17 February 2014, 20:45
Sochi court sentences activist David Khakim to correctional labour
Tonight, the Magistrate Court in Sochi has decided to punish the Sochi activist David Khakim with 30 hours of correctional works, said the lawyer Alexander Popkov.
Let us remind you that David Khakim was detained in Sochi by policemen while holding a picket in defence of the ecologist Evgeny Vitishko.
As explained by Alexander Popkov, with reference to law enforcers, in Sochi, according to the presidential decree, even solo pickets are subject to coordination with the authorities.
David Khakim plans to appeal against the decision of the court, Mr Popkov told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.
Author: Natalia Dorokhina; Source: CK correspondent
- Baku: rights defenders urge Brasseur to force Azerbaijani authorities to improve human rights situation
- Grozny celebrates Day of Chechen Woman under enhanced security measures
- Week in the Caucasus: review of main events of September 15-21
- Residents of Gimry and Vremenny report inspections and searches
- Leyla Yunus complains about increased pressure
- KBR: law enforcers promise to investigate use of violence against detainees
- In Yerevan, annual festival "Literary Ark-2014" gathers writers from 11 countries
- Hundred women attend First Congress of Muslim Women of North Ossetia
- KBR residents celebrate Adygs' Day for the first time
- In Nakhichevan, policemen file charge against beaten human rights defender Ilgar Nasibov