23 October 2006, 23:53
Criminal case initiated on the facts disclosed by Politkovskaya
On the basis of the video tape frames published by the "Novaya Gazeta" newspaper in the article of Anna Politkovskaya, murdered in Moscow on October 7, a criminal case has been initiated. Sergey Sokolov, deputy editor-in-chief of the paper, told the "Echo Moskvy" Radio that it is seen in the films how "Kadyrov's military forces are beating federal soldiers" with participation of "a man looking like Ramzan Kadyrov."
Sokolov marked that during Politkovskaya's six years of work for the "Novaya Gazeta," 39 criminal cases were initiated on her articles, on other episodes investigation examinations are in progress, the "Gazeta.Ru" reports. "These facts were so flagrant that with all their dislike of Politkovskaya, out law enforcement bodies were forced to initiate criminal cases", the journalist added.
We remind you that journalist Anna Politkovskaya, who was shot dead on October 7 in Moscow, was famous, first of all, for her materials on Chechnya and North Caucasus.
- Azerbaijani rights defender Anar Mamedli nominated for Vaclav Havel Award
- Armenia: court leaves Ovannisyan and Petrosyan, participants of "Million Mask March", under arrest
- Rights defenders: contract soldiers lost in Rostov Region fought in Ukraine
- Astrakhan: Mikhail Stolyarov hospitalized from courthouse; his case suspended
- NAC: member of "Tsuntin" grouping killed in Dagestan
- 18 refugee families return to Chechnya from Ingush TACs
- Activists urge KBR's authorities to preserve Gedmishkh Waterfall
- Sochi resident detained in Ukraine returns to his homeland after POW exchange
- In Krasnodar Territory, doctor is fined for storing Jehovah's Witnesses' book at her working place
- Georgian Health Ministry sends delegation to help Ukraine