23 May 2013, 21:48
Journalist detained in Sochi: I had no drugs in my car
Nikolai Yarst and Philip Vasilenko, members of the filming crew of the Russian Public Television, have been detained today in Sochi. Agents of the UVD (Interior Department) took away from their car a parcel with some gray-green substance, presumably, narcotic drug.
The parcel was sent for examination, said Andrei Kovalenko, the head of the press service of the Sochi UVD, adding that a check is underway in relation to journalist Nikolai Yarst, the RIA "Novosti" reports.
The journalist himself states that he was on his way to the local Investigatory Committee for comments to his material, when he was stopped by police; and before he was stopped, there was no parcel in his car, the "Federal-Press" reports.
- Buynaksk residents complain that power agents tore away poster with text from Koran
- Court extends detention of Rashid Isaev
- MCC upholds extension of arrest of defendant in case of terror act at Dubrovka Theatre
- Defendants in case of explosion in Sheikh al-Chirkawi's house plead not guilty
- US impose sanctions against leader of "Imarat Kavkaz"
- Experts evidence to court in Adygea on agro holding's suit to ecologist Brinikh
- Court finds Dagestani resident guilty of aiding and abetting militants
- Law enforcers name nine Chechen residents fighting in Syria
- Defender of Zaur Dadaev denies his client's rejection of confession in Boris Nemtsov's case
- Stavropol Territory pays tribute to victims of 2001 terror acts