17 February 2014, 20:45
Sochi court sentences activist David Khakim to correctional labour
Tonight, the Magistrate Court in Sochi has decided to punish the Sochi activist David Khakim with 30 hours of correctional works, said the lawyer Alexander Popkov.
Let us remind you that David Khakim was detained in Sochi by policemen while holding a picket in defence of the ecologist Evgeny Vitishko.
As explained by Alexander Popkov, with reference to law enforcers, in Sochi, according to the presidential decree, even solo pickets are subject to coordination with the authorities.
David Khakim plans to appeal against the decision of the court, Mr Popkov told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.
Author: Natalia Dorokhina; Source: CK correspondent
- ECtHR holds hearings on denial of Armenian Genocide
- Baku policemen accept application about attack from rights defender Ismaylova
- Two suspected militants' helpers to stand trial in Dagestan
- Ingushetia returns two potential participants of war in Syria
- Court leaves native of Chechnya suspected of Dubrovka terror act in custody
- Stavropol Territory: police and Cossacks urge not to give national context to murder in Minvody
- Russia's SC refuses to MoJ to liquidate "Memorial"
- Rights defender Ismaylova reports that Baku police refused to take her application about attack
- Court postpones consideration of complaint of HRC "Memorial" till February 12*
- In Armenia, three persons are successors of Avetisyan family