14 March 2014, 10:23
At least three suspected militants killed in CTO in Nalchik
According to preliminary information, as a result of a special operation in Nalchik, held on Friday night, from three to five members of the illegal armed formations (IAFs) were killed. This is reported by law enforcement sources of the Kabardino-Balkarian Republic (KBR).
On Friday, the city of Nalchik was put under the counterterrorist operation (CTO) regime; a private household located in Shortanov Street was blocked as a part of the CTO.
"In the course of the operation, five militants were liquidated in Shortanov Street, Tengiz Guketlov, born in 1983, the leader of the bandit underground of the KBR," a law enforcement source told the RIA "Kabardino-Balkaria".
In his turn, another source, referred to by the portal "SK-News.Ru", said that the household blocked by power agents is located opposite the First City Maternity Hospital; and at least three militants were killed there.
- OSCE calls on Azerbaijan to find attackers on rights defender Nasibov
- NAC:two Khasavyurt casualties pre-identified
- BCA dismisses all defence's motions at trial of CEMDT head
- Khadjimba's and Bzhaniya's election campaigns pass without obstacles, their offices report
- Advocate of Dagestani resident accused of plotting terror act cannot get case materials from the court
- Azerbaijani GPO questions IRFS accountant
- Ukrainian customs officers start clearing first trucks of Russian humanitarian convoy
- Azerbaijani rights defender Emil Mamedov pleads not guilty at trial
- Chechen residents could reject law enforcers' night questioning, experts assert
- Armenian rights defenders launch international inquiry into Karen Petrosyan's death