31 January 2014, 11:31
Local deputy dies in traffic accident in Dagestan
According to a source from law enforcement bodies, the Chairman of the People's Assembly of the Kulin District of Dagestan died after falling in his off-road Hummer car off a cliff.
The source said that the accident occurred in the afternoon on January 30 in the 146th kilometre of the Mamrash-Tashkapur highway.
Gamzat Guidalaev, the 30-year-old Chairman of the People's Assembly of the Kulin District of Dagestan fell off a 130-meter-high cliff, said a law enforcement officer.
As a result, Guidalaev died at the scene; and the passenger of his car was taken to hospital with grave injuries, the "Interfax" reports.
- Volgograd: rally "For Fair Elections" adopts resolution on violation of their electoral rights
- CTO regime lifted on border of Kazbek and Gumbet Districts of Dagestan
- Azerbaijan: six convicted "Nida" activists petition to president for their release
- In Krasnodar Territory, "Solidarity" activist accused of extremism
- Within a month, activists raise 85,000 roubles to help Russian-speaking elders in Caucasus
- In Krasnodar, activist Alexei Mandrigelya attacked
- Vitishko's advocate: Evgeny managed to improve prisoners' conditions in his colony-settlement in Tambov Region
- In Georgia, refugees plan to march from Poti to Tbilisi in protest
- Astrakhan fire victims demand compensations to be paid before winter
- Kizilyurt resident doomed kidnapped found in Dagestan