06 June 2013, 09:50
Committee of Volgograd City Duma starts considering resolution of rally in defence of mothers and children
The organizers of the June 1 rally "For Particular Actions in Defence of Children and Mothers" in Volgograd have received a confirmation from the City Duma that the resolution of the rally had been received and was under discussion, Nikolai Belikov, one of the organizers told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.
Let us remind you that the protesters demanded to set up – by June 5 – a permanent working commission of public activists, authorities and experts to solve the critical social problems. The resolution of the rally was sent to the Governor of the Volgograd Region Sergey Bozhenov.
Mr Belikov has noted that the organizers of the rally will be waiting for the authorities' response to the resolution within 30 days, "as required by the law." "Depending on the response we will decide what to do next," he said.
The City Duma will surely take part in the work of the above commission, Valery Mironov, the chairman of the committee on social policy, told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent. Now he is talking to the deputies, who are willing to join the commission.
On the eve of the June 1 rally, nine mothers of large families of Volgograd announced a three-day hunger strike in support of children's rights. The hunger-strikers also adopted a resolution that demanded from the authorities, in particular, to open a city rehabilitation centre for children with disabilities, to provide children with places in kindergartens, and to stop closing dairy kitchens and maternity hospitals.
Author: Tatyana Filimonova; Source: CK correspondent
- "Caucasian Knot" sums up armed conflict outcomes in NCFD in 2014
- Prosecutor's Office of Azerbaijan blames NKR for breaking laws of war
- Resident of Ingushetia Magomed Aushev released under recognizance not to leave
- Gannushkina associates check of "Civil Assistance" with her criticism of Prosecutor's Office Law
- Participants of motor rally against caricatures on Prophet Muhammad arrive in Simferopol from Dagestan
- Power agents come to check offices of "Civil Assistance" and Transparency International, said Pavel Chikov
- Armenian opposition demands parliamentary hearings on murder in Gyumri
- Lawyers challenge arrest extension of three natives of Chechnya accused of attempting on MfE employees
- KBR resident sentenced to 3.5 years in colony for helping militants
- In Yerevan, entrepreneurs threaten Armenian authorities with sit-in strike