20 December 2013, 00:04
Dagestani Deputy Prime Minister Gadji Makhachev dies in road accident in Moscow
Gadji Makhachev, Deputy Prime Minister of Dagestan, was lost in a road accident that occurred in Kutuzov Avenue in Moscow. The "Caucasian Knot" correspondent has learnt about it from an official of the government of Dagestan.
The road accident occurred in the evening of December 19 and was confirmed by a source from the Dagestani law enforcement bodies. "The Deputy Prime Minister of Dagestan perished in the road accident together with his wife," said the source.
The children of the Deputy Prime Minister, who were with him in the car, were hospitalized, as reported by the RIA "Novosti" with reference to a source from the Dagestani law enforcement bodies.
Author: Makhach Akhmedov; Source: CK correspondent
- Novocherkassk court postpones deadline for paying fine for Don Women Union by three months
- Arrested Azerbaijani rights defender Leyla Yunus nominated for Nobel Peace Award
- Developments in Mokha may trigger religious confrontation, Muslims and Georgian Ombudsman believe
- EP calls on Russia's MoJ to withdraw its claim on dissolution of "Memorial"
- Azerbaijan saves oilers who fell into sea during accident at oil-extraction platform
- After meeting with Nils Muižnieks, Azerbaijani activists hope for his help in addressing human rights problems
- Advocate of head of Committee "Mothers from Kuma River Area" appeals against arrest of rights defender
- Laureates of Rafto Award demand from Azerbaijani authorities to drop charges against Ilgar Nasibov
- Dagestan: hunger-striking students threaten to quit university if their demands are not met till end of week
- Azerbaijan sets up "Joint Human Rights Group"