14 July 2012, 23:45
Residents of Makhachkala reported shooting in the city
Today, at about 8:00 p.m. Moscow time, people who happened to be near the bus station at the exit out of Makhachkala heard a submachine gun round of fire.
"Everyone who was close to the bus station at the turn to the settlement of Semender could see a group of armed men in masks and policemen enter a house," an eyewitness, who asked not to name him, told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.
According to his story, a local resident managed to escape through a passage to the cafe. "Local guys said that he was a resident of Semender; in appearance he was about 25 years old," said the source.
The information about the shooting near the bus station and an attempt to detain a young man has also arrived at the SMS-service of the "Caucasian Knot". "We've heard a short submachine gun fire near the bus station opposite the turning to Semender. We live next to there," said the message. The venue was full of power agents in masks and "ordinary", as the author said, policemen.
The on duty unit of the Dagestani Ministry of Internal Affairs (MIA) refused to confirm the information about any power actions in the area of the northern bus station of Makhachkala.
Author: Karina Gadzhieva; Source: CK correspondent
- Funeral of murdered policeman held in Dagestani village of Tsebari
- Vladikavkaz residents report on three cases of discharges to Terek in May
- Singers from Armenia, Georgia and Russia enter the "Eurovision" final
- In Buynaksk, mosque-goers released from police
- In Makhachkala, journalists granted awards in memory of Khadjimurad Kamalov
- Relatives of Dagestani resident Zamir Pashaev report on his kidnapping
- Darya Polyudova released after 10-day arrest
- Policeman shelled on Makhachkala-Buynaksk road
- Law enforcers carry out targeted checks in CTO area in Dagestan
- Arsen Gadjibekov's brother confirms threats voiced by Said Amirov against Arsen