20 April 2007, 23:44
Doku Umarov's father killed in Chechnya
Khamad Umarov, 74, father of Doku Umarov, leader of Chechen separatists, was killed. According to one of militants' Internet web sites, Umarov's father was kidnapped back on May 5, 2005, by the employees of the "Oil Regiment" headed by Adam Demilkhanov.
It is reported that representatives of the Russian party have addressed separatists through intermediaries asking them to show Khamad Umarov's tomb.
The "Caucasian Knot" has reported earlier that in May 2005, Doku Umarov's father, then 70, wife and a baby of six months old were kidnapped in Chechnya. On August 12, 2005, Natalia Khumaidova, Umarov's sister, was kidnapped in the southwest of Chechnya by armed persons in camouflage. Some months earlier, his brother Ruslan Umarov, 43, father of four children, was captured and taken away by unknown armed persons. In 2003 and 2004, Doku Umarov's cousin Zaurbek and nephew Roman Ataev were kidnapped. According to separatists, all the kidnapped persons were put into Ramzan Kadyrov's personal prison Hosi-Yurt village.
- Sister of Babaev who died in Azerbaijani colony disagrees with examination
- Builder of Olympic facilities asks Sochi City Council to support cheated workers
- Solo picket against hostilities in Ukraine held in Volgograd
- Demand to extradite Permyakov to Armenian law enforcement bodies signed by 8000
- Armenia's MoD states liquidation of subversive group on border with Azerbaijan
- CoA finds former head of Georgia's Military Police guilty of torture
- Journalistic community perplexed with verdict to Reznik
- Dagestani authorities report 20,000-strong nationwide mavlid
- Two Armenian soldiers perished in Armenian-Azerbaijani conflict zone
- At press conference in Moscow, Reznik's defence states violation of his rights