21 February 2007, 21:37
Budanov will remain in Ulyanovsk colony
Colonel Yuri Budanov, former commander of Armored Regiment No. 160, convicted for the murder of Elza Kungaeva, a Chechen girl, "continues serving his punishment at Strict Custody Corrective Colony No. 3 in the town of Dimitrovgrad, the Ulyanovsk Region."
On Wednesday, the Department of the Federal Service for Execution of Punishments ("UFSIN") for the Volga Federal District (VFD) disseminated a message that on Tuesday, when speaking to the press conference, Mr. Andrei Koshkin, acting head of the Regional "UFSIN," made a mistake "in relation to whereabouts of Mr. Budanov," the RIA "Novosti" reports. In particular, he said that back last year, on the petition of Budanov's advocate, with account of good behaviour of the inmate, the former colonel was removed from the strict custody colony to a settlement-colony.
On Wednesday, Mr. Koshkin clarified that no petition on moving Budanov to the settlement-colony had ever been lodged, although he has the right to do so.
- Son of Rafig Dashdamirli, PFPA activist, arrested in Azerbaijan for alleged drug trafficking
- Russia's Cabinet of Ministers approves alliance treaty with Abkhazia
- Azerbaijan: Ilgar Mamedov transferred to colony medical unit
- NAC: militant killed in Derbent was wanted for organizing bombings in Dagestan
- Chechen authorities save power through mass power disconnections, residents assert
- Nalchik has no conditions for disabled, activists of "Accessible Environment" assert
- KBR's SC rejects compensation claim of 55 Chernobyl accident liquidators
- NKR states that Azerbaijan is constantly shelling the area of helicopter crash
- In Dagestan, meeting on Karaman ends in a brawl
- Hideout with IEDs worth 50 kg of TNT found in Dagestan