23 October 2006, 23:53
Criminal case initiated on the facts disclosed by Politkovskaya
On the basis of the video tape frames published by the "Novaya Gazeta" newspaper in the article of Anna Politkovskaya, murdered in Moscow on October 7, a criminal case has been initiated. Sergey Sokolov, deputy editor-in-chief of the paper, told the "Echo Moskvy" Radio that it is seen in the films how "Kadyrov's military forces are beating federal soldiers" with participation of "a man looking like Ramzan Kadyrov."
Sokolov marked that during Politkovskaya's six years of work for the "Novaya Gazeta," 39 criminal cases were initiated on her articles, on other episodes investigation examinations are in progress, the "Gazeta.Ru" reports. "These facts were so flagrant that with all their dislike of Politkovskaya, out law enforcement bodies were forced to initiate criminal cases", the journalist added.
We remind you that journalist Anna Politkovskaya, who was shot dead on October 7 in Moscow, was famous, first of all, for her materials on Chechnya and North Caucasus.
- Dagestan: trial of Abakarova, accused of possessing "suicide bomber's belt", postponed till August 18
- Defence of Leyla Yunus insists on her release from custody
- Authorities of Rostov Region report accommodation of over 40,000 Ukrainian refugees
- Azerbaijani soldier killed in Karabakh conflict zone
- Firearms were planted on resident of Dagestan Musa Magomedov at search, his relatives assert
- "Centre of Legal Technologies": 92 million roubles withdrawn illegally from Nadezhda Tsapok's account
- State Duma MPs, who visited Rostov Region, offer to increase financial aid to Ukrainian refugees
- Defence plans to challenge MCC's verdict on "Hizb ut-Tahrir" case
- Victims' testimonies in "Million Mask March" case confirm defendants' innocence, says the defence
- Dagestani SC postpones session on Zarema Bagavutdinova's case