17 February 2014, 20:45
Sochi court sentences activist David Khakim to correctional labour
Tonight, the Magistrate Court in Sochi has decided to punish the Sochi activist David Khakim with 30 hours of correctional works, said the lawyer Alexander Popkov.
Let us remind you that David Khakim was detained in Sochi by policemen while holding a picket in defence of the ecologist Evgeny Vitishko.
As explained by Alexander Popkov, with reference to law enforcers, in Sochi, according to the presidential decree, even solo pickets are subject to coordination with the authorities.
David Khakim plans to appeal against the decision of the court, Mr Popkov told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.
Author: Natalia Dorokhina; Source: CK correspondent
- In Nalchik, seven persons detained at liquidation of gambling club
- Son of Rafig Dashdamirli, PFPA activist, arrested in Azerbaijan for alleged drug trafficking
- Russia's Cabinet of Ministers approves alliance treaty with Abkhazia
- Azerbaijan: Ilgar Mamedov transferred to colony medical unit
- NAC: militant killed in Derbent was wanted for organizing bombings in Dagestan
- Chechen authorities save power through mass power disconnections, residents assert
- Nalchik has no conditions for disabled, activists of "Accessible Environment" assert
- KBR's SC rejects compensation claim of 55 Chernobyl accident liquidators
- NKR states that Azerbaijan is constantly shelling the area of helicopter crash
- In Dagestan, meeting on Karaman ends in a brawl