21 February 2007, 21:37
Budanov will remain in Ulyanovsk colony
Colonel Yuri Budanov, former commander of Armored Regiment No. 160, convicted for the murder of Elza Kungaeva, a Chechen girl, "continues serving his punishment at Strict Custody Corrective Colony No. 3 in the town of Dimitrovgrad, the Ulyanovsk Region."
On Wednesday, the Department of the Federal Service for Execution of Punishments ("UFSIN") for the Volga Federal District (VFD) disseminated a message that on Tuesday, when speaking to the press conference, Mr. Andrei Koshkin, acting head of the Regional "UFSIN," made a mistake "in relation to whereabouts of Mr. Budanov," the RIA "Novosti" reports. In particular, he said that back last year, on the petition of Budanov's advocate, with account of good behaviour of the inmate, the former colonel was removed from the strict custody colony to a settlement-colony.
On Wednesday, Mr. Koshkin clarified that no petition on moving Budanov to the settlement-colony had ever been lodged, although he has the right to do so.
- Council of Lak people calls on Dagestani hunger-strikers to suspend their protest
- Court finds Nalchik resident guilty of involvement in IAF in Syria
- Militants killed in Dagestan were members of Kizilyurt criminal grouping
- Power agents report on killing three militants in Dagestan
- Russian GPO agrees to consider request to extradite Valery Permyakov to Armenia
- In KBR, local resident sentenced to 13 years of imprisonment on charge of involvement in IAF
- In Tbilisi, many exchange offices stop selling US dollars
- Gadjimurad Omarov accuses Deputy Minister of Dagestani government of involvement in attack on him
- In Sochi, Court fines Saveliev family for failure to fulfil decision on demolition of their house
- In Dagestani village of Shushiya, seven protesters still on hunger strike