17 February 2014, 20:45
Sochi court sentences activist David Khakim to correctional labour
Tonight, the Magistrate Court in Sochi has decided to punish the Sochi activist David Khakim with 30 hours of correctional works, said the lawyer Alexander Popkov.
Let us remind you that David Khakim was detained in Sochi by policemen while holding a picket in defence of the ecologist Evgeny Vitishko.
As explained by Alexander Popkov, with reference to law enforcers, in Sochi, according to the presidential decree, even solo pickets are subject to coordination with the authorities.
David Khakim plans to appeal against the decision of the court, Mr Popkov told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.
Author: Natalia Dorokhina; Source: CK correspondent
- Volgograd: rally "For Fair Elections" adopts resolution on violation of their electoral rights
- Azerbaijan: six convicted "Nida" activists petition to president for their release
- AI calls on journalists to support commemoration of Anna Politkovskaya
- In Krasnodar Territory, "Solidarity" activist accused of extremism
- Within a month, activists raise 85,000 roubles to help Russian-speaking elders in Caucasus
- In Krasnodar, activist Alexei Mandrigelya attacked
- Vitishko's advocate: Evgeny managed to improve prisoners' conditions in his colony-settlement in Tambov Region
- In Georgia, refugees plan to march from Poti to Tbilisi in protest
- Azerbaijan: Leyla Yunus' cellmate demands to punish Leyla's advocate
- Astrakhan fire victims demand compensations to be paid before winter