence on the charge brought against Brovkina.
Author: Svetlana Kravchenko; Source: CK correspondent
- Experts treat detentions of young men with beards in Chechnya as sign of totalitarianism
- "Imarat Kavkaz" is rapidly losing its influence in Dagestan
- Journalist Elchin Mamed released after questioning in Azerbaijan
- Askandarov's advocate again fails to see him
- Film "The Family" outrages Chechen TV Companies
- Deni Mirzoev arrested in courtroom
- Journalist Elchin Mamed detained in Azerbaijan
- Investigators appoint new examinations in Boris Nemtsov's murder case
- Two policemen in Elista accused of beating detainee
- Zelimkhan Khangoshvili wounded in Tbilisi