10 March 2007, 22:17
Maskhadov's family asks religious leaders to help them to get his body out
The family of the former president of Chechnya Aslan Maskhadov, who was killed on March 8, 2005, has addressed "the leaders of world confessions and good-will people" with a request to call the Russian authorities to give out Maskhadov's body to his relatives for burial, the "Echo Moskvy" Radio informs.
We remind you that Russian authorities refuse to give Maskhadov's body out referring to the "law on terrorism." The application placed in the web site of Chechen separatists, where the widow and children of Maskhadov ask to call the Russian authorities to give out his body for burial, emphasizes that "Maskhadov had never been a terrorist."
Maskhadov's family suggests that representatives of the world community should sign this application, emphasizing that "signatures cannot be interpreted in the political context."
The "Caucasian Knot" has informed earlier that anti-war organizations sent am appeal to the Public Chamber of the Russian Federation with a request to consider the issue of giving the remains of the former president of Chechnya Aslan Maskhadov out to his family for burial.
- Marriage of Guchigov and Goylabieva reveals vulnerability of first wives
- Residents of Nalchik hold mourning march on Adygs' Memory Day
- Ilham Aliev's refusal to attend EaP summit has to do to criticism of human rights violations
- Head of Novokubansk District offered to resign
- Former special forces officer appointed new chief of North-Caucasian VOGOiP
- Ashot Gulyan re-elected speaker of NKR's National Assembly
- Sergey Krivenko, HRC member, speaks at Bogatenkova's trial
- Dagestan: Nuridin Magomedov was thought to be militants' helper
- Petition on court disqualification in Amirov's case rejected
- Advocate of Dadaev's family files complaint against investigator's actions