20 April 2007, 23:44
Doku Umarov's father killed in Chechnya
Khamad Umarov, 74, father of Doku Umarov, leader of Chechen separatists, was killed. According to one of militants' Internet web sites, Umarov's father was kidnapped back on May 5, 2005, by the employees of the "Oil Regiment" headed by Adam Demilkhanov.
It is reported that representatives of the Russian party have addressed separatists through intermediaries asking them to show Khamad Umarov's tomb.
The "Caucasian Knot" has reported earlier that in May 2005, Doku Umarov's father, then 70, wife and a baby of six months old were kidnapped in Chechnya. On August 12, 2005, Natalia Khumaidova, Umarov's sister, was kidnapped in the southwest of Chechnya by armed persons in camouflage. Some months earlier, his brother Ruslan Umarov, 43, father of four children, was captured and taken away by unknown armed persons. In 2003 and 2004, Doku Umarov's cousin Zaurbek and nephew Roman Ataev were kidnapped. According to separatists, all the kidnapped persons were put into Ramzan Kadyrov's personal prison Hosi-Yurt village.
- Turkic conference in Grozny presents educational projects for students and Lyceum pupils
- Dadaev's advocate asks CoA to acquit his client
- Three houses of militants' relatives already demolished in Gudermes, locals report
- Residents of Yerevan rally against price growth
- Buynaksk Salafi mosque-goers taken to police
- Professor Zubarevich does not find deficit of North-Caucasian budgets critical
- ICRF starts checking Kadyrov's statement in relation to "certain Kalyapin"
- Power agents name second militant killed in special operation in KBR
- Representatives of Azerbaijani Ombudsperson gave legal advice to Khadija Ismayilova
- Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe demands from Azerbaijani authorities to release Ilgar Mamedov