23 May 2013, 21:48
Journalist detained in Sochi: I had no drugs in my car
Nikolai Yarst and Philip Vasilenko, members of the filming crew of the Russian Public Television, have been detained today in Sochi. Agents of the UVD (Interior Department) took away from their car a parcel with some gray-green substance, presumably, narcotic drug.
The parcel was sent for examination, said Andrei Kovalenko, the head of the press service of the Sochi UVD, adding that a check is underway in relation to journalist Nikolai Yarst, the RIA "Novosti" reports.
The journalist himself states that he was on his way to the local Investigatory Committee for comments to his material, when he was stopped by police; and before he was stopped, there was no parcel in his car, the "Federal-Press" reports.
- CTO regime cancelled in North Ossetia
- Law enforcers find workshop for IEDs during special operation in Dagestan
- "Interfax": Ruslan Geremeev involved in case of Boris Nemtsov's murder as suspect
- Shagid Gubashev's defence appeals against extension of his arrest
- "Committee against Torture" challenges court's decision on its registration as "foreign agent"
- NAC reports elimination of two militants in Dagestan
- US Department of State and British Foreign Office condemn guilty verdict against Intigam Aliev in Baku
- Delegations of 60 countries arrive in Yerevan for ceremony to pay tribute to victims of genocide
- CTO regime introduced in Prigorodny District of North Ossetia
- Russian MIA treats Ramzan Kadyrov's statement about "opening fire" on policemen as unacceptable