17 February 2014, 20:45
Sochi court sentences activist David Khakim to correctional labour
Tonight, the Magistrate Court in Sochi has decided to punish the Sochi activist David Khakim with 30 hours of correctional works, said the lawyer Alexander Popkov.
Let us remind you that David Khakim was detained in Sochi by policemen while holding a picket in defence of the ecologist Evgeny Vitishko.
As explained by Alexander Popkov, with reference to law enforcers, in Sochi, according to the presidential decree, even solo pickets are subject to coordination with the authorities.
David Khakim plans to appeal against the decision of the court, Mr Popkov told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.
Author: Natalia Dorokhina; Source: CK correspondent
- Dagestan: detained residents of Semender released
- Health condition of Dagestani hunger-strikers deteriorates
- Son of employee of STRC "Dagestan" detained by police, advocate says
- Rights defenders call Baku to release political prisoners by European Games
- Man killed in attacking policemen in Dagestan identified
- Volgograd: Youth Consulting and Training Centre fined for working without registration as "foreign agent"
- More and more Russian Muslims among North-Caucasian militants
- Adygea's Govt allocates 3.6 million roubles to purchase housing for victims of political repressions
- Sochi scientists awarded by Russian Govt for water purification method
- Surgery appointed to Sochi resident Pyotr Parpulov, accused of treason