11 August 2013, 02:12
In 2013, in Chechnya, 14 families of World War II veterans receive funds for improvement of their housing conditions
The Chechen authorities allocate 800,000 roubles to each widow and family of the veterans of World War II, who live in Chechnya, for the improvement of their housing conditions. Starting from the beginning of the year, the housing certificates were issued to 14 families. This was reported by the Ministry of Labour, Employment and Social Development of Chechnya.
According to the Ministry's information, in most cases, the money was needed to renovate housing.
In the near future, the appropriate funds will be allocated to other nine widows of veterans of World War II. The lists for certificates to improve their housing conditions include 725 persons, mostly widows and family members of veterans of World War II.
Meanwhile, many residents of the republic state that they have never heard of such a programme.
"We have submitted documents to receive those funds in the amount of 800,000 roubles; however, we were refused on the grounds that our house was not dilapidated. And it turned out, the fact that our family consisting of seven persons lives in an old small house with an area of only 58 square meters is not a reason to improve our housing conditions," said Salamu, a resident of the Naur District of Chechnya.
In recent years, according to the official information, the authorities of Chechnya pay serious attention to the issue of assistance to veterans of World War II. Starting from 2011, every month, they pay 10,000 roubles to each veteran of World War II. In preceding years, veterans had received assistance in repairs of housing and, besides, they received passenger cars.
Author: Muslim Ibragimov; Source: CK correspondentArticle source
- Azerbaijani rights defender Leyla Yunus arrested for three months
- Azerbaijan GPO bans rights activist Rasul Djafarov to go abroad and arrests his bank accounts
- Volgograd Region: court finds that website "Kavkaz News" is extremist
- Trial on terror act in Sheikh Chirkey's house postponed till September 5
- Consideration of Nadezhda Tsapok's case resumed in Krasnodar Territory
- MCC finds four members of "Hizb ut-Tahrir" guilty in case of putsch planning
- Dagestan starts trial on terror act in house of Sheikh Said Afandi al-Chirkawi
- In Azerbaijan, prosecutors detain IPD Director Leyla Yunus
- Rostov Region: border checkpoints "Gukovo" and "Donetsk" are first observation objects for OSCE mission
- In Dagestan, local residents report on new Imam in mosque of Maidanskoe village