12 August 2005, 20:06
Senior rebel's relative abducted
Unidentified persons in camouflage uniforms abducted Ichkeria Vice President Doku Umarov's sister Natasha Khumaidov in the southwest of Chechnya on the night of 12 August.
This is what a source with republican law enforcement agencies told Caucasian Knot. He said the woman was brought away from her own home in Zapadnaya St in Urus-Martan.
The abductors were armed with automatic weapons. They broke into Natasha's home late at night and brought her away threatening physical violence, said the interlocutor.
Author: Sultan Abubakarov, CK correspondent;
- EP calls on Russia's MoJ to withdraw its claim on dissolution of "Memorial"
- After meeting with Nils Muižnieks, Azerbaijani activists hope for his help in addressing human rights problems
- Advocate of head of Committee "Mothers from Kuma River Area" appeals against arrest of rights defender
- Azerbaijan sets up "Joint Human Rights Group"
- Rostov-on-Don to open polling station for electing Ukrainian MPs
- MoJ announces its readiness to withdraw claim on dissolution of "Memorial"
- Astrakhan Mayor Stolyarov, accused of bribery, claims he took money for city needs
- Dagestan: law enforcers cordon off Gimry village, local residents report
- Bacho Akhalaya, former head of Georgian MIA, found guilty in "Navtlug" case
- EP to send delegation to Azerbaijan to support Leyla Yunus