17 February 2014, 20:45
Sochi court sentences activist David Khakim to correctional labour
Tonight, the Magistrate Court in Sochi has decided to punish the Sochi activist David Khakim with 30 hours of correctional works, said the lawyer Alexander Popkov.
Let us remind you that David Khakim was detained in Sochi by policemen while holding a picket in defence of the ecologist Evgeny Vitishko.
As explained by Alexander Popkov, with reference to law enforcers, in Sochi, according to the presidential decree, even solo pickets are subject to coordination with the authorities.
David Khakim plans to appeal against the decision of the court, Mr Popkov told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.
Author: Natalia Dorokhina; Source: CK correspondent
- Stavropol court upholds verdict to Kislovodsk Imam
- Azerbaijani journalist Khadija Ismayilova wins Anna Politkovskaya Award
- Leader of "Mekhk-Khel" reports detention of his son in Ingushetia
- Chechen resident sentenced to 7 years in colony for "honour killing"
- Court dismisses Jafarov's complaint against rejection of his lawsuit to bank
- On April 20-26, at least 3 persons fell victim to armed conflict in Northern Caucasus
- Residents of Kuban ask to commute sentence for Novorossiysk women for their dancing near WWII memorial
- Leader of Khasavyurt militants in Dagestan, who had sworn allegiance to IS, killed
- On Day of Circassian Flag, Tbilisi opens art exhibition and hosts book presentation
- Dagestani resident claims investigators' inaction in case against police