28 September 2012, 23:30
MP Gyulyar Akhmedova excluded from "Yeni Azerbaijan" Party for bribing seat in parliament
Gyulyar Akhmedova, a member of the National Assembly, one of the alleged participants in the video talks about bribing to be elected to the Parliament of Azerbaijan, was excluded from the ruling party "Yeni Azerbaijan" (YAP). This was reported by Ali Akhmedov, Deputy Chairman and Executive Secretary of the party. The Baku City Prosecutor's Office instituted a criminal case in connection with the video record, disseminated on September 25. This was reported by the press service of the General Prosecutor's Office.
According to Ali Akhmedov, Deputy Chairman and Executive Secretary of the YAP, Gyulyar Akhmedova was excluded from the party.
According to Ali Akhmedov, behaviour of Gyulyar Akhmedova "is not compatible with the principles and values of the part." "We consider fraudulent acts of Gyulyar Akhmedova as exploding the reputation of the ruling party in the country. Undoubtedly, with her fraudulent acts, Gyulyar Akhmedova also lost the moral right to represent the 'Yeni Azerbaijan' Party at the National Assembly. This is the opinion of every member of the party," he said.
However, he has stressed that "the illegal actions of individuals are not able to cast a shadow on the policy of our country."
"Rule of law and transparency, uncompromising combating corruption and other moral values and principles form the basis of the authorities' policy. Those persons, who violate the law, lose morality. Cheaters were always disclosed, is being disclosed and will be disclosed," said the Deputy Chairman and the Executive Secretary of the YAP.
Today, it was also was reported that the MP Akhmedova had an apoplectic attack. This was stated by Ilgar Mikailoglu, a brother of Gyulyar Akhmedova, who works as a TV presenter at the "ANS TV" TV Channel. According to him, Gyulyar Akhmedova "only looks and does not respond to anything," the "Ans-press" reports.
Author: Faik Medzhid; Source: CK correspondent
- US won't recognize parliamentary elections in Nagorno-Karabakh
- Georgian high school girl goes to war to Syria
- "Alforat": Umar al-Shishani killed in Iraq
- "Sinjar" demands from Armenian MFA to pay attention to murders of Yazidis in Iraq
- Dagestani resident blows himself up with grenade at detention
- Residents of Chechnya claim being forced to attend May Day rallies
- Three persons hospitalized after shootout in Makhachkala
- Defence witness in Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's case denied entry into USA
- Chechen leader's announced readiness to resign is just a show
- Opposition senses election hope in NKR