31 January 2014, 11:31
Local deputy dies in traffic accident in Dagestan
According to a source from law enforcement bodies, the Chairman of the People's Assembly of the Kulin District of Dagestan died after falling in his off-road Hummer car off a cliff.
The source said that the accident occurred in the afternoon on January 30 in the 146th kilometre of the Mamrash-Tashkapur highway.
Gamzat Guidalaev, the 30-year-old Chairman of the People's Assembly of the Kulin District of Dagestan fell off a 130-meter-high cliff, said a law enforcement officer.
As a result, Guidalaev died at the scene; and the passenger of his car was taken to hospital with grave injuries, the "Interfax" reports.
- Seven hunger-strikers continue demanding Abdulatipov's resignation
- In Volgograd, about 80 persons came to commemorate victims of political repressions
- In Azerbaijan, one of advocates is withdrawn from protection of rights of Leyla Yunus
- Azerbaijani filmmaker Eldaniz Guliev fined for libelling MIA head
- Defenders of sentenced Rostov journalist Alexander Tolmachov disagree with Court's verdict
- In Dagestan, District Court re-takes Patimat Nasibova into custody
- Native of Yeisk becomes defendant in case of private jet crash at Vnukovo Airport
- In Grozny, relatives of disappeared persons obtain 60 genetic passports
- Relatives of murdered rights defender Maksharip Aushev ask to transfer investigation to Ingushetia
- Natives of Northern Caucasus picket Pirogov Medical University in protest against ban on religious clothing