10 March 2007, 22:17
Maskhadov's family asks religious leaders to help them to get his body out
The family of the former president of Chechnya Aslan Maskhadov, who was killed on March 8, 2005, has addressed "the leaders of world confessions and good-will people" with a request to call the Russian authorities to give out Maskhadov's body to his relatives for burial, the "Echo Moskvy" Radio informs.
We remind you that Russian authorities refuse to give Maskhadov's body out referring to the "law on terrorism." The application placed in the web site of Chechen separatists, where the widow and children of Maskhadov ask to call the Russian authorities to give out his body for burial, emphasizes that "Maskhadov had never been a terrorist."
Maskhadov's family suggests that representatives of the world community should sign this application, emphasizing that "signatures cannot be interpreted in the political context."
The "Caucasian Knot" has informed earlier that anti-war organizations sent am appeal to the Public Chamber of the Russian Federation with a request to consider the issue of giving the remains of the former president of Chechnya Aslan Maskhadov out to his family for burial.
- Residents of Dagestani Vremenny settlement complain to Children's Ombudsman about lack of warm clothes
- EP calls on Russia's MoJ to withdraw its claim on dissolution of "Memorial"
- After meeting with Nils Muižnieks, Azerbaijani activists hope for his help in addressing human rights problems
- Russia's SC postpones consideration of appeal on "Domodedovo" Airport terror act
- Advocate of head of Committee "Mothers from Kuma River Area" appeals against arrest of rights defender
- Laureates of Rafto Award demand from Azerbaijani authorities to drop charges against Ilgar Nasibov
- "Levada Centre": situation in Ukraine affects Russians' opinion about Dubrovka terror act in Moscow
- In Dagestan, law enforcers go around households in Gimry
- Azerbaijan sets up "Joint Human Rights Group"
- Rostov-on-Don to open polling station for electing Ukrainian MPs