17 May 2007, 23:41
Beslan residents are against erection of a temple in the place of the tragedy
Representatives of the "Beslan Mothers" and the "Voice of Beslan" Committees are resolutely against the idea to build a church in the place of the tragedy.
"We think that no constructions should be there. The school should remain as it is now. It should be protected by a dome against degradation," Ella Kesaeva, leader of the "Voice of Beslan" Committee, told in her interview to the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent. Most of the victims and Beslan residents are of the same opinion.
According to Ella Kesaeva, "certain representatives of Orthodox Church are lobbying erection of their temple." Signatures are now being gathered in Beslan in support of this project. The victims view it as another act of confrontation and think that such issues are not for voting, since nobody should advocate one's faith by referring to the tragedy.
Author: Emma Marzoyeva, CK correspondent;
- Armenian CoA upholds verdict to Volodya Avetisyan
- Volgograd Region: 15 colony inmates commit self-mutilation
- At UN HRC session, "Article-19" demands from Russian authorities to reopen inquiry into Ahmednabiev's killing
- Dagestani court convicts Abakarova for possessing "suicide belt"
- In Azerbaijan, Leyla Yunus' advocate stats that she is pressed by two cellmates
- Volgodonsk commemorates victims of 1999 terror act
- Krasnodar Territory to deploy over 70 TACs for Ukrainian refugees
- Nagorno-Karabakh: network of eco-village created from three villages
- Over 200 came to support Schagen Arutyunyan in Yerevan
- Ingush police searches shooters at GIBDD agents