31 January 2014, 11:31
Local deputy dies in traffic accident in Dagestan
According to a source from law enforcement bodies, the Chairman of the People's Assembly of the Kulin District of Dagestan died after falling in his off-road Hummer car off a cliff.
The source said that the accident occurred in the afternoon on January 30 in the 146th kilometre of the Mamrash-Tashkapur highway.
Gamzat Guidalaev, the 30-year-old Chairman of the People's Assembly of the Kulin District of Dagestan fell off a 130-meter-high cliff, said a law enforcement officer.
As a result, Guidalaev died at the scene; and the passenger of his car was taken to hospital with grave injuries, the "Interfax" reports.
- North-Ossetian Muftiat offers 0.5 million roubles for information about murders of Dudarov and Gamzatov
- Dagestan: over 30 Buynaksk mosque-goers taken to police
- California State Senate adopts resolution recognizing Nagorno-Karabakh
- Court accuses Imam of Chechen mosque of distributing extremist literature
- Chechnya opens fifth Hafiz school
- In Baku, oppositional newspaper "Azadlyg" faces threat of its suspension, deputy editor-in-chief claims
- Missing Shamkhal villager identified among suspected militants killed in special operation in Kizilyurt District
- Azerbaijani rights defender Anar Mamedli nominated for Vaclav Havel Award
- Armenia: court leaves Ovannisyan and Petrosyan, participants of "Million Mask March", under arrest
- Rights defenders: contract soldiers lost in Rostov Region fought in Ukraine