17 February 2014, 20:45
Sochi court sentences activist David Khakim to correctional labour
Tonight, the Magistrate Court in Sochi has decided to punish the Sochi activist David Khakim with 30 hours of correctional works, said the lawyer Alexander Popkov.
Let us remind you that David Khakim was detained in Sochi by policemen while holding a picket in defence of the ecologist Evgeny Vitishko.
As explained by Alexander Popkov, with reference to law enforcers, in Sochi, according to the presidential decree, even solo pickets are subject to coordination with the authorities.
David Khakim plans to appeal against the decision of the court, Mr Popkov told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.
Author: Natalia Dorokhina; Source: CK correspondent
- Azerbaijani court rules to arrest journalist Seimur Khazi
- In Grozny, relatives of missing people demand to punish kidnappers
- Dagestan: Mekhelta villagers state problems with receiving compensation for disaster damage
- Family members of Kislovodsk Imam appeal to rights defenders for help in stopping criminal proceedings against him
- Chechen Prosecutor's Office resumes investigation into murder of pregnant woman committed 14 years ago
- In Azerbaijan, Ali Gyulalyev's father claims political motives of case against his son
- Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's defence seeks to postpone trial till September 2015
- In Kutaisi, hunger-striker from SIZO No. 2 taken to hospital
- In Maikop, trial of Zarema Khadjirokova continues without defence
- Armenian soldier found dead at his combat post