23 May 2013, 21:48
Journalist detained in Sochi: I had no drugs in my car
Nikolai Yarst and Philip Vasilenko, members of the filming crew of the Russian Public Television, have been detained today in Sochi. Agents of the UVD (Interior Department) took away from their car a parcel with some gray-green substance, presumably, narcotic drug.
The parcel was sent for examination, said Andrei Kovalenko, the head of the press service of the Sochi UVD, adding that a check is underway in relation to journalist Nikolai Yarst, the RIA "Novosti" reports.
The journalist himself states that he was on his way to the local Investigatory Committee for comments to his material, when he was stopped by police; and before he was stopped, there was no parcel in his car, the "Federal-Press" reports.
- Azerbaijani opposition condemn Nemtsov's murder
- Situation on border with Georgia is satisfactory, says Tskhinvali's spokesman
- Experts treat the version of Islamic-extremist trace in Nemtsov's murder as unlikely
- ICRF finds Nemtsov's murder possible because of Charlie Hebdo
- Sochi residents commemorate Boris Nemtsov
- Soldier of NKR's Defence Army shot dead
- NKR residents come out to commemorate victims of Sumgait pogroms
- Nemtsov: contract for Kadyrov's loyalty to Putin hearing its end
- Georgian resident detained at border with South Ossetia
- Residents of Dagestan complain of public transport problems because of CTO