23 May 2013, 21:48
Journalist detained in Sochi: I had no drugs in my car
Nikolai Yarst and Philip Vasilenko, members of the filming crew of the Russian Public Television, have been detained today in Sochi. Agents of the UVD (Interior Department) took away from their car a parcel with some gray-green substance, presumably, narcotic drug.
The parcel was sent for examination, said Andrei Kovalenko, the head of the press service of the Sochi UVD, adding that a check is underway in relation to journalist Nikolai Yarst, the RIA "Novosti" reports.
The journalist himself states that he was on his way to the local Investigatory Committee for comments to his material, when he was stopped by police; and before he was stopped, there was no parcel in his car, the "Federal-Press" reports.
- Court of Makhachkala arrests Mukhammad Magomedov for ten days
- "Open Russia" posts film about Ramzan Kadyrov on Internet
- "Pussy Riot" members appeal to ECtHR to challenge law enforcers' refusal to investigate attack in Sochi
- Dagestani preacher Nadir Abu Khalid swears to IS leader
- In North Ossetia, Public Chamber concerned over pollution of Terek River in Vladikavkaz
- Week in the Caucasus: review of main events of May 18-24
- Bikers cordon off hospital with Deni Mirzoev
- On May 18-24, at least four persons fell victim to armed conflict in Northern Caucasus
- ICRF completes investigation into Levon Airapetyan's case on embezzlement
- Relatives of Makhachkala resident report his disappearance