22 March 2007, 22:03
Collision of Cossacks with Chechen "OMON" in Stavropol Territory
In the morning of March 21, the workers of the "Peresvet" Private Security Company (PSC) who are the Cossacks of the Mineralovodskiy Unit of the Tersk Army arrived to the city of Kislovodsk (Stavropol Territory) to take guard of the building of the local sewing factory. The Cossacks had a contract in hands concluded with the owner of the factory. In situ, they found out that there were already some security agents in the building - the Chechen "OMON" (Special Militia). The Cossacks were not let into the premise and told that the factory belonged to president of Chechnya Ramzan Kadyrov. The press release of the Tersk Cossack Army runs that the Chechen "OMON" fighters threatened to shoot the PSC's workers dead. The arriving militia managed to stop the military actions around the factory. The militiamen forced the Cossacks away from the building and started external guarding of the building with the "OMON" inside, the correspondent of the "Caucasian Knot" has reported.
Public Prosecutor of Kislovodsk Evgeniy Arsenyev has refuted the information about an armed conflict, however admitted that litigation around the factory continues for about two years already, the "Gazeta.ru" writes. Kadyrov's press service has refused to comment the incident.
Author: Elena Kostenko, CK correspondent;
- Sochi court finds builder Demerchyan guilty of false denunciation
- Court finds Nadezhda Tsapok guilty of land fraud
- MfE: the basic version of fire in rights defenders' office in Grozny is arson
- Court session on suit of Chechen MIA against Amriev who stated torture by police postponed till December 25
- Hassan Zakayev, native of Chechnya, suspected of aiding organizers of Dubrovka terror act in Moscow
- Court session on MoJ's lawsuit on liquidation of "Memorial" postponed at request of rights defenders
- In Chechnya, case of Khasan Edilkhanov accused of involvement in war in Syria sent to court
- Power agents' actions did not interfere with work of authorities, Khasavyurt administration asserts
- AI announces journalist Khadija Ismayilova to be "prisoner of conscience"
- In Moscow, participants of Journalists' Memorial Day paid tribute to Akhmednabiyev and Kuashev