23 May 2014, 13:20
NAC announces completion of CTO in Baksan; FSB officer killed
A source from the Russian National Antiterrorist Committee (NAC) has informed the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent that in the course of a special operation held on Friday, May 23, in the city of Baksan in the Kabardino-Balkarian Republic (KBR), apart from four suspected militants, an FSB officer was killed. On midday, the counterterrorist operation (CTO) regime was lifted.
Earlier, power agents blocked one of private houses, in which, according to their version, militants were hiding. During a special operation residents of neighbouring houses were evacuated. In response to the offer to surrender, the people who were in the house opened fire; and a shootout began.
The suspected militants waged an intense fire on law enforcers out of the dugout, a source from the NAC told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent. According to his story an officer of the Russian FSB was deadly wounded in the armed clash; there are no casualties among civilians.
Let us remind you that after the operation the NAC reported about the liquidation of four members of an illegal armed formation (IAF), including its head Astemir Berkhamov. According to the NAC, this IAF was an element of the terrorist organization "Imarat Kavkaz"; and all the killed militants were wanted for involvement in killings.
Author: Lyudmila Maratova; Source: CK correspondent
- Resident of Ingushetia sentenced to 13 years in prison for blowing up APC with OMON fighters in Chechnya
- Baku hosts action demanding release of Askerov and Guliev detained in NKR
- Law enforcers cancel CTO regime in Untsukul District of Dagestan
- Twenty-three Georgian cities hold actions against use of violence to women
- In Karabudakhkent District, law enforcers planted firearms on a local, his relatives assert
- Rights defender Elchin Namazov arrested in Azerbaijan
- Over 300 turkologists come to Moscow conference on history of Karachay-Balkar people
- Three Makhachkala women suspend hunger strike demanding Abdulatipov's resignation
- Russia's SC upholds verdict to figurants of terror act in Domodedovo
- Inmates stop hunger strike in Batumi prison