07 July 2013, 10:37
Musa Pliev: ECtHR to consider Akhmed Buzurtanov's case as exception
On July 4, the period expired, within which the government of the Russian Federation was to submit to the European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR) the memorandum on the complaint about the kidnapping of Akhmed Buzurtanov, a wrestling club coach. As an exception, the ECtHR took emergency measures to consider the complaint about the kidnapping of Akhmed Buzurtanov. This was reported by advocate Musa Pliev.
The "Caucasian Knot" has reported that on December 6, 2012, in the village of Maiskoe of the Prigorodny District of North Ossetia, unidentified persons forced Akhmed Buzurtanov, a coach of the wrestling club "Kaloy", into a car and drove him away. This was reported by local residents. Since then, his family members knew nothing about his fate.
Therefore, the ECtHR has decided to consider the complaint on an emergency basis, taking into account the fact that the case had received a great response. This was told to the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent by advocate Musa Pliev, who represented the interests of the Buzurtanov family.
According to the advocate's story, there are already documents available that could shed light on the events that took place in December 2012 in the village of Maiskoe. At the same time, the advocate believes that the responsibility for the ineffective investigation should be borne both by the government of Ingushetia and the government of North Ossetia.
Till present, the date of the consideration of the complaint is unknown. Earlier, in his exclusive interview to the "Caucasian Knot", Yunus-Bek Evkurov, the leader of Ingushetia, stated that he was interested in the case on the disappearance of Akhmed Buzurtanov and that he repeatedly met his relatives.
Author: Tatyana Gantimurova; Source: CK correspondentArticle source
- Georgian municipal officials receive unjustified bonuses, says NGO
- ICRF to check actions of NKVD agents during deportation of Chechens
- ICRF: professional activities of Zheleznovodsk City Duma Speaker is considered among reasons for attempt on him
- Tsarnaev's acquaintance found guilty of concealing evidence of terror act in Boston
- North-Caucasian militants released video evidence of Umarov's death
- Russia's MoJ adds HRC "Memorial" to registry of "foreign agents"
- In Stavropol Territory, policemen kill a man who opened fire on them
- Azerbaijani MIA confirms death of local in Karabakh conflict zone
- Explosion occurs near the house of City Duma Speaker in Zheleznovodsk
- Prosecution demands 18 years of imprisonment for Zeinalov