20 April 2007, 23:44
Doku Umarov's father killed in Chechnya
Khamad Umarov, 74, father of Doku Umarov, leader of Chechen separatists, was killed. According to one of militants' Internet web sites, Umarov's father was kidnapped back on May 5, 2005, by the employees of the "Oil Regiment" headed by Adam Demilkhanov.
It is reported that representatives of the Russian party have addressed separatists through intermediaries asking them to show Khamad Umarov's tomb.
The "Caucasian Knot" has reported earlier that in May 2005, Doku Umarov's father, then 70, wife and a baby of six months old were kidnapped in Chechnya. On August 12, 2005, Natalia Khumaidova, Umarov's sister, was kidnapped in the southwest of Chechnya by armed persons in camouflage. Some months earlier, his brother Ruslan Umarov, 43, father of four children, was captured and taken away by unknown armed persons. In 2003 and 2004, Doku Umarov's cousin Zaurbek and nephew Roman Ataev were kidnapped. According to separatists, all the kidnapped persons were put into Ramzan Kadyrov's personal prison Hosi-Yurt village.
- MIA reports killing of organizer of terror act in Grozny
- Relatives of Elshan Salikhov, killed in Derbent, deny his involvement in militants' activities
- Shamil Gazaliev from Chechnya suspected of involvement in warfare in Syria
- Gimry resident reports detention of three suspected militants in Vremenny
- Volgograd: residents of Srednaya Akhtuba picket against expanded clay factories
- Grozny law enforcers search for two suspected suicide bombers, a police source reports
- Armenia: organizer of "Million Mask March" sentenced to six years of imprisonment
- In Budyonnovsk, head of Committee of Soldiers' Mothers detained after search in NGO's office
- 23 believers taken to police after namaz in Makhachkala
- Four persons from the list of political prisoners pardoned in Azerbaijan