20 April 2007, 23:44
Doku Umarov's father killed in Chechnya
Khamad Umarov, 74, father of Doku Umarov, leader of Chechen separatists, was killed. According to one of militants' Internet web sites, Umarov's father was kidnapped back on May 5, 2005, by the employees of the "Oil Regiment" headed by Adam Demilkhanov.
It is reported that representatives of the Russian party have addressed separatists through intermediaries asking them to show Khamad Umarov's tomb.
The "Caucasian Knot" has reported earlier that in May 2005, Doku Umarov's father, then 70, wife and a baby of six months old were kidnapped in Chechnya. On August 12, 2005, Natalia Khumaidova, Umarov's sister, was kidnapped in the southwest of Chechnya by armed persons in camouflage. Some months earlier, his brother Ruslan Umarov, 43, father of four children, was captured and taken away by unknown armed persons. In 2003 and 2004, Doku Umarov's cousin Zaurbek and nephew Roman Ataev were kidnapped. According to separatists, all the kidnapped persons were put into Ramzan Kadyrov's personal prison Hosi-Yurt village.
- Experts treat the version of Islamic-extremist trace in Nemtsov's murder as unlikely
- ICRF finds Nemtsov's murder possible because of Charlie Hebdo
- NKR residents come out to commemorate victims of Sumgait pogroms
- Nemtsov: contract for Kadyrov's loyalty to Putin hearing its end
- Case of Migaev, a native of Chechnya, sent to SC
- NAC confirms killing of six militants in Dagestan
- In Khimki, near Moscow, advocate of Ingush native, accused of robbery, states incorrect qualification of offence
- Reinvestigation into Ruslan Rakhaev's case completed in KChR
- In Dagestan, number of persons killed in special operation reaches ten
- In Azerbaijan, Court arrests for three months rights defender Talekh Khasmamedov accused of disorderly conduct