14 March 2014, 10:23
At least three suspected militants killed in CTO in Nalchik
According to preliminary information, as a result of a special operation in Nalchik, held on Friday night, from three to five members of the illegal armed formations (IAFs) were killed. This is reported by law enforcement sources of the Kabardino-Balkarian Republic (KBR).
On Friday, the city of Nalchik was put under the counterterrorist operation (CTO) regime; a private household located in Shortanov Street was blocked as a part of the CTO.
"In the course of the operation, five militants were liquidated in Shortanov Street, Tengiz Guketlov, born in 1983, the leader of the bandit underground of the KBR," a law enforcement source told the RIA "Kabardino-Balkaria".
In his turn, another source, referred to by the portal "SK-News.Ru", said that the household blocked by power agents is located opposite the First City Maternity Hospital; and at least three militants were killed there.
- Suren Gazaryan, Kuban "EcoWatch" activist, put on international wanted list
- In Volgograd, unidentified persons blow up ATM with grenade
- In Gyumri, Valery Permyakov to undergo forensic psychiatric examination
- Chief physician of district polyclinic shot dead in Derbent
- Sochi resident accused of treason reports on abuses in SIZO
- Tlisova: court questions six prosecution witnesses at Tsarnaev's trial
- Dagestan: detained residents of Semender released
- Health condition of Dagestani hunger-strikers deteriorates
- Son of employee of STRC "Dagestan" detained by police, advocate says
- Rights defenders call Baku to release political prisoners by European Games