23 May 2014, 13:20
NAC announces completion of CTO in Baksan; FSB officer killed
A source from the Russian National Antiterrorist Committee (NAC) has informed the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent that in the course of a special operation held on Friday, May 23, in the city of Baksan in the Kabardino-Balkarian Republic (KBR), apart from four suspected militants, an FSB officer was killed. On midday, the counterterrorist operation (CTO) regime was lifted.
Earlier, power agents blocked one of private houses, in which, according to their version, militants were hiding. During a special operation residents of neighbouring houses were evacuated. In response to the offer to surrender, the people who were in the house opened fire; and a shootout began.
The suspected militants waged an intense fire on law enforcers out of the dugout, a source from the NAC told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent. According to his story an officer of the Russian FSB was deadly wounded in the armed clash; there are no casualties among civilians.
Let us remind you that after the operation the NAC reported about the liquidation of four members of an illegal armed formation (IAF), including its head Astemir Berkhamov. According to the NAC, this IAF was an element of the terrorist organization "Imarat Kavkaz"; and all the killed militants were wanted for involvement in killings.
Author: Lyudmila Maratova; Source: CK correspondent
- Sochi court finds builder Demerchyan guilty of false denunciation
- Court finds Nadezhda Tsapok guilty of land fraud
- MfE: the basic version of fire in rights defenders' office in Grozny is arson
- Court session on suit of Chechen MIA against Amriev who stated torture by police postponed till December 25
- Hassan Zakayev, native of Chechnya, suspected of aiding organizers of Dubrovka terror act in Moscow
- Court session on MoJ's lawsuit on liquidation of "Memorial" postponed at request of rights defenders
- In Chechnya, case of Khasan Edilkhanov accused of involvement in war in Syria sent to court
- Power agents' actions did not interfere with work of authorities, Khasavyurt administration asserts
- AI announces journalist Khadija Ismayilova to be "prisoner of conscience"
- In Moscow, participants of Journalists' Memorial Day paid tribute to Akhmednabiyev and Kuashev