23 May 2014, 13:20
NAC announces completion of CTO in Baksan; FSB officer killed
A source from the Russian National Antiterrorist Committee (NAC) has informed the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent that in the course of a special operation held on Friday, May 23, in the city of Baksan in the Kabardino-Balkarian Republic (KBR), apart from four suspected militants, an FSB officer was killed. On midday, the counterterrorist operation (CTO) regime was lifted.
Earlier, power agents blocked one of private houses, in which, according to their version, militants were hiding. During a special operation residents of neighbouring houses were evacuated. In response to the offer to surrender, the people who were in the house opened fire; and a shootout began.
The suspected militants waged an intense fire on law enforcers out of the dugout, a source from the NAC told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent. According to his story an officer of the Russian FSB was deadly wounded in the armed clash; there are no casualties among civilians.
Let us remind you that after the operation the NAC reported about the liquidation of four members of an illegal armed formation (IAF), including its head Astemir Berkhamov. According to the NAC, this IAF was an element of the terrorist organization "Imarat Kavkaz"; and all the killed militants were wanted for involvement in killings.
Author: Lyudmila Maratova; Source: CK correspondent
- Case of Migaev, a native of Chechnya, sent to SC
- Female suicide bomber who blew up bus in Nevinnomyssk in 2007 identified
- NAC confirms killing of six militants in Dagestan
- In Khimki, near Moscow, advocate of Ingush native, accused of robbery, states incorrect qualification of offence
- 34 Ukrainian resettlers arrive in Stavropol from Rostov-on-Don
- In Dagestan, number of persons killed in special operation reaches ten
- In Azerbaijan, Court arrests for three months rights defender Talekh Khasmamedov accused of disorderly conduct
- Darya Polyudova reports on deterioration of her health at SIZO
- One more Gyumri protester charged with disorderly conduct
- Magomed Aushev brought home from Nalchik hospital