10 March 2007, 22:17
Maskhadov's family asks religious leaders to help them to get his body out
The family of the former president of Chechnya Aslan Maskhadov, who was killed on March 8, 2005, has addressed "the leaders of world confessions and good-will people" with a request to call the Russian authorities to give out Maskhadov's body to his relatives for burial, the "Echo Moskvy" Radio informs.
We remind you that Russian authorities refuse to give Maskhadov's body out referring to the "law on terrorism." The application placed in the web site of Chechen separatists, where the widow and children of Maskhadov ask to call the Russian authorities to give out his body for burial, emphasizes that "Maskhadov had never been a terrorist."
Maskhadov's family suggests that representatives of the world community should sign this application, emphasizing that "signatures cannot be interpreted in the political context."
The "Caucasian Knot" has informed earlier that anti-war organizations sent am appeal to the Public Chamber of the Russian Federation with a request to consider the issue of giving the remains of the former president of Chechnya Aslan Maskhadov out to his family for burial.
- NKR states that Azerbaijan is constantly shelling the area of helicopter crash
- In Dagestan, meeting on Karaman ends in a brawl
- Hideout with IEDs worth 50 kg of TNT found in Dagestan
- Azerbaijani journalist Mirkadyrov not released from prison after his arrest term
- Azerbaijan enacts amendments to the law on NGOs and grants
- Third shift starts hunger-striking in Karaman
- Supposed militants' helper detained in Nazran
- Power agents are not engaged in mass persecution of believers in KChR, experts say
- In Baku, five persons are on hunger strike demanding release of Askerov and Guliev detained in Nagorno-Karabakh
- New bill on tapping brought into the Parliament of Georgia