12 July 2013, 23:30
Skirmish of members of "Pre-Parliament of Armenia" and police occurs in Yerevan
During a meeting of the initiative group "Pre-Parliament of Armenia" in Yerevan, a clash burst out between its members and the police; the coordinator of the group Garegin Chugazyan was detained.
Today, about 500 members of the "Pre-Parliament of Armenia" came to Freedom Square in Yerevan. At the end of the meeting, they tried to march to the indoor marketplace; however, the police prevented it, because such an action had not been sanctioned.
The police formed a chain, not letting the activists to move forward. The latter, in their turn, claimed that the police had no right to block the road and demanded to meet police bosses.
"We've just talked about the sickliness of the ruling regime; and here's a bright proof," one of the participants of the action told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.
A clash burst out among the parties, as a result of which Garegin Chugazyan was brought to the police station. After a while, the police allowed the participants to move on along Mashtots Avenue to the indoor marketplace.
Let us remind you that the initiative group "Pre-Parliament of Armenia" was created on November 15, 2012; and it regularly holds public meetings in Freedom Square. One of the goals of the group is to eliminate the current regime without shocks for Armenia.
Author: Inessa Sargsyan; Source: CK correspondentArticle source
- Rostov Governor asks Medvedev to send more Ukrainian refugees to other regions
- Canada creates International Circassian Organization to Support Repatriation
- Police detain believers in Makhachkala mosques, eyewitnesses report
- Advocate: Dagestani investigators ignore statement about violation of Abdulkadyrov's rights
- Four-year-old girl beaten up in Grozny is in grave condition
- Mayor of Armenian city of Armavir blown up in Karabakh
- Resident of Makhachkala states disappearance of her husband
- In Volgograd, 40 persons rally in support of State Duma MP Nikolai Parshin
- Georgian municipal officials receive unjustified bonuses, says NGO
- Defence Minister of South Ossetia denies detention of his assistant in Lugansk Region