15 June 2013, 12:40
Moscow Basmanny Court temporarily removes Mayor of Makhachkala Said Amirov from the post
On June 14, the Basmanny Court of Moscow suspended the Mayor of Makhachkala Said Amirov, who is accused of involvement in the murder of an investigator. The suspension was motivated by the fact that Amirov, if staying at office, could put pressure on victims and witnesses.
The official himself did not object to his removal from office, but his defence did not agree with the ruling of the court, the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent reports.
It became known yesterday that the Mayor of Makhachkala, while in custody in Moscow, cut his wrist and feet veins. On June 14, Amirov's suicide attempt was confirmed by Christina Belousova, the spokesperson of the FSIN (Russia's Penitentiary Service). She also noted that now Amirov is kept not in the Lefortovo SIZO (pre-trial prison), but in hospital; however, she refused to specify the particular place.
Amirov's advocates have noted that the health state of their client was satisfactory. Said Amirov said that had not committed any suicide attempts, and had no ideas of this sort.
Author: Yulia Buslavskaya, Tatiana Gantimurova; Source: CK correspondents
- Residents of Nalchik hold mourning march on Adygs' Memory Day
- Ilham Aliev's refusal to attend EaP summit has to do to criticism of human rights violations
- Head of Novokubansk District offered to resign
- Former special forces officer appointed new chief of North-Caucasian VOGOiP
- Grozny residents report on interruptions in electricity and water supply
- Ashot Gulyan re-elected speaker of NKR's National Assembly
- Sergey Krivenko, HRC member, speaks at Bogatenkova's trial
- Top managers of "Dagenergobank" suspected of forgery
- Advocate of Avetisyans' successors state need to combine both Permyakov's cases
- Relatives of missing Zamir Pashaev ask rights defenders to help in finding him