20 April 2007, 23:44
Doku Umarov's father killed in Chechnya
Khamad Umarov, 74, father of Doku Umarov, leader of Chechen separatists, was killed. According to one of militants' Internet web sites, Umarov's father was kidnapped back on May 5, 2005, by the employees of the "Oil Regiment" headed by Adam Demilkhanov.
It is reported that representatives of the Russian party have addressed separatists through intermediaries asking them to show Khamad Umarov's tomb.
The "Caucasian Knot" has reported earlier that in May 2005, Doku Umarov's father, then 70, wife and a baby of six months old were kidnapped in Chechnya. On August 12, 2005, Natalia Khumaidova, Umarov's sister, was kidnapped in the southwest of Chechnya by armed persons in camouflage. Some months earlier, his brother Ruslan Umarov, 43, father of four children, was captured and taken away by unknown armed persons. In 2003 and 2004, Doku Umarov's cousin Zaurbek and nephew Roman Ataev were kidnapped. According to separatists, all the kidnapped persons were put into Ramzan Kadyrov's personal prison Hosi-Yurt village.
- Marriage of Guchigov and Goylabieva reveals vulnerability of first wives
- Residents of Nalchik hold mourning march on Adygs' Memory Day
- Ilham Aliev's refusal to attend EaP summit has to do to criticism of human rights violations
- Head of Novokubansk District offered to resign
- Former special forces officer appointed new chief of North-Caucasian VOGOiP
- Ashot Gulyan re-elected speaker of NKR's National Assembly
- Sergey Krivenko, HRC member, speaks at Bogatenkova's trial
- Relatives of missing Zamir Pashaev ask rights defenders to help in finding him
- Dagestan: Nuridin Magomedov was thought to be militants' helper
- Petition on court disqualification in Amirov's case rejected