27 July 2013, 10:45
Court extends Said Amirov's custody till November 11
On July 26, the Basmanny Court of Moscow extended the arrest of the dismissed Mayor of Makhachkala Said Amirov.
Let us remind you that the issue of Said Amirov's arrest extension was considered by the Basmanny Court of Moscow at the request of the investigation.
Amirov's advocates said at the court session that their client is forced to change his catheter individually for at least ten times a day, which in the SIZO (pre-trial prison) conditions can lead to irreparable consequences.
"The man daily risking his life and health," one of Amirov's advocates said, insisting on changing the freedom restraint measure of his client.
However, in the end, the court granted the investigator's motion to extend Amirov's custody by three months and ten days, the RIA "Novosti" reports.
- "Interfax": Ruslan Geremeev involved in case of Boris Nemtsov's murder as suspect
- "Committee against Torture" challenges court's decision on its registration as "foreign agent"
- Parliaments of Armenia and NKR urge international community to recognize Armenian Genocide
- Russian MIA treats Ramzan Kadyrov's statement about "opening fire" on policemen as unacceptable
- Arrest of Shagid Gubashev extended until August 28
- Zaur Dadaev to stay in custody until August 28
- Ingush woman sentenced for involvement in armed underground
- Descendants of victims of Armenian Genocide visit photo exhibition in Stepanakert
- Rights defenders urge Azerbaijani authorities to release Intigam Aliev
- Resident of Dagestan sentenced for involvement in IAF