14 March 2014, 10:23
At least three suspected militants killed in CTO in Nalchik
According to preliminary information, as a result of a special operation in Nalchik, held on Friday night, from three to five members of the illegal armed formations (IAFs) were killed. This is reported by law enforcement sources of the Kabardino-Balkarian Republic (KBR).
On Friday, the city of Nalchik was put under the counterterrorist operation (CTO) regime; a private household located in Shortanov Street was blocked as a part of the CTO.
"In the course of the operation, five militants were liquidated in Shortanov Street, Tengiz Guketlov, born in 1983, the leader of the bandit underground of the KBR," a law enforcement source told the RIA "Kabardino-Balkaria".
In his turn, another source, referred to by the portal "SK-News.Ru", said that the household blocked by power agents is located opposite the First City Maternity Hospital; and at least three militants were killed there.
- Azerbaijani rights defender Leyla Yunus arrested for three months
- Azerbaijan GPO bans rights activist Rasul Djafarov to go abroad and arrests his bank accounts
- Volgograd Region: court finds that website "Kavkaz News" is extremist
- Trial on terror act in Sheikh Chirkey's house postponed till September 5
- Consideration of Nadezhda Tsapok's case resumed in Krasnodar Territory
- MCC finds four members of "Hizb ut-Tahrir" guilty in case of putsch planning
- Dagestan starts trial on terror act in house of Sheikh Said Afandi al-Chirkawi
- In Azerbaijan, prosecutors detain IPD Director Leyla Yunus
- Rostov Region: border checkpoints "Gukovo" and "Donetsk" are first observation objects for OSCE mission
- In Dagestan, local residents report on new Imam in mosque of Maidanskoe village