12 August 2005, 20:06
Senior rebel's relative abducted
Unidentified persons in camouflage uniforms abducted Ichkeria Vice President Doku Umarov's sister Natasha Khumaidov in the southwest of Chechnya on the night of 12 August.
This is what a source with republican law enforcement agencies told Caucasian Knot. He said the woman was brought away from her own home in Zapadnaya St in Urus-Martan.
The abductors were armed with automatic weapons. They broke into Natasha's home late at night and brought her away threatening physical violence, said the interlocutor.
Author: Sultan Abubakarov, CK correspondent;
- Dagestan: detained residents of Semender released
- Health condition of Dagestani hunger-strikers deteriorates
- Son of employee of STRC "Dagestan" detained by police, advocate says
- Rights defenders call Baku to release political prisoners by European Games
- Man killed in attacking policemen in Dagestan identified
- Volgograd: Youth Consulting and Training Centre fined for working without registration as "foreign agent"
- More and more Russian Muslims among North-Caucasian militants
- Adygea's Govt allocates 3.6 million roubles to purchase housing for victims of political repressions
- Surgery appointed to Sochi resident Pyotr Parpulov, accused of treason
- Boris Nemtsov buried in Moscow