14 July 2012, 23:45
Residents of Makhachkala reported shooting in the city
Today, at about 8:00 p.m. Moscow time, people who happened to be near the bus station at the exit out of Makhachkala heard a submachine gun round of fire.
"Everyone who was close to the bus station at the turn to the settlement of Semender could see a group of armed men in masks and policemen enter a house," an eyewitness, who asked not to name him, told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.
According to his story, a local resident managed to escape through a passage to the cafe. "Local guys said that he was a resident of Semender; in appearance he was about 25 years old," said the source.
The information about the shooting near the bus station and an attempt to detain a young man has also arrived at the SMS-service of the "Caucasian Knot". "We've heard a short submachine gun fire near the bus station opposite the turning to Semender. We live next to there," said the message. The venue was full of power agents in masks and "ordinary", as the author said, policemen.
The on duty unit of the Dagestani Ministry of Internal Affairs (MIA) refused to confirm the information about any power actions in the area of the northern bus station of Makhachkala.
Author: Karina Gadzhieva; Source: CK correspondent
- Gannushkina: "Civil Assistance" is unable to present requested documents by deadline set by prosecutors
- Four activists of Armenian "Pre-Parliament" attacked in NKR
- Magomed Davudov, resident of Stalsky village, disappears in Dagestan
- Baku: Elshad Babaev's relatives demand to investigate his death as murder
- "Caucasian Knot" sums up armed conflict outcomes in NCFD in 2014
- Legality of inquiry format of Gyumri massacre causes doubts among Armenian lawyers
- Armenia fails its international obligations to protect human rights, rights defenders said
- Successors of Avetisyan family questioned in case of mass murder in Gyumri
- Prosecutor's Office of Azerbaijan blames NKR for breaking laws of war
- Resident of Ingushetia Magomed Aushev released under recognizance not to leave