03 June 2013, 00:57
Speaker of Makhachkala City Assembly states the Mayor is innocent; head of trade union of entrepreneurs believes Amirov's arrest was correct
In the opinion of Magomed Magomedrasulov, the chairman of the Makhachkala City Assembly, the Mayor of Makhachkala Said Amirov is not guilty of the incriminated crimes.
Said Amirov was detained on June 1 on suspicion of organizing a murder of an employee of the Investigating Committee of the Russian Federation (ICRF) in Dagestan. On June 2, the Basmanny Court of Moscow ruled to arrest Amirov until August 1. Amirov himself rejected the charge, saying that the case about his involvement in the murder was fabricated.
Mr Magomedrasulov told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent that his colleagues wrote an open letter to Russia's leadership and investigative bodies asking to appoint a recognizance not to leave for Amirov under the security of the Presidium of the City Assembly.
"In Dagestan, there are officials who are afraid of Amirov's authority; they are afraid that he might take the presidency of Dagestan. That is why, his arrest should be viewed as a political order," Perziyat Bagandova, a Dagectani ex-MP, told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.
Meanwhile, the current acting Mayor of Makhachkala Bagand Magomedov told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent about the earlier unknown circumstances of Amirov's arrest. According to his story, the head of the group of power agents behaved very rudely and used obscene language; nobody of them presented any documents. Amirov was put into a helicopter that departed to some unknown destination.
So far, there are no comments of the investigating authorities to the words of the acting Mayor of the capital of Dagestan.
Author: Akhmed Magomedov; Source: CK correspondentArticle source
- "Musavat" activist Kerimli was detained on suspicion of drug possession, Azerbaijani MIA asserts
- Georgian ensemble "Sukhishvili" cancels its concert in Russia
- Doctors in Grozny decide not to drive the beaten girl out of coma
- Relatives of Almaz Abdulnasyrov, killed in Stavropol Territory, asks prosecutors to check police's actions
- Prigorodny District of North Ossetia gives foodstuffs to needy people
- In Makhachkala, police release all detained believers
- Body of missing resident of Dagestan found
- Convicted member of Tsapok's gang stops hunger strike, Prosecutor's Office of Krasnodar Territory reports
- Faraj Kerimli, activist of "Musavat" Party, detained in Azerbaijan
- In Adygea, participants of the library flash mob give out 50 books