21 February 2007, 21:37
Budanov will remain in Ulyanovsk colony
Colonel Yuri Budanov, former commander of Armored Regiment No. 160, convicted for the murder of Elza Kungaeva, a Chechen girl, "continues serving his punishment at Strict Custody Corrective Colony No. 3 in the town of Dimitrovgrad, the Ulyanovsk Region."
On Wednesday, the Department of the Federal Service for Execution of Punishments ("UFSIN") for the Volga Federal District (VFD) disseminated a message that on Tuesday, when speaking to the press conference, Mr. Andrei Koshkin, acting head of the Regional "UFSIN," made a mistake "in relation to whereabouts of Mr. Budanov," the RIA "Novosti" reports. In particular, he said that back last year, on the petition of Budanov's advocate, with account of good behaviour of the inmate, the former colonel was removed from the strict custody colony to a settlement-colony.
On Wednesday, Mr. Koshkin clarified that no petition on moving Budanov to the settlement-colony had ever been lodged, although he has the right to do so.
- Gimry Tunnel will be opened on December 1, said Abdulatipov
- Resident of Makhachkala kidnapped in September found dead
- Dagestan: first group of Vremenny residents visit their homes with commission for assessing damage
- Turkish citizen of Circassian origin detained in Minvody
- Resident of Ingushetia sentenced to 13 years in prison for blowing up APC with OMON fighters in Chechnya
- Baku hosts action demanding release of Askerov and Guliev detained in NKR
- Law enforcers cancel CTO regime in Untsukul District of Dagestan
- In Karabudakhkent District, law enforcers planted firearms on a local, his relatives assert
- Rights defender Elchin Namazov arrested in Azerbaijan
- Over 300 turkologists come to Moscow conference on history of Karachay-Balkar people