14 July 2012, 23:45
Residents of Makhachkala reported shooting in the city
Today, at about 8:00 p.m. Moscow time, people who happened to be near the bus station at the exit out of Makhachkala heard a submachine gun round of fire.
"Everyone who was close to the bus station at the turn to the settlement of Semender could see a group of armed men in masks and policemen enter a house," an eyewitness, who asked not to name him, told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.
According to his story, a local resident managed to escape through a passage to the cafe. "Local guys said that he was a resident of Semender; in appearance he was about 25 years old," said the source.
The information about the shooting near the bus station and an attempt to detain a young man has also arrived at the SMS-service of the "Caucasian Knot". "We've heard a short submachine gun fire near the bus station opposite the turning to Semender. We live next to there," said the message. The venue was full of power agents in masks and "ordinary", as the author said, policemen.
The on duty unit of the Dagestani Ministry of Internal Affairs (MIA) refused to confirm the information about any power actions in the area of the northern bus station of Makhachkala.
Author: Karina Gadzhieva; Source: CK correspondent
- Residents of Dagestani Vremenny settlement complain to Children's Ombudsman about lack of warm clothes
- EP calls on Russia's MoJ to withdraw its claim on dissolution of "Memorial"
- After meeting with Nils Muižnieks, Azerbaijani activists hope for his help in addressing human rights problems
- Advocate of head of Committee "Mothers from Kuma River Area" appeals against arrest of rights defender
- "Levada Centre": situation in Ukraine affects Russians' opinion about Dubrovka terror act in Moscow
- Dagestan: hunger-striking students threaten to quit university if their demands are not met till end of week
- In Dagestan, law enforcers go around households in Gimry
- Azerbaijan sets up "Joint Human Rights Group"
- Rostov-on-Don to open polling station for electing Ukrainian MPs
- MoJ announces its readiness to withdraw claim on dissolution of "Memorial"