17 February 2014, 20:45
Sochi court sentences activist David Khakim to correctional labour
Tonight, the Magistrate Court in Sochi has decided to punish the Sochi activist David Khakim with 30 hours of correctional works, said the lawyer Alexander Popkov.
Let us remind you that David Khakim was detained in Sochi by policemen while holding a picket in defence of the ecologist Evgeny Vitishko.
As explained by Alexander Popkov, with reference to law enforcers, in Sochi, according to the presidential decree, even solo pickets are subject to coordination with the authorities.
David Khakim plans to appeal against the decision of the court, Mr Popkov told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.
Author: Natalia Dorokhina; Source: CK correspondentArticle source
- Dagestan: trial of Abakarova, accused of possessing "suicide bomber's belt", postponed till August 18
- Defence of Leyla Yunus insists on her release from custody
- Authorities of Rostov Region report accommodation of over 40,000 Ukrainian refugees
- Azerbaijani soldier killed in Karabakh conflict zone
- Firearms were planted on resident of Dagestan Musa Magomedov at search, his relatives assert
- "Centre of Legal Technologies": 92 million roubles withdrawn illegally from Nadezhda Tsapok's account
- State Duma MPs, who visited Rostov Region, offer to increase financial aid to Ukrainian refugees
- Defence plans to challenge MCC's verdict on "Hizb ut-Tahrir" case
- Victims' testimonies in "Million Mask March" case confirm defendants' innocence, says the defence
- Dagestani SC postpones session on Zarema Bagavutdinova's case