12 July 2013, 23:30
Skirmish of members of "Pre-Parliament of Armenia" and police occurs in Yerevan
During a meeting of the initiative group "Pre-Parliament of Armenia" in Yerevan, a clash burst out between its members and the police; the coordinator of the group Garegin Chugazyan was detained.
Today, about 500 members of the "Pre-Parliament of Armenia" came to Freedom Square in Yerevan. At the end of the meeting, they tried to march to the indoor marketplace; however, the police prevented it, because such an action had not been sanctioned.
The police formed a chain, not letting the activists to move forward. The latter, in their turn, claimed that the police had no right to block the road and demanded to meet police bosses.
"We've just talked about the sickliness of the ruling regime; and here's a bright proof," one of the participants of the action told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.
A clash burst out among the parties, as a result of which Garegin Chugazyan was brought to the police station. After a while, the police allowed the participants to move on along Mashtots Avenue to the indoor marketplace.
Let us remind you that the initiative group "Pre-Parliament of Armenia" was created on November 15, 2012; and it regularly holds public meetings in Freedom Square. One of the goals of the group is to eliminate the current regime without shocks for Armenia.
Author: Inessa Sargsyan; Source: CK correspondent
- Abramyan's detention in Stavropol IVS extended by five days
- Darya Polyudova's case returned for further investigation
- Khadija Ismayilova awarded Barbara Goldsmith's Award "Freedom to Write"
- Krasnodar residents complain about construction of multi-storied building near lake
- Participants of Moscow conference claim negative consequences of non-recognition of Armenian Genocide
- Police initiate investigation into case of beating Gadjimurad Omarov in Makhachkala
- Mikhail Abramyan's party colleagues report on his hunger strike at Stavropol IVS
- In Makhachkala, mosque employee arrested on suspicion of possessing ammunition
- In Sochi, Saveliev family members leave trial on their eviction in protest
- Professor Savva has no intent to return to Russia