23 May 2013, 21:48
Journalist detained in Sochi: I had no drugs in my car
Nikolai Yarst and Philip Vasilenko, members of the filming crew of the Russian Public Television, have been detained today in Sochi. Agents of the UVD (Interior Department) took away from their car a parcel with some gray-green substance, presumably, narcotic drug.
The parcel was sent for examination, said Andrei Kovalenko, the head of the press service of the Sochi UVD, adding that a check is underway in relation to journalist Nikolai Yarst, the RIA "Novosti" reports.
The journalist himself states that he was on his way to the local Investigatory Committee for comments to his material, when he was stopped by police; and before he was stopped, there was no parcel in his car, the "Federal-Press" reports.
- Seven hunger-strikers continue demanding Abdulatipov's resignation
- In Volgograd, about 80 persons came to commemorate victims of political repressions
- In Azerbaijan, one of advocates is withdrawn from protection of rights of Leyla Yunus
- Azerbaijani filmmaker Eldaniz Guliev fined for libelling MIA head
- Defenders of sentenced Rostov journalist Alexander Tolmachov disagree with Court's verdict
- In Dagestan, District Court re-takes Patimat Nasibova into custody
- Native of Yeisk becomes defendant in case of private jet crash at Vnukovo Airport
- In Grozny, relatives of disappeared persons obtain 60 genetic passports
- Relatives of murdered rights defender Maksharip Aushev ask to transfer investigation to Ingushetia
- Natives of Northern Caucasus picket Pirogov Medical University in protest against ban on religious clothing