17 May 2007, 23:41
Beslan residents are against erection of a temple in the place of the tragedy
Representatives of the "Beslan Mothers" and the "Voice of Beslan" Committees are resolutely against the idea to build a church in the place of the tragedy.
"We think that no constructions should be there. The school should remain as it is now. It should be protected by a dome against degradation," Ella Kesaeva, leader of the "Voice of Beslan" Committee, told in her interview to the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent. Most of the victims and Beslan residents are of the same opinion.
According to Ella Kesaeva, "certain representatives of Orthodox Church are lobbying erection of their temple." Signatures are now being gathered in Beslan in support of this project. The victims view it as another act of confrontation and think that such issues are not for voting, since nobody should advocate one's faith by referring to the tragedy.
Author: Emma Marzoyeva, CK correspondent;
- Rights defender Ismaylova reports that Baku police refused to take her application about attack
- Azerbaijan: arrest of journalist Khadija Ismayilova extended until March 24
- Makhachkala: Envoy Melikov raises issue of preparing for celebrating 2000 years of Derbent
- KBR resident convicted of aiding militants
- Chechen Prosecutor's Office demands to close 85 pages of the social network "VKontakte"
- MoDs of Armenia and Azerbaijan report shelling of their position in conflict zone
- Society needs details of inquiry into murder in Gyumri, said demonstrators in Yerevan
- Court in Dagestan rejects claim on Murad Nurmagomedov's unlawful arrest
- Armenian investigators check version of Permyakov's accomplices
- Armenia: relatives of Avetisyan family ask police to ensure their safety