31 January 2014, 11:31
Local deputy dies in traffic accident in Dagestan
According to a source from law enforcement bodies, the Chairman of the People's Assembly of the Kulin District of Dagestan died after falling in his off-road Hummer car off a cliff.
The source said that the accident occurred in the afternoon on January 30 in the 146th kilometre of the Mamrash-Tashkapur highway.
Gamzat Guidalaev, the 30-year-old Chairman of the People's Assembly of the Kulin District of Dagestan fell off a 130-meter-high cliff, said a law enforcement officer.
As a result, Guidalaev died at the scene; and the passenger of his car was taken to hospital with grave injuries, the "Interfax" reports.
- ECtHR holds hearings on denial of Armenian Genocide
- Baku policemen accept application about attack from rights defender Ismaylova
- Two suspected militants' helpers to stand trial in Dagestan
- Ingushetia returns two potential participants of war in Syria
- Court leaves native of Chechnya suspected of Dubrovka terror act in custody
- Stavropol Territory: police and Cossacks urge not to give national context to murder in Minvody
- Russia's SC refuses to MoJ to liquidate "Memorial"
- Court postpones consideration of complaint of HRC "Memorial" till February 12*
- In Armenia, three persons are successors of Avetisyan family
- Azerbaijan: foreign doctors re-examine Leyla Yunus