10 March 2007, 22:17
Maskhadov's family asks religious leaders to help them to get his body out
The family of the former president of Chechnya Aslan Maskhadov, who was killed on March 8, 2005, has addressed "the leaders of world confessions and good-will people" with a request to call the Russian authorities to give out Maskhadov's body to his relatives for burial, the "Echo Moskvy" Radio informs.
We remind you that Russian authorities refuse to give Maskhadov's body out referring to the "law on terrorism." The application placed in the web site of Chechen separatists, where the widow and children of Maskhadov ask to call the Russian authorities to give out his body for burial, emphasizes that "Maskhadov had never been a terrorist."
Maskhadov's family suggests that representatives of the world community should sign this application, emphasizing that "signatures cannot be interpreted in the political context."
The "Caucasian Knot" has informed earlier that anti-war organizations sent am appeal to the Public Chamber of the Russian Federation with a request to consider the issue of giving the remains of the former president of Chechnya Aslan Maskhadov out to his family for burial.
- Sister of Babaev who died in Azerbaijani colony disagrees with examination
- Solo picket against hostilities in Ukraine held in Volgograd
- Demand to extradite Permyakov to Armenian law enforcement bodies signed by 8000
- Armenia's MoD states liquidation of subversive group on border with Azerbaijan
- CoA finds former head of Georgia's Military Police guilty of torture
- Journalistic community perplexed with verdict to Reznik
- Dagestani authorities report 20,000-strong nationwide mavlid
- Two Armenian soldiers perished in Armenian-Azerbaijani conflict zone
- At press conference in Moscow, Reznik's defence states violation of his rights
- Annual message of Dagestani leader failed to respond to acute problems of republic's life, experts assert