12 July 2013, 23:30
Skirmish of members of "Pre-Parliament of Armenia" and police occurs in Yerevan
During a meeting of the initiative group "Pre-Parliament of Armenia" in Yerevan, a clash burst out between its members and the police; the coordinator of the group Garegin Chugazyan was detained.
Today, about 500 members of the "Pre-Parliament of Armenia" came to Freedom Square in Yerevan. At the end of the meeting, they tried to march to the indoor marketplace; however, the police prevented it, because such an action had not been sanctioned.
The police formed a chain, not letting the activists to move forward. The latter, in their turn, claimed that the police had no right to block the road and demanded to meet police bosses.
"We've just talked about the sickliness of the ruling regime; and here's a bright proof," one of the participants of the action told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.
A clash burst out among the parties, as a result of which Garegin Chugazyan was brought to the police station. After a while, the police allowed the participants to move on along Mashtots Avenue to the indoor marketplace.
Let us remind you that the initiative group "Pre-Parliament of Armenia" was created on November 15, 2012; and it regularly holds public meetings in Freedom Square. One of the goals of the group is to eliminate the current regime without shocks for Armenia.
Author: Inessa Sargsyan; Source: CK correspondent
- Novocherkassk court postpones deadline for paying fine for Don Women Union by three months
- Arrested Azerbaijani rights defender Leyla Yunus nominated for Nobel Peace Award
- In Dagestan, DSPU students demand to announce the order on cancellation of department merge
- Developments in Mokha may trigger religious confrontation, Muslims and Georgian Ombudsman believe
- Advocate: power agents’ actions in Vremenny fail to meet CTO objectives
- Court in Chechnya rejects all motions of Kutaev’s defence, advocate says
- Residents of Dagestani Vremenny settlement complain to Children's Ombudsman about lack of warm clothes
- EP calls on Russia's MoJ to withdraw its claim on dissolution of "Memorial"
- Azerbaijan saves oilers who fell into sea during accident at oil-extraction platform
- After meeting with Nils Muižnieks, Azerbaijani activists hope for his help in addressing human rights problems