12 July 2013, 23:30
Skirmish of members of "Pre-Parliament of Armenia" and police occurs in Yerevan
During a meeting of the initiative group "Pre-Parliament of Armenia" in Yerevan, a clash burst out between its members and the police; the coordinator of the group Garegin Chugazyan was detained.
Today, about 500 members of the "Pre-Parliament of Armenia" came to Freedom Square in Yerevan. At the end of the meeting, they tried to march to the indoor marketplace; however, the police prevented it, because such an action had not been sanctioned.
The police formed a chain, not letting the activists to move forward. The latter, in their turn, claimed that the police had no right to block the road and demanded to meet police bosses.
"We've just talked about the sickliness of the ruling regime; and here's a bright proof," one of the participants of the action told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.
A clash burst out among the parties, as a result of which Garegin Chugazyan was brought to the police station. After a while, the police allowed the participants to move on along Mashtots Avenue to the indoor marketplace.
Let us remind you that the initiative group "Pre-Parliament of Armenia" was created on November 15, 2012; and it regularly holds public meetings in Freedom Square. One of the goals of the group is to eliminate the current regime without shocks for Armenia.
Author: Inessa Sargsyan; Source: CK correspondent
- Russian HRC to appeal to General Prosecutor's Office in connection with case against Imam Kurman-Ali Baichorov
- In Makhachkala, eight persons go on hunger strike demanding resignation of Dagestani leader
- CPJ expresses concern over failure of justice in some cases on journalists' murders in Russia
- Rostov journalist Alexander Tolmachov is sentenced to nine years of imprisonment
- In Azerbaijan, Baku CoA leaves human rights defender Intigam Aliev under arrest
- Dagestani court announces verdict in case on "honour killing" in Nechaevka
- Azerbaijani rights defender Arif Yunus to stay under arrest until March 5
- Mothers of large families from Volgograd Region hold picket in Moscow
- In Grozny, law enforcers detain young people while searching for militants, locals report
- In Georgia, Azerbaijani students stand against closure of mosque in Mokhe village