23 October 2006, 23:53
Criminal case initiated on the facts disclosed by Politkovskaya
On the basis of the video tape frames published by the "Novaya Gazeta" newspaper in the article of Anna Politkovskaya, murdered in Moscow on October 7, a criminal case has been initiated. Sergey Sokolov, deputy editor-in-chief of the paper, told the "Echo Moskvy" Radio that it is seen in the films how "Kadyrov's military forces are beating federal soldiers" with participation of "a man looking like Ramzan Kadyrov."
Sokolov marked that during Politkovskaya's six years of work for the "Novaya Gazeta," 39 criminal cases were initiated on her articles, on other episodes investigation examinations are in progress, the "Gazeta.Ru" reports. "These facts were so flagrant that with all their dislike of Politkovskaya, out law enforcement bodies were forced to initiate criminal cases", the journalist added.
We remind you that journalist Anna Politkovskaya, who was shot dead on October 7 in Moscow, was famous, first of all, for her materials on Chechnya and North Caucasus.
- Hundred women attend First Congress of Muslim Women of North Ossetia
- KBR residents celebrate Adygs' Day for the first time
- In Nakhichevan, policemen file charge against beaten human rights defender Ilgar Nasibov
- Chechnya: case of woman accused of beating up her stepdaughter sent to court
- For the first time ever, EP's resolution threats to use sanctions against Azerbaijan authorities, opposition asserts
- Entrepreneur's house in Makhachkala shelled from grenade launcher
- Krasnodar: "EcoWatch" activist holds picket in support of Evgeny Vitishko
- Volgograd, parents of preschool children demand repairs of kindergartens
- Mother of Radjab Mustafaev shot dead in Semender claims her son was not militant
- Dagestani journalists support demand to reopen inquiry into Akhmednabiev's murder