27 July 2013, 10:45
Court extends Said Amirov's custody till November 11
On July 26, the Basmanny Court of Moscow extended the arrest of the dismissed Mayor of Makhachkala Said Amirov.
Let us remind you that the issue of Said Amirov's arrest extension was considered by the Basmanny Court of Moscow at the request of the investigation.
Amirov's advocates said at the court session that their client is forced to change his catheter individually for at least ten times a day, which in the SIZO (pre-trial prison) conditions can lead to irreparable consequences.
"The man daily risking his life and health," one of Amirov's advocates said, insisting on changing the freedom restraint measure of his client.
However, in the end, the court granted the investigator's motion to extend Amirov's custody by three months and ten days, the RIA "Novosti" reports.
- EP calls on Russia's MoJ to withdraw its claim on dissolution of "Memorial"
- After meeting with Nils Muižnieks, Azerbaijani activists hope for his help in addressing human rights problems
- Advocate of head of Committee "Mothers from Kuma River Area" appeals against arrest of rights defender
- Azerbaijan sets up "Joint Human Rights Group"
- Rostov-on-Don to open polling station for electing Ukrainian MPs
- MoJ announces its readiness to withdraw claim on dissolution of "Memorial"
- Astrakhan Mayor Stolyarov, accused of bribery, claims he took money for city needs
- Dagestan: law enforcers cordon off Gimry village, local residents report
- Bacho Akhalaya, former head of Georgian MIA, found guilty in "Navtlug" case
- EP to send delegation to Azerbaijan to support Leyla Yunus