22 March 2007, 22:03
Collision of Cossacks with Chechen "OMON" in Stavropol Territory
In the morning of March 21, the workers of the "Peresvet" Private Security Company (PSC) who are the Cossacks of the Mineralovodskiy Unit of the Tersk Army arrived to the city of Kislovodsk (Stavropol Territory) to take guard of the building of the local sewing factory. The Cossacks had a contract in hands concluded with the owner of the factory. In situ, they found out that there were already some security agents in the building - the Chechen "OMON" (Special Militia). The Cossacks were not let into the premise and told that the factory belonged to president of Chechnya Ramzan Kadyrov. The press release of the Tersk Cossack Army runs that the Chechen "OMON" fighters threatened to shoot the PSC's workers dead. The arriving militia managed to stop the military actions around the factory. The militiamen forced the Cossacks away from the building and started external guarding of the building with the "OMON" inside, the correspondent of the "Caucasian Knot" has reported.
Public Prosecutor of Kislovodsk Evgeniy Arsenyev has refuted the information about an armed conflict, however admitted that litigation around the factory continues for about two years already, the "Gazeta.ru" writes. Kadyrov's press service has refused to comment the incident.
Author: Elena Kostenko, CK correspondent;
- Seven hunger-strikers continue demanding Abdulatipov's resignation
- In Volgograd, about 80 persons came to commemorate victims of political repressions
- In Azerbaijan, one of advocates is withdrawn from protection of rights of Leyla Yunus
- Azerbaijani filmmaker Eldaniz Guliev fined for libelling MIA head
- Defenders of sentenced Rostov journalist Alexander Tolmachov disagree with Court's verdict
- In Dagestan, District Court re-takes Patimat Nasibova into custody
- Native of Yeisk becomes defendant in case of private jet crash at Vnukovo Airport
- Relatives of murdered rights defender Maksharip Aushev ask to transfer investigation to Ingushetia
- Russian HRC to appeal to General Prosecutor's Office in connection with case against Imam Kurman-Ali Baichorov
- In Makhachkala, eight persons go on hunger strike demanding resignation of Dagestani leader