14 March 2014, 10:23
At least three suspected militants killed in CTO in Nalchik
According to preliminary information, as a result of a special operation in Nalchik, held on Friday night, from three to five members of the illegal armed formations (IAFs) were killed. This is reported by law enforcement sources of the Kabardino-Balkarian Republic (KBR).
On Friday, the city of Nalchik was put under the counterterrorist operation (CTO) regime; a private household located in Shortanov Street was blocked as a part of the CTO.
"In the course of the operation, five militants were liquidated in Shortanov Street, Tengiz Guketlov, born in 1983, the leader of the bandit underground of the KBR," a law enforcement source told the RIA "Kabardino-Balkaria".
In his turn, another source, referred to by the portal "SK-News.Ru", said that the household blocked by power agents is located opposite the First City Maternity Hospital; and at least three militants were killed there.
- Stavropol court upholds verdict to Kislovodsk Imam
- Azerbaijani journalist Khadija Ismayilova wins Anna Politkovskaya Award
- Leader of "Mekhk-Khel" reports detention of his son in Ingushetia
- Chechen resident sentenced to 7 years in colony for "honour killing"
- Court dismisses Jafarov's complaint against rejection of his lawsuit to bank
- Residents of Kuban ask to commute sentence for Novorossiysk women for their dancing near WWII memorial
- Leader of Khasavyurt militants in Dagestan, who had sworn allegiance to IS, killed
- On Day of Circassian Flag, Tbilisi opens art exhibition and hosts book presentation
- Dagestani resident claims investigators' inaction in case against police
- Sochi investigators interrogate "EcoWatch" activist Vladimir Kimaev