20 April 2007, 23:44
Doku Umarov's father killed in Chechnya
Khamad Umarov, 74, father of Doku Umarov, leader of Chechen separatists, was killed. According to one of militants' Internet web sites, Umarov's father was kidnapped back on May 5, 2005, by the employees of the "Oil Regiment" headed by Adam Demilkhanov.
It is reported that representatives of the Russian party have addressed separatists through intermediaries asking them to show Khamad Umarov's tomb.
The "Caucasian Knot" has reported earlier that in May 2005, Doku Umarov's father, then 70, wife and a baby of six months old were kidnapped in Chechnya. On August 12, 2005, Natalia Khumaidova, Umarov's sister, was kidnapped in the southwest of Chechnya by armed persons in camouflage. Some months earlier, his brother Ruslan Umarov, 43, father of four children, was captured and taken away by unknown armed persons. In 2003 and 2004, Doku Umarov's cousin Zaurbek and nephew Roman Ataev were kidnapped. According to separatists, all the kidnapped persons were put into Ramzan Kadyrov's personal prison Hosi-Yurt village.
- Zatulin: Khajimba and Bjaniya have best chances of reaching second round at presidential election in Abkhazia
- Infographics. Statistics of victims in Northern Caucasus in July 2014 under the data of the Caucasian Knot
- In Dagestan, "Yabloko" regional leader refuses to complain about law enforcers' action during his detention
- NAC identifies Makhachkala CTO casualties as Asad Abdullaev and Magomed Yunusov
- UN experts call on Azerbaijani government to stop prosecuting rights defenders
- Sovietskiy District of Makhachkala put under CTO regime
- Alvi Karimov: Ramzan Kadyrov never lost his mobile phone
- Armenian Investigating Committee accuses Azerbaijani militaries of kidnapping Karen Petrosyan
- OSCE observers fix no traffic of armoured vehicles across Russian-Ukrainian border
- Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey agree to hold joint military exercises