23 May 2013, 21:48
Journalist detained in Sochi: I had no drugs in my car
Nikolai Yarst and Philip Vasilenko, members of the filming crew of the Russian Public Television, have been detained today in Sochi. Agents of the UVD (Interior Department) took away from their car a parcel with some gray-green substance, presumably, narcotic drug.
The parcel was sent for examination, said Andrei Kovalenko, the head of the press service of the Sochi UVD, adding that a check is underway in relation to journalist Nikolai Yarst, the RIA "Novosti" reports.
The journalist himself states that he was on his way to the local Investigatory Committee for comments to his material, when he was stopped by police; and before he was stopped, there was no parcel in his car, the "Federal-Press" reports.
- Sochi residents criticize three-day celebration of City Day
- "Memorial" changes its Charter to suit MoJ
- In Armenia, advocates of participants of "Millions Mask March" appeal against conviction
- Azerbaijan: Mirkadyrov's custody extended by 5 months
- Guards and brother of Chechen representative in Ukraine arrested in Moscow
- In Azerbaijan, Leyla Yunus' advocates state sharp deterioration in her health due to malnutrition
- Tbilisi: farewell ceremony with Bendukidze ends with minute of silence
- Residents of Akatsij Street in Sochi complain that they are evicted
- Fast stop of "Khimprom" in Volgograd can lead to disaster, ecologists are warning
- NKR's Defence Army denies any attitude to death of Azerbaijani soldier