31 January 2014, 11:31
Local deputy dies in traffic accident in Dagestan
According to a source from law enforcement bodies, the Chairman of the People's Assembly of the Kulin District of Dagestan died after falling in his off-road Hummer car off a cliff.
The source said that the accident occurred in the afternoon on January 30 in the 146th kilometre of the Mamrash-Tashkapur highway.
Gamzat Guidalaev, the 30-year-old Chairman of the People's Assembly of the Kulin District of Dagestan fell off a 130-meter-high cliff, said a law enforcement officer.
As a result, Guidalaev died at the scene; and the passenger of his car was taken to hospital with grave injuries, the "Interfax" reports.
- Armenia: war veteran Avetisyan resumes his hunger strike at Ombudsman's office
- Zaur Dadaev's defence challenges extension of his arrest
- Residents and guests of Armenia bring flowers to "Tsitsernakaberd" memorial for second day
- Builder Mardiros Demerchyan accused of stealing cable at Olympic construction site
- Myth of Ramzan Kadyrov's total control over Chechnya dispelled
- In Lyudmila Bogatenkova's case, court summons two policemen for questioning
- "Kommersant": ICRF to inspect Chechen Investigating Department
- MIA starts checking allegations about torturing Cherkessk resident
- CTO regime cancelled in North Ossetia
- Law enforcers find workshop for IEDs during special operation in Dagestan