31 January 2014, 11:31
Local deputy dies in traffic accident in Dagestan
According to a source from law enforcement bodies, the Chairman of the People's Assembly of the Kulin District of Dagestan died after falling in his off-road Hummer car off a cliff.
The source said that the accident occurred in the afternoon on January 30 in the 146th kilometre of the Mamrash-Tashkapur highway.
Gamzat Guidalaev, the 30-year-old Chairman of the People's Assembly of the Kulin District of Dagestan fell off a 130-meter-high cliff, said a law enforcement officer.
As a result, Guidalaev died at the scene; and the passenger of his car was taken to hospital with grave injuries, the "Interfax" reports.
- Novocherkassk court postpones deadline for paying fine for Don Women Union by three months
- Arrested Azerbaijani rights defender Leyla Yunus nominated for Nobel Peace Award
- ICRF indicts all detainees in Minvody fight case
- Chechnya: relatives of combatant in Syria hope for lenient sentence
- Verdict on massacre in Kuschevskaya upheld by Russia’s SC
- In Dagestan, DSPU students demand to announce the order on cancellation of department merge
- Policeman wounded in special operation in KBR
- Two suspected militants killed in Dagestan
- Moscow commemorates "Nord-Ost" victims on anniversary of hostage-taking
- Developments in Mokha may trigger religious confrontation, Muslims and Georgian Ombudsman believe