12 August 2005, 20:06
Senior rebel's relative abducted
Unidentified persons in camouflage uniforms abducted Ichkeria Vice President Doku Umarov's sister Natasha Khumaidov in the southwest of Chechnya on the night of 12 August.
This is what a source with republican law enforcement agencies told Caucasian Knot. He said the woman was brought away from her own home in Zapadnaya St in Urus-Martan.
The abductors were armed with automatic weapons. They broke into Natasha's home late at night and brought her away threatening physical violence, said the interlocutor.
Author: Sultan Abubakarov, CK correspondent;
- In Grozny, relatives of missing people demand to punish kidnappers
- Family members of Kislovodsk Imam appeal to rights defenders for help in stopping criminal proceedings against him
- Chechen Prosecutor's Office resumes investigation into murder of pregnant woman committed 14 years ago
- In Azerbaijan, Ali Gyulalyev's father claims political motives of case against his son
- Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's defence seeks to postpone trial till September 2015
- In Kutaisi, hunger-striker from SIZO No. 2 taken to hospital
- International Society ‘Memorial’ calls for cessation of military aggression against Ukraine. Appeal to the President of the Russian Federation
- In Tbilisi, five NGO activists are fined for attempting to paint bridge in Ukrainian colours
- Chechen SC stops proceeding on Kutaev's complaint of torture
- "Soldiers' Mothers of Saint Petersburg" put on register of foreign agents after requesting about Russian militaries in Ukraine