20 April 2007, 23:44
Doku Umarov's father killed in Chechnya
Khamad Umarov, 74, father of Doku Umarov, leader of Chechen separatists, was killed. According to one of militants' Internet web sites, Umarov's father was kidnapped back on May 5, 2005, by the employees of the "Oil Regiment" headed by Adam Demilkhanov.
It is reported that representatives of the Russian party have addressed separatists through intermediaries asking them to show Khamad Umarov's tomb.
The "Caucasian Knot" has reported earlier that in May 2005, Doku Umarov's father, then 70, wife and a baby of six months old were kidnapped in Chechnya. On August 12, 2005, Natalia Khumaidova, Umarov's sister, was kidnapped in the southwest of Chechnya by armed persons in camouflage. Some months earlier, his brother Ruslan Umarov, 43, father of four children, was captured and taken away by unknown armed persons. In 2003 and 2004, Doku Umarov's cousin Zaurbek and nephew Roman Ataev were kidnapped. According to separatists, all the kidnapped persons were put into Ramzan Kadyrov's personal prison Hosi-Yurt village.
- NSDC announced death of four border guards because of shelling from Rostov Region
- Georgia's GPO accuses Mikhail Saakashvili of excess of power
- Refugees living in "Promzhilbaza" find it difficult to rent housing for money allocated by authorities
- MCC finds Orkhan Zeinalov guilty of Yegor Scherbakov's murder in Biryulyovo
- MfE: Rostov Region accommodates more than 40,000 Ukrainian refugees
- FSB: about 40 Ukrainian border guards get to Russia across Rostov section of Russian-Ukrainian border
- Georgia protests against "KaZantip" Festival
- Azerbaijan: Faraj Kerimli, arrested activist of "Musavat" Party, stated his innocence
- Chechen authorities impose sanctions on five US and EU officials
- In Dagestan, Abdulkadyrov's advocate cannot locate him