17 May 2007, 23:41
Beslan residents are against erection of a temple in the place of the tragedy
Representatives of the "Beslan Mothers" and the "Voice of Beslan" Committees are resolutely against the idea to build a church in the place of the tragedy.
"We think that no constructions should be there. The school should remain as it is now. It should be protected by a dome against degradation," Ella Kesaeva, leader of the "Voice of Beslan" Committee, told in her interview to the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent. Most of the victims and Beslan residents are of the same opinion.
According to Ella Kesaeva, "certain representatives of Orthodox Church are lobbying erection of their temple." Signatures are now being gathered in Beslan in support of this project. The victims view it as another act of confrontation and think that such issues are not for voting, since nobody should advocate one's faith by referring to the tragedy.
Author: Emma Marzoyeva, CK correspondent;
- Advocate: three Buynaksk residents beaten at checkpoint by policemen in Dagestan
- Sochi Court finds Oksana Toropova guilty of beating court marshal
- Rasul Gamzatov is the fourth Islamic figure killed in Northern Caucasus in 2014
- In Moscow, "Enlightenment" Foundation reports on leaflets planted during search
- Starting from August 18, Makhachkala Airport will restrict passenger flights
- Defence of Zarema Khadjirokova claims authorities of Adygea put pressure on court
- Chechen Prosecutor's Office demands to reopen investigation into kidnapping of MIA's employee in 2004
- In Vladikavkaz, participants of symposium "Alanika" present projects on culture of Northern Caucasus
- Dagestan: policemen put physical pressure on detainee Akhmed Nurmagomedov, his advocate asserts
- Equipment and literature confiscated from office of "Enlightenment" Foundation in Moscow