11 August 2013, 02:12
In 2013, in Chechnya, 14 families of World War II veterans receive funds for improvement of their housing conditions
The Chechen authorities allocate 800,000 roubles to each widow and family of the veterans of World War II, who live in Chechnya, for the improvement of their housing conditions. Starting from the beginning of the year, the housing certificates were issued to 14 families. This was reported by the Ministry of Labour, Employment and Social Development of Chechnya.
According to the Ministry's information, in most cases, the money was needed to renovate housing.
In the near future, the appropriate funds will be allocated to other nine widows of veterans of World War II. The lists for certificates to improve their housing conditions include 725 persons, mostly widows and family members of veterans of World War II.
Meanwhile, many residents of the republic state that they have never heard of such a programme.
"We have submitted documents to receive those funds in the amount of 800,000 roubles; however, we were refused on the grounds that our house was not dilapidated. And it turned out, the fact that our family consisting of seven persons lives in an old small house with an area of only 58 square meters is not a reason to improve our housing conditions," said Salamu, a resident of the Naur District of Chechnya.
In recent years, according to the official information, the authorities of Chechnya pay serious attention to the issue of assistance to veterans of World War II. Starting from 2011, every month, they pay 10,000 roubles to each veteran of World War II. In preceding years, veterans had received assistance in repairs of housing and, besides, they received passenger cars.
Author: Muslim Ibragimov; Source: CK correspondent
- Seven hunger-strikers continue demanding Abdulatipov's resignation
- In Volgograd, about 80 persons came to commemorate victims of political repressions
- In Azerbaijan, one of advocates is withdrawn from protection of rights of Leyla Yunus
- Azerbaijani filmmaker Eldaniz Guliev fined for libelling MIA head
- Defenders of sentenced Rostov journalist Alexander Tolmachov disagree with Court's verdict
- In Dagestan, District Court re-takes Patimat Nasibova into custody
- Native of Yeisk becomes defendant in case of private jet crash at Vnukovo Airport
- In Grozny, relatives of disappeared persons obtain 60 genetic passports
- Relatives of murdered rights defender Maksharip Aushev ask to transfer investigation to Ingushetia
- Natives of Northern Caucasus picket Pirogov Medical University in protest against ban on religious clothing