12 July 2013, 23:30
Skirmish of members of "Pre-Parliament of Armenia" and police occurs in Yerevan
During a meeting of the initiative group "Pre-Parliament of Armenia" in Yerevan, a clash burst out between its members and the police; the coordinator of the group Garegin Chugazyan was detained.
Today, about 500 members of the "Pre-Parliament of Armenia" came to Freedom Square in Yerevan. At the end of the meeting, they tried to march to the indoor marketplace; however, the police prevented it, because such an action had not been sanctioned.
The police formed a chain, not letting the activists to move forward. The latter, in their turn, claimed that the police had no right to block the road and demanded to meet police bosses.
"We've just talked about the sickliness of the ruling regime; and here's a bright proof," one of the participants of the action told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.
A clash burst out among the parties, as a result of which Garegin Chugazyan was brought to the police station. After a while, the police allowed the participants to move on along Mashtots Avenue to the indoor marketplace.
Let us remind you that the initiative group "Pre-Parliament of Armenia" was created on November 15, 2012; and it regularly holds public meetings in Freedom Square. One of the goals of the group is to eliminate the current regime without shocks for Armenia.
Author: Inessa Sargsyan; Source: CK correspondent
- Kizilyurt resident doomed kidnapped found in Dagestan
- Azerbaijani rights defender Anar Mamedli receives Vaclav Havel Award
- Vremenny residents reject power agents' offer to leave their houses
- HRC "Memorial": power agents would not let rights defenders into blocked Vremenny
- PACE to hold side-event on "Unprecedented Repressions in Azerbaijan"
- On September 22-28, three persons fell victim to armed conflict in Northern Caucasus
- Minvody residents demand to investigate beating up of hospital patient
- Murmansk resident reports to police about spending 18 years in slavery in Dagestan
- Sochi residents claim violation of their rights builders of high-rise structure
- Situation in Ukraine acquires traits of Southern Caucasus conflicts, experts believe