20 April 2007, 23:44
Doku Umarov's father killed in Chechnya
Khamad Umarov, 74, father of Doku Umarov, leader of Chechen separatists, was killed. According to one of militants' Internet web sites, Umarov's father was kidnapped back on May 5, 2005, by the employees of the "Oil Regiment" headed by Adam Demilkhanov.
It is reported that representatives of the Russian party have addressed separatists through intermediaries asking them to show Khamad Umarov's tomb.
The "Caucasian Knot" has reported earlier that in May 2005, Doku Umarov's father, then 70, wife and a baby of six months old were kidnapped in Chechnya. On August 12, 2005, Natalia Khumaidova, Umarov's sister, was kidnapped in the southwest of Chechnya by armed persons in camouflage. Some months earlier, his brother Ruslan Umarov, 43, father of four children, was captured and taken away by unknown armed persons. In 2003 and 2004, Doku Umarov's cousin Zaurbek and nephew Roman Ataev were kidnapped. According to separatists, all the kidnapped persons were put into Ramzan Kadyrov's personal prison Hosi-Yurt village.
- Brothers of Pakhrudin Magomedov who disappeared in Makhachkala were killed by law enforcers, their uncle asserts
- In Stavropol, doctors operate on student detained on suspicion of aiding terrorism
- In Dagestan, one of Amirs of Aukh militants swears to leader of "Islamic State"
- Georgia's GPO accuses Saakashvili under "Girgvliani's case"
- ECtHR obliges Russia to pay Said Amirov 15,000 euros for his detention
- In Moscow, advocates of Chechen natives accused of attacking policeman report on their clients' alibi
- ECtHR begins communicating with Azerbaijan on two complaints about torture and violations of right to liberty
- Gimry Tunnel will be opened on December 1, said Abdulatipov
- Resident of Makhachkala kidnapped in September found dead
- Dagestan: first group of Vremenny residents visit their homes with commission for assessing damage