23 May 2014, 13:20
NAC announces completion of CTO in Baksan; FSB officer killed
A source from the Russian National Antiterrorist Committee (NAC) has informed the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent that in the course of a special operation held on Friday, May 23, in the city of Baksan in the Kabardino-Balkarian Republic (KBR), apart from four suspected militants, an FSB officer was killed. On midday, the counterterrorist operation (CTO) regime was lifted.
Earlier, power agents blocked one of private houses, in which, according to their version, militants were hiding. During a special operation residents of neighbouring houses were evacuated. In response to the offer to surrender, the people who were in the house opened fire; and a shootout began.
The suspected militants waged an intense fire on law enforcers out of the dugout, a source from the NAC told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent. According to his story an officer of the Russian FSB was deadly wounded in the armed clash; there are no casualties among civilians.
Let us remind you that after the operation the NAC reported about the liquidation of four members of an illegal armed formation (IAF), including its head Astemir Berkhamov. According to the NAC, this IAF was an element of the terrorist organization "Imarat Kavkaz"; and all the killed militants were wanted for involvement in killings.
Author: Lyudmila Maratova; Source: CK correspondent
- Sochi court dismisses all petitions of builder Demerchyan's advocates
- MCC refuses to postpone punishment to figurant in Politkovskaya's murder case
- KBR: IED neutralized on "Kavkaz" Highway
- Dagestani SC overturns acquittal of doctor Gunashev accused of links with militants
- Rostov Region: court sentences three ex-policemen to four years in colony each for beating a victim
- During week of September 8-14, 2014, two persons fell victim to armed conflict in Northern Caucasus
- "Map of Election Fraud" receives 35 reports from Southern Russia
- Shein demands vote recount at election of Astrakhan Governor
- Attacks on journalists in Armenia result from impunity, NGOs state
- In Volgograd Region, CPRF members file five complaints about election violations