06 June 2013, 09:50
Committee of Volgograd City Duma starts considering resolution of rally in defence of mothers and children
The organizers of the June 1 rally "For Particular Actions in Defence of Children and Mothers" in Volgograd have received a confirmation from the City Duma that the resolution of the rally had been received and was under discussion, Nikolai Belikov, one of the organizers told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.
Let us remind you that the protesters demanded to set up – by June 5 – a permanent working commission of public activists, authorities and experts to solve the critical social problems. The resolution of the rally was sent to the Governor of the Volgograd Region Sergey Bozhenov.
Mr Belikov has noted that the organizers of the rally will be waiting for the authorities' response to the resolution within 30 days, "as required by the law." "Depending on the response we will decide what to do next," he said.
The City Duma will surely take part in the work of the above commission, Valery Mironov, the chairman of the committee on social policy, told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent. Now he is talking to the deputies, who are willing to join the commission.
On the eve of the June 1 rally, nine mothers of large families of Volgograd announced a three-day hunger strike in support of children's rights. The hunger-strikers also adopted a resolution that demanded from the authorities, in particular, to open a city rehabilitation centre for children with disabilities, to provide children with places in kindergartens, and to stop closing dairy kitchens and maternity hospitals.
Author: Tatyana Filimonova; Source: CK correspondent
- Beslan marks tenth anniversary of terror act
- In Sochi, Lavrikov family challenge court decision to move them to "Olympic" housing
- Governor of Rostov Region announces closure of refugee centres
- Armenian MoD reports detention of soldier related to Vladimir Airapetyan's death
- Azerbaijani court rules to arrest journalist Seimur Khazi
- In Grozny, relatives of missing people demand to punish kidnappers
- Dagestan: Mekhelta villagers state problems with receiving compensation for disaster damage
- Family members of Kislovodsk Imam appeal to rights defenders for help in stopping criminal proceedings against him
- Chechen Prosecutor's Office resumes investigation into murder of pregnant woman committed 14 years ago
- In Azerbaijan, Ali Gyulalyev's father claims political motives of case against his son