20 April 2007, 23:44
Doku Umarov's father killed in Chechnya
Khamad Umarov, 74, father of Doku Umarov, leader of Chechen separatists, was killed. According to one of militants' Internet web sites, Umarov's father was kidnapped back on May 5, 2005, by the employees of the "Oil Regiment" headed by Adam Demilkhanov.
It is reported that representatives of the Russian party have addressed separatists through intermediaries asking them to show Khamad Umarov's tomb.
The "Caucasian Knot" has reported earlier that in May 2005, Doku Umarov's father, then 70, wife and a baby of six months old were kidnapped in Chechnya. On August 12, 2005, Natalia Khumaidova, Umarov's sister, was kidnapped in the southwest of Chechnya by armed persons in camouflage. Some months earlier, his brother Ruslan Umarov, 43, father of four children, was captured and taken away by unknown armed persons. In 2003 and 2004, Doku Umarov's cousin Zaurbek and nephew Roman Ataev were kidnapped. According to separatists, all the kidnapped persons were put into Ramzan Kadyrov's personal prison Hosi-Yurt village.
- Armenian CoA upholds verdict to Volodya Avetisyan
- At UN HRC session, "Article-19" demands from Russian authorities to reopen inquiry into Ahmednabiev's killing
- Dagestani court convicts Abakarova for possessing "suicide belt"
- In Azerbaijan, Leyla Yunus' advocate stats that she is pressed by two cellmates
- Krasnodar Territory to deploy over 70 TACs for Ukrainian refugees
- Over 200 came to support Schagen Arutyunyan in Yerevan
- "Edinaya Rossiya" candidate demands vote recount at elections to Volgograd Regional Duma
- "Map of Election Fraud" receives 35 reports from Southern Russia
- Shein demands vote recount at election of Astrakhan Governor
- Attacks on journalists in Armenia result from impunity, NGOs state