15 January 2014, 18:58
Olympic torch relay route shortened in Dagestan
For safety reasons, Olympic torch relay in Dagestan will be held in the "Anji Arena", and the number of torchbearers will be cut from 270 to 67. This was reported by an official from the Ministry for Sports of Dagestan.
On January 27, the Olympic torch relay will arrive to Dagestan from Astrakhan. It was to go through the main avenues of Makhachkala, near historic monuments, and to be completed in the central square of the capital of Dagestan.
The "Caucasian Knot" correspondent was told by Olga Gorlova, a chief expert from the Department of Physical Culture of the Ministry for Sports of Dagestan, the above measure was taken to ensure public order, prevent terror acts and extremist actions during the Olympic torch relay.
Ramazan Abdulatipov, the leader of Dagestan, is to attend the ceremony of lighting the Olympic flame bowl. Then, according to Olga Gorlova, the Olympic torch will travel to Grozny.
The "Caucasian Knot" has reported that Ingush law enforcers are also preparing to holding of the Olympic torch relay. It is planned that the Olympic torch relay will be held in two Ingush cities Magas and Nazran.
According to Alikhan Kuzgov, Secretary of the Security Council of Ingushetia, law enforcers "held special sessions and briefings to increase vigilance" among volunteers, torchbearers, and other persons who would have access to the places of the Olympic torch relay in Ingushetia.
Author: Oleg Ionov; Source: CK correspondentArticle source
- Georgia protests against "KaZantip" Festival
- Azerbaijan: Faraj Kerimli, arrested activist of "Musavat" Party, stated his innocence
- Adzinov: 287 Ukrainian refugees have applied for temporary shelter in Volgograd Region
- Chechen residents report sharp rise in food prices on the eve of 'Id al-Fitr (Uraza-Bayram)
- Azerbaijan: teen hospitalized from Karabakh conflict zone with gunshot wound
- Baku police release detained anti-Israel protesters
- Family members of Azerbaijanis detained in Nagorno-Karabakh appeal to Russian President
- Regular soldier from Kirov Region found dead in Dagestan
- Record of Russian soldier on shelling Ukraine appears in social networks; author asserts his page was hacked
- Anti-Israel protesters detained in Baku