20 April 2007, 23:44
Doku Umarov's father killed in Chechnya
Khamad Umarov, 74, father of Doku Umarov, leader of Chechen separatists, was killed. According to one of militants' Internet web sites, Umarov's father was kidnapped back on May 5, 2005, by the employees of the "Oil Regiment" headed by Adam Demilkhanov.
It is reported that representatives of the Russian party have addressed separatists through intermediaries asking them to show Khamad Umarov's tomb.
The "Caucasian Knot" has reported earlier that in May 2005, Doku Umarov's father, then 70, wife and a baby of six months old were kidnapped in Chechnya. On August 12, 2005, Natalia Khumaidova, Umarov's sister, was kidnapped in the southwest of Chechnya by armed persons in camouflage. Some months earlier, his brother Ruslan Umarov, 43, father of four children, was captured and taken away by unknown armed persons. In 2003 and 2004, Doku Umarov's cousin Zaurbek and nephew Roman Ataev were kidnapped. According to separatists, all the kidnapped persons were put into Ramzan Kadyrov's personal prison Hosi-Yurt village.
- Krasnodar ecologist Evgeny Vitishko reprimanded in colony, activists report
- Advocate: Batyr Pukhaev, hunger-striking in Tskhinvali IVS, rejects hospitalization
- Dagestani power agents spread false version of Asoltan Amaev's death, relatives assert
- Russia's MFA: placement of OSCE observers at two border checkpoints in Rostov Region agreed
- Two wounded Ukrainian servicemen hospitalized today in Rostov Region
- Azerbaijani Centre to Resist Repressions calls to boycott European Games-2015 in Baku
- Relatives of Almaz Abdulnasyrov, killed in Stavropol Territory, asks prosecutors to check police's actions
- Dagestani SC starts considering appeal against Zarema Bagavutdinova's verdict
- Prigorodny District of North Ossetia gives foodstuffs to needy people
- In Makhachkala, police release all detained believers