14 March 2014, 10:23
At least three suspected militants killed in CTO in Nalchik
According to preliminary information, as a result of a special operation in Nalchik, held on Friday night, from three to five members of the illegal armed formations (IAFs) were killed. This is reported by law enforcement sources of the Kabardino-Balkarian Republic (KBR).
On Friday, the city of Nalchik was put under the counterterrorist operation (CTO) regime; a private household located in Shortanov Street was blocked as a part of the CTO.
"In the course of the operation, five militants were liquidated in Shortanov Street, Tengiz Guketlov, born in 1983, the leader of the bandit underground of the KBR," a law enforcement source told the RIA "Kabardino-Balkaria".
In his turn, another source, referred to by the portal "SK-News.Ru", said that the household blocked by power agents is located opposite the First City Maternity Hospital; and at least three militants were killed there.
- "Musavat" activist Kerimli was detained on suspicion of drug possession, Azerbaijani MIA asserts
- Georgian ensemble "Sukhishvili" cancels its concert in Russia
- Doctors in Grozny decide not to drive the beaten girl out of coma
- Relatives of Almaz Abdulnasyrov, killed in Stavropol Territory, asks prosecutors to check police's actions
- Prigorodny District of North Ossetia gives foodstuffs to needy people
- In Makhachkala, police release all detained believers
- Body of missing resident of Dagestan found
- Convicted member of Tsapok's gang stops hunger strike, Prosecutor's Office of Krasnodar Territory reports
- Faraj Kerimli, activist of "Musavat" Party, detained in Azerbaijan
- In Adygea, participants of the library flash mob give out 50 books