17 May 2007, 23:41
Beslan residents are against erection of a temple in the place of the tragedy
Representatives of the "Beslan Mothers" and the "Voice of Beslan" Committees are resolutely against the idea to build a church in the place of the tragedy.
"We think that no constructions should be there. The school should remain as it is now. It should be protected by a dome against degradation," Ella Kesaeva, leader of the "Voice of Beslan" Committee, told in her interview to the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent. Most of the victims and Beslan residents are of the same opinion.
According to Ella Kesaeva, "certain representatives of Orthodox Church are lobbying erection of their temple." Signatures are now being gathered in Beslan in support of this project. The victims view it as another act of confrontation and think that such issues are not for voting, since nobody should advocate one's faith by referring to the tragedy.
Author: Emma Marzoyeva, CK correspondent;
- Abramyan's detention in Stavropol IVS extended by five days
- Darya Polyudova's case returned for further investigation
- Khadija Ismayilova awarded Barbara Goldsmith's Award "Freedom to Write"
- Krasnodar residents complain about construction of multi-storied building near lake
- Participants of Moscow conference claim negative consequences of non-recognition of Armenian Genocide
- Dagestani native wanted in Turkey on suspicion of plotting terror act
- Police initiate investigation into case of beating Gadjimurad Omarov in Makhachkala
- Mikhail Abramyan's party colleagues report on his hunger strike at Stavropol IVS
- In Makhachkala, mosque employee arrested on suspicion of possessing ammunition
- In Sochi, Saveliev family members leave trial on their eviction in protest