23 May 2013, 21:48
Journalist detained in Sochi: I had no drugs in my car
Nikolai Yarst and Philip Vasilenko, members of the filming crew of the Russian Public Television, have been detained today in Sochi. Agents of the UVD (Interior Department) took away from their car a parcel with some gray-green substance, presumably, narcotic drug.
The parcel was sent for examination, said Andrei Kovalenko, the head of the press service of the Sochi UVD, adding that a check is underway in relation to journalist Nikolai Yarst, the RIA "Novosti" reports.
The journalist himself states that he was on his way to the local Investigatory Committee for comments to his material, when he was stopped by police; and before he was stopped, there was no parcel in his car, the "Federal-Press" reports.
- Sochi court finds builder Demerchyan guilty of false denunciation
- Court finds Nadezhda Tsapok guilty of land fraud
- MfE: the basic version of fire in rights defenders' office in Grozny is arson
- Court session on suit of Chechen MIA against Amriev who stated torture by police postponed till December 25
- Hassan Zakayev, native of Chechnya, suspected of aiding organizers of Dubrovka terror act in Moscow
- Court session on MoJ's lawsuit on liquidation of "Memorial" postponed at request of rights defenders
- In Chechnya, case of Khasan Edilkhanov accused of involvement in war in Syria sent to court
- Power agents' actions did not interfere with work of authorities, Khasavyurt administration asserts
- AI announces journalist Khadija Ismayilova to be "prisoner of conscience"
- In Moscow, participants of Journalists' Memorial Day paid tribute to Akhmednabiyev and Kuashev