31 January 2014, 11:31
Local deputy dies in traffic accident in Dagestan
According to a source from law enforcement bodies, the Chairman of the People's Assembly of the Kulin District of Dagestan died after falling in his off-road Hummer car off a cliff.
The source said that the accident occurred in the afternoon on January 30 in the 146th kilometre of the Mamrash-Tashkapur highway.
Gamzat Guidalaev, the 30-year-old Chairman of the People's Assembly of the Kulin District of Dagestan fell off a 130-meter-high cliff, said a law enforcement officer.
As a result, Guidalaev died at the scene; and the passenger of his car was taken to hospital with grave injuries, the "Interfax" reports.
- Sochi residents criticize three-day celebration of City Day
- "Memorial" changes its Charter to suit MoJ
- In Armenia, advocates of participants of "Millions Mask March" appeal against conviction
- Azerbaijan: Mirkadyrov's custody extended by 5 months
- Guards and brother of Chechen representative in Ukraine arrested in Moscow
- In Azerbaijan, Leyla Yunus' advocates state sharp deterioration in her health due to malnutrition
- Tbilisi: farewell ceremony with Bendukidze ends with minute of silence
- Residents of Akatsij Street in Sochi complain that they are evicted
- Fast stop of "Khimprom" in Volgograd can lead to disaster, ecologists are warning
- NKR's Defence Army denies any attitude to death of Azerbaijani soldier