27 July 2004, 20:55
Rebels attacked Ingushetia with Maskhadov's permission
The editors of the Caucasian Knot have got information spread by the Information and Analytical Center of the President of the Chechen Republic of Ichkeria. The document sums up the rebel attack on Ingushetia made by "the Ingush sector of the Western Front of the Ichkerian Armed Forces". This operation is called the Bekkham operation.
"Having received video materials and reports from commanders of military units under his control, Commander-in-Chief and President of the Chechen Republic of Ichkeria Aslan Maskhadov presented a general account of the operation in Ingushetia to the public. Aslan Maskhadov confirmed first that he personally had not taken part in the operation but it had been launched with his consent and permission," the Information and Analytical Center reported. "Armed forces of the Resistance from three sectors, namely Sunzha, Ingush and Achkhoy-Martan ones, were involved" in the operation. "The total number of fighters who participated in it came up to 950 people." The operation lasted no longer than 8 hours, as reported by the rebel command. Chechen commanders Shamil Basayev and Dokku Umarov took part in it. 6 rebels are reported to have been killed in clashes.
Besides, separatists published a report by the Military Committee of the Chechen Republic of Ichkeria informing about a large amount of weapons, ammunition and explosives captured in Ingushetia, which "let the Resistance beef up the army and equip new units." "The most part of the weapons and ammunition is taken to the territory of Chechnya, stored in caches and prepared for distribution," reads the report.
Source: Caucasian Knot
- Infographics. Statistics of victims in Northern Caucasus in July 2014 under the data of the Caucasian Knot
- NAC identifies Makhachkala CTO casualties as Asad Abdullaev and Magomed Yunusov
- Sovietskiy District of Makhachkala put under CTO regime
- OSCE observers fix no traffic of armoured vehicles across Russian-Ukrainian border
- Dagestan: Gasanov's advocate complains about investigators' inaction
- On August 11-17, Rasul Gamzatov was the only victim of armed conflict in Northern Caucasus
- Rasul Gamzatov is the fourth Islamic figure killed in Northern Caucasus in 2014
- In Dagestan, court arrests Akhmed Nurmagomedov for two months
- Dagestan: policemen put physical pressure on detainee Akhmed Nurmagomedov, his advocate asserts
- Dagestani woman sentenced on charges of involvement in armed underground