12 August 2005, 20:06
Senior rebel's relative abducted
Unidentified persons in camouflage uniforms abducted Ichkeria Vice President Doku Umarov's sister Natasha Khumaidov in the southwest of Chechnya on the night of 12 August.
This is what a source with republican law enforcement agencies told Caucasian Knot. He said the woman was brought away from her own home in Zapadnaya St in Urus-Martan.
The abductors were armed with automatic weapons. They broke into Natasha's home late at night and brought her away threatening physical violence, said the interlocutor.
Author: Sultan Abubakarov, CK correspondent;
- In Buynaksk, mosque-goers released from police
- In Makhachkala, journalists granted awards in memory of Khadjimurad Kamalov
- Relatives of Dagestani resident Zamir Pashaev report on his kidnapping
- Darya Polyudova released after 10-day arrest
- In Dagestan, man killed in shootout
- Policeman shelled on Makhachkala-Buynaksk road
- Law enforcers carry out targeted checks in CTO area in Dagestan
- Arsen Gadjibekov's brother confirms threats voiced by Said Amirov against Arsen
- In Chechnya, marriage of man and minor girl raises debates about polygamy
- Russian soldiers detain shepherd in conflict zone between Georgia and South Ossetia