TopicsSociety, Politics, Interethnic relations, Human rights, Culture, Crime, Conflicts, Economics, Nature And Ecology, Incidents, Tourism, Terror acts in Moscow and Caucasus, Price of Olympics
RegionsAbkhazia / Adjaria / Adygeia / Armenia / Astrakhan region / Azerbaijan / Chechnya / Dagestan / Georgia / Ingushetia / Kabardino-Balkaria / Kalmykia / Karachaevo-Cherkesia / Krasnodar region / Nagorny Karabakh / North Caucasus / North Ossetia - Alania / North-Caucasian Federal District / Rostov region / Russia / South Caucasus / South Federal District / South Ossetia / Stavropol region / Volgograd region
Criminal case initiated on the facts disclosed by Politkovskaya
On the basis of the video tape frames published by the "Novaya Gazeta" newspaper in the article of Anna Politkovskaya, murdered in Moscow on October 7, a criminal case has been initiated. Sergey Sokolov, deputy editor-in-chief of the paper, told the "Echo Moskvy" Radio that it is seen in the films how "Kadyrov's military forces are beating federal soldiers" with participation of "a man looking like Ramzan Kadyrov."
Sokolov marked that during Politkovskaya's six years of work for the "Novaya Gazeta," 39 criminal cases were initiated on her articles, on other episodes investigation examinations are in progress, the "Gazeta.Ru" reports. "These facts were so flagrant that with all their dislike of Politkovskaya, out law enforcement bodies were forced to initiate criminal cases", the journalist added.
We remind you that journalist Anna Politkovskaya, who was shot dead on October 7 in Moscow, was famous, first of all, for her materials on Chechnya and North Caucasus.
See earlier reports:
|Знаешь больше? Не молчи!||SMS: 8 903-767-6060||Форма мобильной связи|
- Moscow court sentences journalist Boris Stomakhin to 6.5 years of imprisonment
- Grozny residents are forced to go to subbotniks to clean city on eve of May Day celebrations
- Moscow MIA: native of Northern Caucasus opens fire in metro on four Belarusians
- Armenians left Kesab to escape from Syrian government troops, oppositionists assert
- Circassian Youth Forum in Nalchik brings together about 100 participants from Russia and abroad