12 July 2013, 23:30
Skirmish of members of "Pre-Parliament of Armenia" and police occurs in Yerevan
During a meeting of the initiative group "Pre-Parliament of Armenia" in Yerevan, a clash burst out between its members and the police; the coordinator of the group Garegin Chugazyan was detained.
Today, about 500 members of the "Pre-Parliament of Armenia" came to Freedom Square in Yerevan. At the end of the meeting, they tried to march to the indoor marketplace; however, the police prevented it, because such an action had not been sanctioned.
The police formed a chain, not letting the activists to move forward. The latter, in their turn, claimed that the police had no right to block the road and demanded to meet police bosses.
"We've just talked about the sickliness of the ruling regime; and here's a bright proof," one of the participants of the action told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.
A clash burst out among the parties, as a result of which Garegin Chugazyan was brought to the police station. After a while, the police allowed the participants to move on along Mashtots Avenue to the indoor marketplace.
Let us remind you that the initiative group "Pre-Parliament of Armenia" was created on November 15, 2012; and it regularly holds public meetings in Freedom Square. One of the goals of the group is to eliminate the current regime without shocks for Armenia.
Author: Inessa Sargsyan; Source: CK correspondent
- "Levada-Centre": 64% of Russian citizens believe authorities did their best to rescue hostages in Beslan
- Sapiyat Magomedova complains to Dagestani ID about delays in investigation into case of her beating
- Dagestani authorities claim lack of federal funds to pay compensation to Mekhelta villagers
- Zarema Khadjirokova accused of fraud goes on hunger strike in Maikop
- Prosecutor's Office of Azerbaijan bans Namazov's leaving the country
- Dudieva: on October 14, ECtHR to start considering complaint of Beslan victims
- Beslan marks tenth anniversary of terror act
- Sixty three Ukrainian soldiers who crossed Russian-Ukrainian border sent home
- Azerbaijan freezes bank accounts of Centre for Economic Research and its leader
- Governor of Rostov Region announces closure of refugee centres