23 May 2013, 21:48
Journalist detained in Sochi: I had no drugs in my car
Nikolai Yarst and Philip Vasilenko, members of the filming crew of the Russian Public Television, have been detained today in Sochi. Agents of the UVD (Interior Department) took away from their car a parcel with some gray-green substance, presumably, narcotic drug.
The parcel was sent for examination, said Andrei Kovalenko, the head of the press service of the Sochi UVD, adding that a check is underway in relation to journalist Nikolai Yarst, the RIA "Novosti" reports.
The journalist himself states that he was on his way to the local Investigatory Committee for comments to his material, when he was stopped by police; and before he was stopped, there was no parcel in his car, the "Federal-Press" reports.
- DPS unit shelled in Nalchik: two killed and one wounded
- MIA reports killing of organizer of terror act in Grozny
- Relatives of Elshan Salikhov, killed in Derbent, deny his involvement in militants' activities
- Shamil Gazaliev from Chechnya suspected of involvement in warfare in Syria
- Gimry resident reports detention of three suspected militants in Vremenny
- Volgograd: residents of Srednaya Akhtuba picket against expanded clay factories
- Grozny law enforcers search for two suspected suicide bombers, a police source reports
- In Krasnodar, "Solidarity" activist stabbed because of his anti-Putin inscription
- Armenia: organizer of "Million Mask March" sentenced to six years of imprisonment
- In Budyonnovsk, head of Committee of Soldiers' Mothers detained after search in NGO's office