20 April 2007, 23:44
Doku Umarov's father killed in Chechnya
Khamad Umarov, 74, father of Doku Umarov, leader of Chechen separatists, was killed. According to one of militants' Internet web sites, Umarov's father was kidnapped back on May 5, 2005, by the employees of the "Oil Regiment" headed by Adam Demilkhanov.
It is reported that representatives of the Russian party have addressed separatists through intermediaries asking them to show Khamad Umarov's tomb.
The "Caucasian Knot" has reported earlier that in May 2005, Doku Umarov's father, then 70, wife and a baby of six months old were kidnapped in Chechnya. On August 12, 2005, Natalia Khumaidova, Umarov's sister, was kidnapped in the southwest of Chechnya by armed persons in camouflage. Some months earlier, his brother Ruslan Umarov, 43, father of four children, was captured and taken away by unknown armed persons. In 2003 and 2004, Doku Umarov's cousin Zaurbek and nephew Roman Ataev were kidnapped. According to separatists, all the kidnapped persons were put into Ramzan Kadyrov's personal prison Hosi-Yurt village.
- Russia's Cabinet of Ministers approves alliance treaty with Abkhazia
- Azerbaijan: Ilgar Mamedov transferred to colony medical unit
- NAC: militant killed in Derbent was wanted for organizing bombings in Dagestan
- Chechen authorities save power through mass power disconnections, residents assert
- Nalchik has no conditions for disabled, activists of "Accessible Environment" assert
- KBR's SC rejects compensation claim of 55 Chernobyl accident liquidators
- NKR states that Azerbaijan is constantly shelling the area of helicopter crash
- In Dagestan, meeting on Karaman ends in a brawl
- Hideout with IEDs worth 50 kg of TNT found in Dagestan
- Azerbaijani journalist Mirkadyrov not released from prison after his arrest term