06 June 2013, 09:50
Committee of Volgograd City Duma starts considering resolution of rally in defence of mothers and children
The organizers of the June 1 rally "For Particular Actions in Defence of Children and Mothers" in Volgograd have received a confirmation from the City Duma that the resolution of the rally had been received and was under discussion, Nikolai Belikov, one of the organizers told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.
Let us remind you that the protesters demanded to set up – by June 5 – a permanent working commission of public activists, authorities and experts to solve the critical social problems. The resolution of the rally was sent to the Governor of the Volgograd Region Sergey Bozhenov.
Mr Belikov has noted that the organizers of the rally will be waiting for the authorities' response to the resolution within 30 days, "as required by the law." "Depending on the response we will decide what to do next," he said.
The City Duma will surely take part in the work of the above commission, Valery Mironov, the chairman of the committee on social policy, told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent. Now he is talking to the deputies, who are willing to join the commission.
On the eve of the June 1 rally, nine mothers of large families of Volgograd announced a three-day hunger strike in support of children's rights. The hunger-strikers also adopted a resolution that demanded from the authorities, in particular, to open a city rehabilitation centre for children with disabilities, to provide children with places in kindergartens, and to stop closing dairy kitchens and maternity hospitals.
Author: Tatyana Filimonova; Source: CK correspondentArticle source
- "Musavat" activist Kerimli was detained on suspicion of drug possession, Azerbaijani MIA asserts
- Georgian ensemble "Sukhishvili" cancels its concert in Russia
- Doctors in Grozny decide not to drive the beaten girl out of coma
- Prigorodny District of North Ossetia gives foodstuffs to needy people
- In Makhachkala, police release all detained believers
- Convicted member of Tsapok's gang stops hunger strike, Prosecutor's Office of Krasnodar Territory reports
- Faraj Kerimli, activist of "Musavat" Party, detained in Azerbaijan
- In Adygea, participants of the library flash mob give out 50 books
- Rostov Governor asks Medvedev to send more Ukrainian refugees to other regions
- Canada creates International Circassian Organization to Support Repatriation