22 March 2007, 22:03
Collision of Cossacks with Chechen "OMON" in Stavropol Territory
In the morning of March 21, the workers of the "Peresvet" Private Security Company (PSC) who are the Cossacks of the Mineralovodskiy Unit of the Tersk Army arrived to the city of Kislovodsk (Stavropol Territory) to take guard of the building of the local sewing factory. The Cossacks had a contract in hands concluded with the owner of the factory. In situ, they found out that there were already some security agents in the building - the Chechen "OMON" (Special Militia). The Cossacks were not let into the premise and told that the factory belonged to president of Chechnya Ramzan Kadyrov. The press release of the Tersk Cossack Army runs that the Chechen "OMON" fighters threatened to shoot the PSC's workers dead. The arriving militia managed to stop the military actions around the factory. The militiamen forced the Cossacks away from the building and started external guarding of the building with the "OMON" inside, the correspondent of the "Caucasian Knot" has reported.
Public Prosecutor of Kislovodsk Evgeniy Arsenyev has refuted the information about an armed conflict, however admitted that litigation around the factory continues for about two years already, the "Gazeta.ru" writes. Kadyrov's press service has refused to comment the incident.
Author: Elena Kostenko, CK correspondent;
- Infographics. Statistics of victims in Northern Caucasus in July 2014 under the data of the Caucasian Knot
- In Dagestan, "Yabloko" regional leader refuses to complain about law enforcers' action during his detention
- AI recognizes Kerimli brothers arrested in Azerbaijan prisoners of conscience
- Court leaves PFPA activist Ruslan Nasirli in custody
- In Dagestan, armed men in masks kill Ashilta resident
- "The Nobel Women's Initiative" calls on Azerbaijani authorities to release Yunus spouses
- Georgia has no strategy for addressing problems of homeless people, rights defenders assert
- In Pyatigorsk, youth forum "Mashuk-2014" is over
- Advocate: three Buynaksk residents beaten at checkpoint by policemen in Dagestan
- Sochi Court finds Oksana Toropova guilty of beating court marshal