23 May 2013, 21:48
Journalist detained in Sochi: I had no drugs in my car
Nikolai Yarst and Philip Vasilenko, members of the filming crew of the Russian Public Television, have been detained today in Sochi. Agents of the UVD (Interior Department) took away from their car a parcel with some gray-green substance, presumably, narcotic drug.
The parcel was sent for examination, said Andrei Kovalenko, the head of the press service of the Sochi UVD, adding that a check is underway in relation to journalist Nikolai Yarst, the RIA "Novosti" reports.
The journalist himself states that he was on his way to the local Investigatory Committee for comments to his material, when he was stopped by police; and before he was stopped, there was no parcel in his car, the "Federal-Press" reports.
- Rights defender Elchin Namazov arrested in Azerbaijan
- Over 300 turkologists come to Moscow conference on history of Karachay-Balkar people
- Three Makhachkala women suspend hunger strike demanding Abdulatipov's resignation
- Russia's SC upholds verdict to figurants of terror act in Domodedovo
- Inmates stop hunger strike in Batumi prison
- Dagestan sets up commission to evaluate damage in Vremenny
- Defence of convicts for terror act in Domodedovo Airport demand to revise the sentence
- Mirzamagomedov convicted in Dagestan was sent out from Chelyabinsk with burns, rights defenders assert
- "EcoWatch" appeals against the decision to liquidate it
- NATO rejects Russian-Abkhaz treaty