07 July 2013, 10:37
Musa Pliev: ECtHR to consider Akhmed Buzurtanov's case as exception
On July 4, the period expired, within which the government of the Russian Federation was to submit to the European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR) the memorandum on the complaint about the kidnapping of Akhmed Buzurtanov, a wrestling club coach. As an exception, the ECtHR took emergency measures to consider the complaint about the kidnapping of Akhmed Buzurtanov. This was reported by advocate Musa Pliev.
The "Caucasian Knot" has reported that on December 6, 2012, in the village of Maiskoe of the Prigorodny District of North Ossetia, unidentified persons forced Akhmed Buzurtanov, a coach of the wrestling club "Kaloy", into a car and drove him away. This was reported by local residents. Since then, his family members knew nothing about his fate.
Therefore, the ECtHR has decided to consider the complaint on an emergency basis, taking into account the fact that the case had received a great response. This was told to the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent by advocate Musa Pliev, who represented the interests of the Buzurtanov family.
According to the advocate's story, there are already documents available that could shed light on the events that took place in December 2012 in the village of Maiskoe. At the same time, the advocate believes that the responsibility for the ineffective investigation should be borne both by the government of Ingushetia and the government of North Ossetia.
Till present, the date of the consideration of the complaint is unknown. Earlier, in his exclusive interview to the "Caucasian Knot", Yunus-Bek Evkurov, the leader of Ingushetia, stated that he was interested in the case on the disappearance of Akhmed Buzurtanov and that he repeatedly met his relatives.
Author: Tatyana Gantimurova; Source: CK correspondent
- Residents of "Olympic" settlement in Sochi state its poor condition
- Shakhban Gasanov killed in special operation in Khasavyurt
- Russians have more trust in Kadyrov
- Darya Polyudova complains to ECtHR against her arrest
- Rights defenders state violations of Chechens' and Ingushes' rights in Russian prisons
- Rights defenders are concerned about absence of check of Dadaev's statements about torture
- Consideration of Evgeny Vitishko's motion on CER rescheduled for April 15
- Investigators question Boris Nemtsov's son within his father's murder case
- Advocates of convicts in Akhmedilov's murder case intend to challenge verdict of guilty
- Sociologists explain Russians' optimism towards situation in Northern Caucasus by reduction of criticism in media