23 May 2014, 13:20
NAC announces completion of CTO in Baksan; FSB officer killed
A source from the Russian National Antiterrorist Committee (NAC) has informed the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent that in the course of a special operation held on Friday, May 23, in the city of Baksan in the Kabardino-Balkarian Republic (KBR), apart from four suspected militants, an FSB officer was killed. On midday, the counterterrorist operation (CTO) regime was lifted.
Earlier, power agents blocked one of private houses, in which, according to their version, militants were hiding. During a special operation residents of neighbouring houses were evacuated. In response to the offer to surrender, the people who were in the house opened fire; and a shootout began.
The suspected militants waged an intense fire on law enforcers out of the dugout, a source from the NAC told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent. According to his story an officer of the Russian FSB was deadly wounded in the armed clash; there are no casualties among civilians.
Let us remind you that after the operation the NAC reported about the liquidation of four members of an illegal armed formation (IAF), including its head Astemir Berkhamov. According to the NAC, this IAF was an element of the terrorist organization "Imarat Kavkaz"; and all the killed militants were wanted for involvement in killings.
Author: Lyudmila Maratova; Source: CK correspondentArticle source
- MIA of KChR: one of suspects of killing MP Kunizhev is ready to surrender
- Russia's MFA: placement of OSCE observers at two border checkpoints in Rostov Region agreed
- Two wounded Ukrainian servicemen hospitalized today in Rostov Region
- Azerbaijani Centre to Resist Repressions calls to boycott European Games-2015 in Baku
- "Musavat" activist Kerimli was detained on suspicion of drug possession, Azerbaijani MIA asserts
- Georgian ensemble "Sukhishvili" cancels its concert in Russia
- Doctors in Grozny decide not to drive the beaten girl out of coma
- Relatives of Almaz Abdulnasyrov, killed in Stavropol Territory, asks prosecutors to check police's actions
- Dagestani SC starts considering appeal against Zarema Bagavutdinova's verdict
- Prigorodny District of North Ossetia gives foodstuffs to needy people