17 May 2007, 23:41
Beslan residents are against erection of a temple in the place of the tragedy
Representatives of the "Beslan Mothers" and the "Voice of Beslan" Committees are resolutely against the idea to build a church in the place of the tragedy.
"We think that no constructions should be there. The school should remain as it is now. It should be protected by a dome against degradation," Ella Kesaeva, leader of the "Voice of Beslan" Committee, told in her interview to the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent. Most of the victims and Beslan residents are of the same opinion.
According to Ella Kesaeva, "certain representatives of Orthodox Church are lobbying erection of their temple." Signatures are now being gathered in Beslan in support of this project. The victims view it as another act of confrontation and think that such issues are not for voting, since nobody should advocate one's faith by referring to the tragedy.
Author: Emma Marzoyeva, CK correspondent;
- "Levada-Centre": 64% of Russian citizens believe authorities did their best to rescue hostages in Beslan
- In Krasnodar, activist Darya Polyudova arrested on suspicion of extremism
- In Rostov Region, schools welcome 7000 children of Ukrainian immigrants
- Knowledge Day in NCFD: regions face shortage of schools
- Sapiyat Magomedova complains to Dagestani ID about delays in investigation into case of her beating
- Zarema Khadjirokova accused of fraud goes on hunger strike in Maikop
- Prosecutor's Office of Azerbaijan bans Namazov's leaving the country
- Dudieva: on October 14, ECtHR to start considering complaint of Beslan victims
- During week of August 25-31, 2014, 3 persons fell victim to armed conflict in Northern Caucasus
- Moscow opens art project about Beslan victims