23 May 2013, 21:48
Journalist detained in Sochi: I had no drugs in my car
Nikolai Yarst and Philip Vasilenko, members of the filming crew of the Russian Public Television, have been detained today in Sochi. Agents of the UVD (Interior Department) took away from their car a parcel with some gray-green substance, presumably, narcotic drug.
The parcel was sent for examination, said Andrei Kovalenko, the head of the press service of the Sochi UVD, adding that a check is underway in relation to journalist Nikolai Yarst, the RIA "Novosti" reports.
The journalist himself states that he was on his way to the local Investigatory Committee for comments to his material, when he was stopped by police; and before he was stopped, there was no parcel in his car, the "Federal-Press" reports.
- "Levada-Centre": 64% of Russian citizens believe authorities did their best to rescue hostages in Beslan
- In Krasnodar, activist Darya Polyudova arrested on suspicion of extremism
- In Rostov Region, schools welcome 7000 children of Ukrainian immigrants
- Knowledge Day in NCFD: regions face shortage of schools
- Sapiyat Magomedova complains to Dagestani ID about delays in investigation into case of her beating
- Zarema Khadjirokova accused of fraud goes on hunger strike in Maikop
- Prosecutor's Office of Azerbaijan bans Namazov's leaving the country
- Dudieva: on October 14, ECtHR to start considering complaint of Beslan victims
- During week of August 25-31, 2014, 3 persons fell victim to armed conflict in Northern Caucasus
- Moscow opens art project about Beslan victims