12 August 2005, 20:06
Senior rebel's relative abducted
Unidentified persons in camouflage uniforms abducted Ichkeria Vice President Doku Umarov's sister Natasha Khumaidov in the southwest of Chechnya on the night of 12 August.
This is what a source with republican law enforcement agencies told Caucasian Knot. He said the woman was brought away from her own home in Zapadnaya St in Urus-Martan.
The abductors were armed with automatic weapons. They broke into Natasha's home late at night and brought her away threatening physical violence, said the interlocutor.
Author: Sultan Abubakarov, CK correspondent;
- Five mosque-goers detained in Makhachkala, eyewitnesses report
- In Chechnya Ruslan Kutaev has his imprisonment reduced by two months
- Rostov journalist Alexander Tolmachov appealed against his conviction
- Volgograd: at trial on terror acts Dadaev again refuses to plead guilty
- PFPA activist Mukhammed Mirzali arrested in Azerbaijan
- ECtHR asks Russia to clarify the case of inmate of Stavropol penal colony
- Volgograd mothers of large families see no reaction to their pickets in Moscow
- Ingushetia cancels celebration events for jubilee of its first President Ruslan Aushev
- In Moscow, Pirogov Medical University to introduce medical uniform instead of ban on religious clothes
- HRC "Memorial" releases list of 46 political prisoners