20 April 2007, 23:44
Doku Umarov's father killed in Chechnya
Khamad Umarov, 74, father of Doku Umarov, leader of Chechen separatists, was killed. According to one of militants' Internet web sites, Umarov's father was kidnapped back on May 5, 2005, by the employees of the "Oil Regiment" headed by Adam Demilkhanov.
It is reported that representatives of the Russian party have addressed separatists through intermediaries asking them to show Khamad Umarov's tomb.
The "Caucasian Knot" has reported earlier that in May 2005, Doku Umarov's father, then 70, wife and a baby of six months old were kidnapped in Chechnya. On August 12, 2005, Natalia Khumaidova, Umarov's sister, was kidnapped in the southwest of Chechnya by armed persons in camouflage. Some months earlier, his brother Ruslan Umarov, 43, father of four children, was captured and taken away by unknown armed persons. In 2003 and 2004, Doku Umarov's cousin Zaurbek and nephew Roman Ataev were kidnapped. According to separatists, all the kidnapped persons were put into Ramzan Kadyrov's personal prison Hosi-Yurt village.
- Boris Nemtsov buried in Moscow
- Russia's GPO refuses to give Permyakov out to Armenia
- Man kidnapped in Makhachkala is son of editor of STRC "Dagestan"
- Mikhail Savva sentenced to three years in colony-settlement
- Semender residents claim mass detentions in their settlement
- Four casualties of CTO in Dagestani Kizilyurt District identified
- Ibragim Todashev's family to sue FBI in connection with his death
- Head of Ingushetia demands to check students' complaints about ban to wear hijabs
- Organizer of "Vesna" March in Volgograd reports threats received by his mother
- Man kidnapped in Makhachkala