20 April 2007, 23:44
Doku Umarov's father killed in Chechnya
Khamad Umarov, 74, father of Doku Umarov, leader of Chechen separatists, was killed. According to one of militants' Internet web sites, Umarov's father was kidnapped back on May 5, 2005, by the employees of the "Oil Regiment" headed by Adam Demilkhanov.
It is reported that representatives of the Russian party have addressed separatists through intermediaries asking them to show Khamad Umarov's tomb.
The "Caucasian Knot" has reported earlier that in May 2005, Doku Umarov's father, then 70, wife and a baby of six months old were kidnapped in Chechnya. On August 12, 2005, Natalia Khumaidova, Umarov's sister, was kidnapped in the southwest of Chechnya by armed persons in camouflage. Some months earlier, his brother Ruslan Umarov, 43, father of four children, was captured and taken away by unknown armed persons. In 2003 and 2004, Doku Umarov's cousin Zaurbek and nephew Roman Ataev were kidnapped. According to separatists, all the kidnapped persons were put into Ramzan Kadyrov's personal prison Hosi-Yurt village.
- Zaur Tokhov, sentenced for attack on Nalchik, hospitalized
- Azerbaijani MoD reports on death of its soldier
- Police seize weapons from car of persons killed in firefight in Khasavyurt
- Russian SC upholds verdict against Timur Tangiev
- In Dagestan, experts believe Ruslan Magomedragimov was killed
- In Shushiya, villagers offer hunger-strikers to hold rally and appeal to ECtHR
- Students of NCFU and DSU deny presence of IS recruiters in their universities
- Sergey Melikov: 1500 militants from NCFD join IS
- Russian military base granted new territories in Gyumri
- ECtHR finds Russian authorities guilty in case of Zhebrailov brothers kidnapped in Chechnya