15 June 2013, 12:40
Moscow Basmanny Court temporarily removes Mayor of Makhachkala Said Amirov from the post
On June 14, the Basmanny Court of Moscow suspended the Mayor of Makhachkala Said Amirov, who is accused of involvement in the murder of an investigator. The suspension was motivated by the fact that Amirov, if staying at office, could put pressure on victims and witnesses.
The official himself did not object to his removal from office, but his defence did not agree with the ruling of the court, the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent reports.
It became known yesterday that the Mayor of Makhachkala, while in custody in Moscow, cut his wrist and feet veins. On June 14, Amirov's suicide attempt was confirmed by Christina Belousova, the spokesperson of the FSIN (Russia's Penitentiary Service). She also noted that now Amirov is kept not in the Lefortovo SIZO (pre-trial prison), but in hospital; however, she refused to specify the particular place.
Amirov's advocates have noted that the health state of their client was satisfactory. Said Amirov said that had not committed any suicide attempts, and had no ideas of this sort.
Author: Yulia Buslavskaya, Tatiana Gantimurova; Source: CK correspondentsArticle source
- In Adygea, participants of the library flash mob give out 50 books
- Rostov Governor asks Medvedev to send more Ukrainian refugees to other regions
- Canada creates International Circassian Organization to Support Repatriation
- Man killed in Novoselitskoe District of Stavropol Territory is Almaz Abdulnasyrov, says his wife
- Police detain believers in Makhachkala mosques, eyewitnesses report
- Advocate: Dagestani investigators ignore statement about violation of Abdulkadyrov's rights
- Baku: staff of "Azadlyg" newspaper holds picket demanding to repay debt
- Four-year-old girl beaten up in Grozny is in grave condition
- Resident of Makhachkala states disappearance of her husband
- In Volgograd, 40 persons rally in support of State Duma MP Nikolai Parshin