13 April 2007, 22:20

European Court accepts applications of Dubrovka terror act victims

The European Court for Human Rights has initiated proceedings of the complaint of 58 victims of the terror act in the Dubrovka Theatre Centre, Igor Trunov, claimants' advocate, has reported. "We filed the complaint four years ago and, finally, the Court has made its decision to consider it," the defender said.

He added that not only Russian citizens, but also those from Ukraine, the Netherlands and Kazakhstan, filed complaints to the Strasbourg Court, the RIA "Novosti" reports.

"In response to our complaint, the European Court has informed that the respondent - the government of Russia - should have presented its objections before last June 27," Mr. Trunov added.

The "Caucasian Knot" informed earlier that on October 23, 2002, a total of 923 spectators and actors of "Nord-Ost" musical were taken hostage by terrorists. At least 130 persons perished and over 700 more were injured. 40 terrorists (21 men and 19 women) were killed. The majority of hostages were liberated in the course of a special operation undertaken on October 26, 2002.

Form of mobile communication
SMS: 8 903-767-6060

Know more? Do not be silent!

Lt-feedback_banner
Article source

Russia > Politics, Human rights, Crime

July 28, 2014 21:12

July 28, 2014 16:40

July 28, 2014 15:50

  • Refugees living in "Promzhilbaza" find it difficult to rent housing for money allocated by authorities

    The administration of the city of Karabulak has demanded from the refugees living in the temporary accommodation centre (TAC) named "Promzhilbaza" to move out until mid-August, said Isiyat Dzaurova, one of the refugees. The Mayor of Karabulak Muslim Yandiev has confirmed the information that the refugees were given time to find some other housing. However, the "Promzhilbaza" residents claim that they cannot rent housing for the money allocated to them by the authorities.

July 28, 2014 11:30

July 28, 2014 10:16

July 28, 2014 08:03

  • Levon Airapetyan's friend reports on deterioration of businessman's health at Moscow SIZO

    Levon Airapetyan, one of the richest members of the Armenian Diaspora in Russia, who is being kept at the SIZO (pre-trial prison) of Moscow because of his involvement in the "Bashneft" case, faces sharp deterioration of his health condition. This was reported by a businessman's friend. The Levon Airapetyan's doctor believes the pre-trial restriction measure to his patient is to be changed.

July 27, 2014 04:39

All news

Погода в 49 городах Кавказа
News archive