01 June 2012, 19:00
"Mothers' Alert" activists rally in Grozny
In Grozny, women-activists of the organization named "Mothers' Alert", whose children had gone missing, have held a rally. It took place in the Journalists' Mini-Park – in front of the main entrance to the building of the Government of the Chechen Republic.
The rally was visited – for the first time ever, according to its participants, – by the Mayor of Grozny Muslim Khuchiev and his deputy Ramzan Magomadov.
"For several times I took part in the actions held by the 'Mothers' Alert', although I have no one of my relatives went missing – I just sympathize with these women; however, I see for the first time that the government has paid attention to them and came to hear them. There are not so many mothers today here – just about fifty people; but should they have known that city bosses came here, the entire square in front of the government would have been full of them," said Zulay Zagalova, a resident of Grozny.
Khabidzha Kaplanova said that she came from Novye Atagi to take part in the action – she lost her son 11 years ago.
"I can hardly speak after my illness. My son was taken away; and since then my heart does not cease to hurt. Isa was summoned to Khankala for questioning by employees of the federal troops Viktor Tikhonov and Morozov – I don't remember his name. Since then, I know nothing about the fate of my boy," the woman said to the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.
She added only this month she three times addressed President Vladimir Putin asking to help to find the whereabouts of her son – Isa Kaplanov.
"My son, Isa Chichaevich, born in 1965, disappeared in 2001. Since then, I can't receive any data about his fate from anybody. I beg anyone who may know something about it, help!" said the participant in the rally.
Another participant of the action, a resident of the Zavodskoy District of Grozny, lost her only son – Surguev, Suleiman Vakhaevich, born in 1982, on February 2, 2000.
"Together with my son, three other guys disappeared: Mirza Elmurzaev, Akhmed Susaev and Adam Suleimanov – we were neighbours. All of them were taken from the basement of School No. 50 of the Zavodskoy District. Their fate is still unknown," the woman told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.
Author: Elena Khrustaleva; Source: CK correspondent
- Azerbaijan: arrest of journalist Khadija Ismayilova extended until March 24
- Makhachkala: Envoy Melikov raises issue of preparing for celebrating 2000 years of Derbent
- KBR resident convicted of aiding militants
- MoDs of Armenia and Azerbaijan report shelling of their position in conflict zone
- Armenia: relatives of Avetisyan family ask police to ensure their safety
- Participants of unsanctioned rally in Minvody arrested for 10 days
- Armenian protesters demand international intervention into situation in NKR
- MoD of Azerbaijan reports death of three soldiers in Karabakh conflict zone
- On January 19-25, no victims of armed conflict in Northern Caucasus were registered
- Azerbaijan accuses Armenian party of violating ceasefire