10 March 2007, 22:17
Maskhadov's family asks religious leaders to help them to get his body out
The family of the former president of Chechnya Aslan Maskhadov, who was killed on March 8, 2005, has addressed "the leaders of world confessions and good-will people" with a request to call the Russian authorities to give out Maskhadov's body to his relatives for burial, the "Echo Moskvy" Radio informs.
We remind you that Russian authorities refuse to give Maskhadov's body out referring to the "law on terrorism." The application placed in the web site of Chechen separatists, where the widow and children of Maskhadov ask to call the Russian authorities to give out his body for burial, emphasizes that "Maskhadov had never been a terrorist."
Maskhadov's family suggests that representatives of the world community should sign this application, emphasizing that "signatures cannot be interpreted in the political context."
The "Caucasian Knot" has informed earlier that anti-war organizations sent am appeal to the Public Chamber of the Russian Federation with a request to consider the issue of giving the remains of the former president of Chechnya Aslan Maskhadov out to his family for burial.
- Defence of convicts for terror act in Domodedovo Airport demand to revise the sentence
- Mirzamagomedov convicted in Dagestan was sent out from Chelyabinsk with burns, rights defenders assert
- "EcoWatch" appeals against the decision to liquidate it
- NATO rejects Russian-Abkhaz treaty
- Yerevan hosts memorial service for crew members of downed helicopter
- Georgia demands to convene UN Security Council because of Russian-Abkhaz treaty
- Rallies of supporters and opponents of treaty with Russia passed in Sukhumi without incidents
- Three women from Makhachkala hold hunger strike demanding Abdulatipov's resignation
- In Nalchik, defendant accused of involvement in Syrian war states he was victim of circumstances
- On November 17-23, eight persons fell victim to armed conflict in Northern Caucasus