12 August 2005, 20:06
Senior rebel's relative abducted
Unidentified persons in camouflage uniforms abducted Ichkeria Vice President Doku Umarov's sister Natasha Khumaidov in the southwest of Chechnya on the night of 12 August.
This is what a source with republican law enforcement agencies told Caucasian Knot. He said the woman was brought away from her own home in Zapadnaya St in Urus-Martan.
The abductors were armed with automatic weapons. They broke into Natasha's home late at night and brought her away threatening physical violence, said the interlocutor.
Author: Sultan Abubakarov, CK correspondent;
- Rally in Yerevan blames Armenian President for violating presumption of innocence
- Advocates of Intigam Aliev could not meet their client in SIZO
- Ten Zverevo residents go on endless hunger strike demanding to return utility benefits
- Dagestan reopens investigation into Sapiyat Magomedova's beating
- UN delegates see no reasons for international help to Ukrainian refugees in Rostov Region
- Residents of Vremenny village claim law enforcers destroy household structures
- Volgograd: rally "For Fair Elections" adopts resolution on violation of their electoral rights
- CTO regime lifted on border of Kazbek and Gumbet Districts of Dagestan
- AI calls on journalists to support commemoration of Anna Politkovskaya
- In Krasnodar Territory, "Solidarity" activist accused of extremism