14 March 2014, 10:23
At least three suspected militants killed in CTO in Nalchik
According to preliminary information, as a result of a special operation in Nalchik, held on Friday night, from three to five members of the illegal armed formations (IAFs) were killed. This is reported by law enforcement sources of the Kabardino-Balkarian Republic (KBR).
On Friday, the city of Nalchik was put under the counterterrorist operation (CTO) regime; a private household located in Shortanov Street was blocked as a part of the CTO.
"In the course of the operation, five militants were liquidated in Shortanov Street, Tengiz Guketlov, born in 1983, the leader of the bandit underground of the KBR," a law enforcement source told the RIA "Kabardino-Balkaria".
In his turn, another source, referred to by the portal "SK-News.Ru", said that the household blocked by power agents is located opposite the First City Maternity Hospital; and at least three militants were killed there.
- Defence of Timur Tangiev hopes for review of his sentence
- In Tbilisi, participants of rally demand resignation of government
- Buynaksk residents complain that power agents tore away poster with text from Koran
- Court extends detention of Rashid Isaev
- MCC upholds extension of arrest of defendant in case of terror act at Dubrovka Theatre
- Defendants in case of explosion in Sheikh al-Chirkawi's house plead not guilty
- US impose sanctions against leader of "Imarat Kavkaz"
- Experts evidence to court in Adygea on agro holding's suit to ecologist Brinikh
- Court finds Dagestani resident guilty of aiding and abetting militants
- Law enforcers name nine Chechen residents fighting in Syria