Djemikent traffic police checkpoint after explosion, February 15, 2016. Photo: http://nac.gov.ru/kontrterroristicheskie-operacii/v-derbentskom-rayone-dagestana-u-posta-dps.html

20 February 2016, 12:02

Four suspects detained in connection with explosion in Djemikent

Four persons have been detained on suspicion of organizing the explosion near the Djemikent GIBDD (traffic police) post, said a law enforcement source of Dagestan.

The "Caucasian Knot" has reported that the explosion at the GIBDD post near the village of Djemikent occurred in the morning on February 15. Dagestani authorities confirmed the death of two policemen and 18 others wounded in the explosion; other sources reported four casualties, including the suicide bomber.

"In the course of investigatory actions, four persons were detained, including two, who, according to preliminary data, had directly assisted the suicide bomber to trigger the bomb," the RIA "Novosti" quotes the source as saying.

The source has added that during searches of the houses of two detainees, homemade bombs were found.

Besides, the source has confirmed that the blast was committed by Magomedali Murliev, a 25-year-old native of Suleiman-Stalsky District, who was a member of the criminal grouping "Yuzhnaya" (Southern).

"Examination has established that the suicide bomber was Magomedali Murliev, born in 1991. He had been in hiding for 1.5 years, and on the federal wanted list," said the source.

Let us remind you that earlier the suicide bomber was pre-identified as Admir Talibov, a native of Dagestan and a student of the Astrakhan University. According to power agents, he was a supporter of the ideology of the "Islamic State" (IS), banned in Russia as a terrorist organization. The latter claimed responsibility for organizing the explosion.

Full text of the article is available on the Russian page of 24/7 Internet agency ‘Caucasian Knot’.

Form of mobile communication
SMS: 8 903-767-6060
Know more? Do not be silent!
Lt feedback banner
All news

June 24, 2016 22:22

  • Claimant in case of kidnapping resident of Ingushetia dissatisfied with ECtHR's decision

    Ibragim Tsechoev, the claimant in the case "Tsechoev vs. Russia", is dissatisfied with the decision of the European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR), despite the fact that the court had sided with him. He believes that the court had disregarded his version, set out in the complaint, of the kidnapping in 2012 of his brother Abu-Bakar Tsechoev, a resident of Ingushetia.

June 24, 2016 21:33

  • Pope Francis reaffirms Armenian Genocide

    Pope Francis, who has begun his visit to Armenia today, has reaffirmed his attitude to massacres of Armenians in the Ottoman Empire in 1915, treating them again as genocide.

June 24, 2016 20:43

June 24, 2016 14:44

June 24, 2016 13:43

News archive