06 June 2013, 09:50
Committee of Volgograd City Duma starts considering resolution of rally in defence of mothers and children
The organizers of the June 1 rally "For Particular Actions in Defence of Children and Mothers" in Volgograd have received a confirmation from the City Duma that the resolution of the rally had been received and was under discussion, Nikolai Belikov, one of the organizers told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.
Let us remind you that the protesters demanded to set up – by June 5 – a permanent working commission of public activists, authorities and experts to solve the critical social problems. The resolution of the rally was sent to the Governor of the Volgograd Region Sergey Bozhenov.
Mr Belikov has noted that the organizers of the rally will be waiting for the authorities' response to the resolution within 30 days, "as required by the law." "Depending on the response we will decide what to do next," he said.
The City Duma will surely take part in the work of the above commission, Valery Mironov, the chairman of the committee on social policy, told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent. Now he is talking to the deputies, who are willing to join the commission.
On the eve of the June 1 rally, nine mothers of large families of Volgograd announced a three-day hunger strike in support of children's rights. The hunger-strikers also adopted a resolution that demanded from the authorities, in particular, to open a city rehabilitation centre for children with disabilities, to provide children with places in kindergartens, and to stop closing dairy kitchens and maternity hospitals.
Author: Tatyana Filimonova; Source: CK correspondent
- Azerbaijani rights defender Anar Mamedli nominated for Vaclav Havel Award
- Armenia: court leaves Ovannisyan and Petrosyan, participants of "Million Mask March", under arrest
- Rights defenders: contract soldiers lost in Rostov Region fought in Ukraine
- Astrakhan: Mikhail Stolyarov hospitalized from courthouse; his case suspended
- 18 refugee families return to Chechnya from Ingush TACs
- Activists urge KBR's authorities to preserve Gedmishkh Waterfall
- Sochi resident detained in Ukraine returns to his homeland after POW exchange
- In Krasnodar Territory, doctor is fined for storing Jehovah's Witnesses' book at her working place
- Georgian Health Ministry sends delegation to help Ukraine
- Stavropol court rejects all petitions of advocates of Kurman-Ali Baichorov, Imam of Kislovodsk