27 July 2013, 10:45
Court extends Said Amirov's custody till November 11
On July 26, the Basmanny Court of Moscow extended the arrest of the dismissed Mayor of Makhachkala Said Amirov.
Let us remind you that the issue of Said Amirov's arrest extension was considered by the Basmanny Court of Moscow at the request of the investigation.
Amirov's advocates said at the court session that their client is forced to change his catheter individually for at least ten times a day, which in the SIZO (pre-trial prison) conditions can lead to irreparable consequences.
"The man daily risking his life and health," one of Amirov's advocates said, insisting on changing the freedom restraint measure of his client.
However, in the end, the court granted the investigator's motion to extend Amirov's custody by three months and ten days, the RIA "Novosti" reports.
- Azerbaijani MIA starts investigating attack on rights defender Gyunay Ismaylova
- Azerbaijani rights defenders express concern about Abdula Abilov's health
- Advocates of Azerbaijani citizens, convicted in NKR complain against verdict
- Court in Azerbaijan sentences journalist Seymour Ghazi to five years in prison
- Protesting entrepreneurs block street in front of Armenian President's residence
- Dagestan starts motor rally Makhachkala-Simferopol against caricatures on Prophet Muhammad
- Russia's SC upholds verdict to Tikhonov in case of creating BORN
- CoE and ODIHR of the OSCE welcome court's refusal to liquidate "Memorial"
- Freedom House places NKR among partially free countries
- Magomed Gadjiev sees charges in Dagestan