20 April 2007, 23:44
Doku Umarov's father killed in Chechnya
Khamad Umarov, 74, father of Doku Umarov, leader of Chechen separatists, was killed. According to one of militants' Internet web sites, Umarov's father was kidnapped back on May 5, 2005, by the employees of the "Oil Regiment" headed by Adam Demilkhanov.
It is reported that representatives of the Russian party have addressed separatists through intermediaries asking them to show Khamad Umarov's tomb.
The "Caucasian Knot" has reported earlier that in May 2005, Doku Umarov's father, then 70, wife and a baby of six months old were kidnapped in Chechnya. On August 12, 2005, Natalia Khumaidova, Umarov's sister, was kidnapped in the southwest of Chechnya by armed persons in camouflage. Some months earlier, his brother Ruslan Umarov, 43, father of four children, was captured and taken away by unknown armed persons. In 2003 and 2004, Doku Umarov's cousin Zaurbek and nephew Roman Ataev were kidnapped. According to separatists, all the kidnapped persons were put into Ramzan Kadyrov's personal prison Hosi-Yurt village.
- Experts note similarities in deaths of Kuashev and Magomedragimov
- Journalists were not admitted to sentencing in Akhmedilov's murder case
- On March 23-29, at least 2 persons fell victim to armed conflict in Northern Caucasus
- RBC: witness confirms Dadaev's likelihood with Nemtsov's killer
- US students support Khadija Ismayilova
- "Kommersant": investigators detect organizer of Boris Nemtsov's murder
- Member of "Pre-Parliament" stabbed during rally in Gyumri
- "Chernovik": relatives and friends of Ruslan Magomedragimov report injection signs on his body
- Soldier of NKR Defence Army killed on contact line
- Russia violates agreements with Armenia in Valery Permyakov's case, Armenian lawyers assert