03 June 2013, 00:57
Speaker of Makhachkala City Assembly states the Mayor is innocent; head of trade union of entrepreneurs believes Amirov's arrest was correct
In the opinion of Magomed Magomedrasulov, the chairman of the Makhachkala City Assembly, the Mayor of Makhachkala Said Amirov is not guilty of the incriminated crimes.
Said Amirov was detained on June 1 on suspicion of organizing a murder of an employee of the Investigating Committee of the Russian Federation (ICRF) in Dagestan. On June 2, the Basmanny Court of Moscow ruled to arrest Amirov until August 1. Amirov himself rejected the charge, saying that the case about his involvement in the murder was fabricated.
Mr Magomedrasulov told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent that his colleagues wrote an open letter to Russia's leadership and investigative bodies asking to appoint a recognizance not to leave for Amirov under the security of the Presidium of the City Assembly.
"In Dagestan, there are officials who are afraid of Amirov's authority; they are afraid that he might take the presidency of Dagestan. That is why, his arrest should be viewed as a political order," Perziyat Bagandova, a Dagectani ex-MP, told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.
Meanwhile, the current acting Mayor of Makhachkala Bagand Magomedov told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent about the earlier unknown circumstances of Amirov's arrest. According to his story, the head of the group of power agents behaved very rudely and used obscene language; nobody of them presented any documents. Amirov was put into a helicopter that departed to some unknown destination.
So far, there are no comments of the investigating authorities to the words of the acting Mayor of the capital of Dagestan.
Author: Akhmed Magomedov; Source: CK correspondentArticle source
- Georgia's GPO accuses Mikhail Saakashvili of excess of power
- Stavropol Territory: former investigator sentenced to one year of freedom deprivation for arbitrariness
- Local executed by unidentified persons in Nazran District of Ingushetia
- Refugees living in "Promzhilbaza" find it difficult to rent housing for money allocated by authorities
- MCC finds Orkhan Zeinalov guilty of Yegor Scherbakov's murder in Biryulyovo
- Needy people of Vladikavkaz receive 400 food parcels for the end of Ramadan
- During week of July 21-27, 2014, 6 persons fell victim to armed conflict in Northern Caucasus
- Levon Airapetyan's friend reports on deterioration of businessman's health at Moscow SIZO
- MfE: Rostov Region accommodates more than 40,000 Ukrainian refugees
- On eve of Eid al-Fitr, Chechnya enhances security measures