23 May 2013, 21:48
Journalist detained in Sochi: I had no drugs in my car
Nikolai Yarst and Philip Vasilenko, members of the filming crew of the Russian Public Television, have been detained today in Sochi. Agents of the UVD (Interior Department) took away from their car a parcel with some gray-green substance, presumably, narcotic drug.
The parcel was sent for examination, said Andrei Kovalenko, the head of the press service of the Sochi UVD, adding that a check is underway in relation to journalist Nikolai Yarst, the RIA "Novosti" reports.
The journalist himself states that he was on his way to the local Investigatory Committee for comments to his material, when he was stopped by police; and before he was stopped, there was no parcel in his car, the "Federal-Press" reports.
- Baku CoA leaves "Musavat" activist Faraj Kerimli in custody
- IRFS calls to impose sanctions on Azeri officials who violate human rights
- Journalist Timur Kuashev found dead in KBR
- APA: nine Azerbaijani soldiers lost in Nagorno-Karabakh conflict zone
- "Levada-Centre": events in Ukraine divert Russians' attention from Northern Caucasus
- Relatives of Abdulnasyrov, slain in Stavropol Territory, state absence of answer to their demand to check power agents' actions
- "EcoWatch": convicted Krasnodar ecologist Evgeny Vitishko placed into dungeon
- International human rights organizations demand release of Leyla Yunus arrested in Azerbaijan
- Ilyas Temaev sentenced to eight months in prison in Dagestan
- Baku suspends indefinitely oppositional newspaper "Azadlyg"