14 March 2014, 10:23
At least three suspected militants killed in CTO in Nalchik
According to preliminary information, as a result of a special operation in Nalchik, held on Friday night, from three to five members of the illegal armed formations (IAFs) were killed. This is reported by law enforcement sources of the Kabardino-Balkarian Republic (KBR).
On Friday, the city of Nalchik was put under the counterterrorist operation (CTO) regime; a private household located in Shortanov Street was blocked as a part of the CTO.
"In the course of the operation, five militants were liquidated in Shortanov Street, Tengiz Guketlov, born in 1983, the leader of the bandit underground of the KBR," a law enforcement source told the RIA "Kabardino-Balkaria".
In his turn, another source, referred to by the portal "SK-News.Ru", said that the household blocked by power agents is located opposite the First City Maternity Hospital; and at least three militants were killed there.
- Experts treat detentions of young men with beards in Chechnya as sign of totalitarianism
- "Imarat Kavkaz" is rapidly losing its influence in Dagestan
- Journalist Elchin Mamed released after questioning in Azerbaijan
- Askandarov's advocate again fails to see him
- Film "The Family" outrages Chechen TV Companies
- Deni Mirzoev arrested in courtroom
- Journalist Elchin Mamed detained in Azerbaijan
- Investigators appoint new examinations in Boris Nemtsov's murder case
- Two policemen in Elista accused of beating detainee
- Zelimkhan Khangoshvili wounded in Tbilisi