31 January 2014, 11:31
Local deputy dies in traffic accident in Dagestan
According to a source from law enforcement bodies, the Chairman of the People's Assembly of the Kulin District of Dagestan died after falling in his off-road Hummer car off a cliff.
The source said that the accident occurred in the afternoon on January 30 in the 146th kilometre of the Mamrash-Tashkapur highway.
Gamzat Guidalaev, the 30-year-old Chairman of the People's Assembly of the Kulin District of Dagestan fell off a 130-meter-high cliff, said a law enforcement officer.
As a result, Guidalaev died at the scene; and the passenger of his car was taken to hospital with grave injuries, the "Interfax" reports.
- Defence of figurants in case of Volgograd terror acts appeals against verdict
- KBR resident convicted for financing militants
- Johar Tsarnaev arrives at court session in Boston
- European Parliament urges Russia to recall alliance treaty with Abkhazia
- Court dealing with the case of Imam of Kislovodsk bans videoing the trial
- International rights defenders urge Putin to investigate attacks on their colleagues
- Residents of Grozny massively cash out money from their bank accounts
- EU criticizes intention of Chechen leader to persecute militants' families
- Court dealing with case of Imangazali Magomedov in Dagestan rejects several defence's motions
- Two militants killed in the Baksan District of the KBR