14 July 2012, 23:45
Residents of Makhachkala reported shooting in the city
Today, at about 8:00 p.m. Moscow time, people who happened to be near the bus station at the exit out of Makhachkala heard a submachine gun round of fire.
"Everyone who was close to the bus station at the turn to the settlement of Semender could see a group of armed men in masks and policemen enter a house," an eyewitness, who asked not to name him, told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.
According to his story, a local resident managed to escape through a passage to the cafe. "Local guys said that he was a resident of Semender; in appearance he was about 25 years old," said the source.
The information about the shooting near the bus station and an attempt to detain a young man has also arrived at the SMS-service of the "Caucasian Knot". "We've heard a short submachine gun fire near the bus station opposite the turning to Semender. We live next to there," said the message. The venue was full of power agents in masks and "ordinary", as the author said, policemen.
The on duty unit of the Dagestani Ministry of Internal Affairs (MIA) refused to confirm the information about any power actions in the area of the northern bus station of Makhachkala.
Author: Karina Gadzhieva; Source: CK correspondent
- Court session on suit of Chechen MIA against Amriev who stated torture by police postponed till December 25
- Hassan Zakayev, native of Chechnya, suspected of aiding organizers of Dubrovka terror act in Moscow
- Court session on MoJ's lawsuit on liquidation of "Memorial" postponed at request of rights defenders
- In Chechnya, case of Khasan Edilkhanov accused of involvement in war in Syria sent to court
- Power agents' actions did not interfere with work of authorities, Khasavyurt administration asserts
- AI announces journalist Khadija Ismayilova to be "prisoner of conscience"
- In Moscow, participants of Journalists' Memorial Day paid tribute to Akhmednabiyev and Kuashev
- In Armenia, rights defenders state prisons are overcrowded
- Broadcasting of radio "Echo Moskvy-Makhachkala" resumed in Dagestan
- Experts doubt about reduced tension in Dagestan after murder of Murad Zalitinov