23 May 2013, 21:48
Journalist detained in Sochi: I had no drugs in my car
Nikolai Yarst and Philip Vasilenko, members of the filming crew of the Russian Public Television, have been detained today in Sochi. Agents of the UVD (Interior Department) took away from their car a parcel with some gray-green substance, presumably, narcotic drug.
The parcel was sent for examination, said Andrei Kovalenko, the head of the press service of the Sochi UVD, adding that a check is underway in relation to journalist Nikolai Yarst, the RIA "Novosti" reports.
The journalist himself states that he was on his way to the local Investigatory Committee for comments to his material, when he was stopped by police; and before he was stopped, there was no parcel in his car, the "Federal-Press" reports.
- Police detain believers in Makhachkala mosques, eyewitnesses report
- Advocate: Dagestani investigators ignore statement about violation of Abdulkadyrov's rights
- Baku: staff of "Azadlyg" newspaper holds picket demanding to repay debt
- Four-year-old girl beaten up in Grozny is in grave condition
- Resident of Makhachkala states disappearance of her husband
- In Volgograd, 40 persons rally in support of State Duma MP Nikolai Parshin
- Georgian municipal officials receive unjustified bonuses, says NGO
- ICRF to check actions of NKVD agents during deportation of Chechens
- ICRF: professional activities of Zheleznovodsk City Duma Speaker is considered among reasons for attempt on him
- Tsarnaev's acquaintance found guilty of concealing evidence of terror act in Boston