16 October 2012, 18:00
The case of Deputy Head of Cherkessk police accused of beating a detainee to death referred to court
The investigation accomplished inquiry on a criminal case against Ruslan Rakhaev aged 33, Deputy Head of police of the town of Cherkessk accused of beating to death local resident Djakhir Djankezov detained last October. The case was referred to court.
It should be reminded that the information that Ruslan Rakhaev was suspected of deliberate infliction of grave bodily harm resulting in involuntary causing death to resident of KCR Djakhir Djankezov aged 47 was spread by Investigative Committee of CIR in the republic on May, 2.
At present investigation has collected a sufficient body of evidence, therefore, after sanctioning the indictment the case was referred to Cherkessk city court for consideration on the merits, a report of Investigative Department of CIR in Karachay-Cherkessia received by editorial board of the "Caucasian Knot" runs.
According to the investigation, on October, 6, 2011, the police personnel of Department of the Ministry of Interior Affairs of Russia in Cherkessk detained residents of KCR D. U. Djankezov and I-Ch.R Djatdoev. During examination the fact of their drunkenness was established. The court arrested them for a 10-day's term. The investigators state that on October, 7, 2011, Deputy Chief of the police for operational work, Chief of operative-search unit of criminal office Ruslan Rakhaev illegally ordered to deliver Djankezov and Djatdoev to his office where he beat one of them up.
According to the investigation, Rakhaev tried to get confessionary statements from Djankezov on a number of crimes committed earlier in the territory of Cherkessk. Djankezov died from bodily injuries he got (multiple fracture of a rib, injury of parietal pleura, closed fracture of sternum, heart and lungs contusion, bruises of the body and extremities) before the physicians of the ambulance arrived.
After the incident RuslanRakhaev escaped but on February, 29, 2013, he was detained in the territory of KBR and arrested as preventive punishment.
The "Caucasian Knot" has no comments from Rakhaev or his representatives concerning these charges, however, earlier his aunt Lidia Zhabelova and his sister Amina Kazakova from Nalchik who carried out their own inquiry stated his innocence and consider that there are signs of forgery in the case. Rakhaev's attorney states that his client had no reason for committing the crime he was accused of.
Djakhir Djankezov's relatives are sure of Rakhaev's guilt and the lawyer of republican Bar of Karachay-Cherkessia who represents the interests of the aggrieved party pointed out that medical re-examination held on May, 14, in Krasnodar after exhumation of the victims' body proved the defendant's guilt.
- Abramyan's detention in Stavropol IVS extended by five days
- Darya Polyudova's case returned for further investigation
- Khadija Ismayilova awarded Barbara Goldsmith's Award "Freedom to Write"
- Krasnodar residents complain about construction of multi-storied building near lake
- Participants of Moscow conference claim negative consequences of non-recognition of Armenian Genocide
- Dagestani native wanted in Turkey on suspicion of plotting terror act
- Police initiate investigation into case of beating Gadjimurad Omarov in Makhachkala
- Mikhail Abramyan's party colleagues report on his hunger strike at Stavropol IVS
- In Makhachkala, mosque employee arrested on suspicion of possessing ammunition
- In Sochi, Saveliev family members leave trial on their eviction in protest