22 March 2007, 22:03
Collision of Cossacks with Chechen "OMON" in Stavropol Territory
In the morning of March 21, the workers of the "Peresvet" Private Security Company (PSC) who are the Cossacks of the Mineralovodskiy Unit of the Tersk Army arrived to the city of Kislovodsk (Stavropol Territory) to take guard of the building of the local sewing factory. The Cossacks had a contract in hands concluded with the owner of the factory. In situ, they found out that there were already some security agents in the building - the Chechen "OMON" (Special Militia). The Cossacks were not let into the premise and told that the factory belonged to president of Chechnya Ramzan Kadyrov. The press release of the Tersk Cossack Army runs that the Chechen "OMON" fighters threatened to shoot the PSC's workers dead. The arriving militia managed to stop the military actions around the factory. The militiamen forced the Cossacks away from the building and started external guarding of the building with the "OMON" inside, the correspondent of the "Caucasian Knot" has reported.
Public Prosecutor of Kislovodsk Evgeniy Arsenyev has refuted the information about an armed conflict, however admitted that litigation around the factory continues for about two years already, the "Gazeta.ru" writes. Kadyrov's press service has refused to comment the incident.
Author: Elena Kostenko, CK correspondent;
- US won't recognize parliamentary elections in Nagorno-Karabakh
- "Alforat": Umar al-Shishani killed in Iraq
- "Sinjar" demands from Armenian MFA to pay attention to murders of Yazidis in Iraq
- Dagestani resident blows himself up with grenade at detention
- Residents of Chechnya claim being forced to attend May Day rallies
- Three persons hospitalized after shootout in Makhachkala
- Defence witness in Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's case denied entry into USA
- Chechen leader's announced readiness to resign is just a show
- Opposition senses election hope in NKR
- In Yerevan, participants of May Day rally demand to respect workers' rights