23 October 2006, 23:53
Criminal case initiated on the facts disclosed by Politkovskaya
On the basis of the video tape frames published by the "Novaya Gazeta" newspaper in the article of Anna Politkovskaya, murdered in Moscow on October 7, a criminal case has been initiated. Sergey Sokolov, deputy editor-in-chief of the paper, told the "Echo Moskvy" Radio that it is seen in the films how "Kadyrov's military forces are beating federal soldiers" with participation of "a man looking like Ramzan Kadyrov."
Sokolov marked that during Politkovskaya's six years of work for the "Novaya Gazeta," 39 criminal cases were initiated on her articles, on other episodes investigation examinations are in progress, the "Gazeta.Ru" reports. "These facts were so flagrant that with all their dislike of Politkovskaya, out law enforcement bodies were forced to initiate criminal cases", the journalist added.
We remind you that journalist Anna Politkovskaya, who was shot dead on October 7 in Moscow, was famous, first of all, for her materials on Chechnya and North Caucasus.
- Mother of many children from Volgograd detained in Moscow during a solo picket
- Five mosque-goers detained in Makhachkala, eyewitnesses report
- In Chechnya Ruslan Kutaev has his imprisonment reduced by two months
- Rostov journalist Alexander Tolmachov appealed against his conviction
- Volgograd: at trial on terror acts Dadaev again refuses to plead guilty
- PFPA activist Mukhammed Mirzali arrested in Azerbaijan
- ECtHR asks Russia to clarify the case of inmate of Stavropol penal colony
- Volgograd mothers of large families see no reaction to their pickets in Moscow
- Ingushetia cancels celebration events for jubilee of its first President Ruslan Aushev
- In Moscow, Pirogov Medical University to introduce medical uniform instead of ban on religious clothes