23 May 2013, 21:48
Journalist detained in Sochi: I had no drugs in my car
Nikolai Yarst and Philip Vasilenko, members of the filming crew of the Russian Public Television, have been detained today in Sochi. Agents of the UVD (Interior Department) took away from their car a parcel with some gray-green substance, presumably, narcotic drug.
The parcel was sent for examination, said Andrei Kovalenko, the head of the press service of the Sochi UVD, adding that a check is underway in relation to journalist Nikolai Yarst, the RIA "Novosti" reports.
The journalist himself states that he was on his way to the local Investigatory Committee for comments to his material, when he was stopped by police; and before he was stopped, there was no parcel in his car, the "Federal-Press" reports.
- Azerbaijani MIA starts investigating attack on rights defender Gyunay Ismaylova
- Azerbaijani rights defenders express concern about Abdula Abilov's health
- Advocates of Azerbaijani citizens, convicted in NKR complain against verdict
- Court in Azerbaijan sentences journalist Seymour Ghazi to five years in prison
- Protesting entrepreneurs block street in front of Armenian President's residence
- Dagestan starts motor rally Makhachkala-Simferopol against caricatures on Prophet Muhammad
- Russia's SC upholds verdict to Tikhonov in case of creating BORN
- CoE and ODIHR of the OSCE welcome court's refusal to liquidate "Memorial"
- Freedom House places NKR among partially free countries
- Magomed Gadjiev sees charges in Dagestan