23 October 2006, 23:53
Criminal case initiated on the facts disclosed by Politkovskaya
On the basis of the video tape frames published by the "Novaya Gazeta" newspaper in the article of Anna Politkovskaya, murdered in Moscow on October 7, a criminal case has been initiated. Sergey Sokolov, deputy editor-in-chief of the paper, told the "Echo Moskvy" Radio that it is seen in the films how "Kadyrov's military forces are beating federal soldiers" with participation of "a man looking like Ramzan Kadyrov."
Sokolov marked that during Politkovskaya's six years of work for the "Novaya Gazeta," 39 criminal cases were initiated on her articles, on other episodes investigation examinations are in progress, the "Gazeta.Ru" reports. "These facts were so flagrant that with all their dislike of Politkovskaya, out law enforcement bodies were forced to initiate criminal cases", the journalist added.
We remind you that journalist Anna Politkovskaya, who was shot dead on October 7 in Moscow, was famous, first of all, for her materials on Chechnya and North Caucasus.
- CTO regime cancelled in North Ossetia
- Law enforcers find workshop for IEDs during special operation in Dagestan
- "Interfax": Ruslan Geremeev involved in case of Boris Nemtsov's murder as suspect
- Shagid Gubashev's defence appeals against extension of his arrest
- "Committee against Torture" challenges court's decision on its registration as "foreign agent"
- NAC reports elimination of two militants in Dagestan
- US Department of State and British Foreign Office condemn guilty verdict against Intigam Aliev in Baku
- Delegations of 60 countries arrive in Yerevan for ceremony to pay tribute to victims of genocide
- CTO regime introduced in Prigorodny District of North Ossetia
- Russian MIA treats Ramzan Kadyrov's statement about "opening fire" on policemen as unacceptable