12 August 2005, 20:06
Senior rebel's relative abducted
Unidentified persons in camouflage uniforms abducted Ichkeria Vice President Doku Umarov's sister Natasha Khumaidov in the southwest of Chechnya on the night of 12 August.
This is what a source with republican law enforcement agencies told Caucasian Knot. He said the woman was brought away from her own home in Zapadnaya St in Urus-Martan.
The abductors were armed with automatic weapons. They broke into Natasha's home late at night and brought her away threatening physical violence, said the interlocutor.
Author: Sultan Abubakarov, CK correspondent;
- Human rights defenders and diplomats comdemn impunity in Akhmednabiev case
- Over 400 refugees return daily to Ukraine from Russia through Rostov Region
- SIS of Armenia starts investigating attack on "A1+" journalist
- Prosecutor's Office refuses to open criminal case on beating journalist Farkhadoglu in Baku
- "Rodina" candidate for Volgograd Regional Duma demands to recount ballots at 10 polling stations
- Armenian CoA upholds verdict to Volodya Avetisyan
- At UN HRC session, "Article-19" demands from Russian authorities to reopen inquiry into Ahmednabiev's killing
- Dagestani court convicts Abakarova for possessing "suicide belt"
- In Azerbaijan, Leyla Yunus' advocate stats that she is pressed by two cellmates
- Krasnodar Territory to deploy over 70 TACs for Ukrainian refugees