17 May 2007, 23:41
Beslan residents are against erection of a temple in the place of the tragedy
Representatives of the "Beslan Mothers" and the "Voice of Beslan" Committees are resolutely against the idea to build a church in the place of the tragedy.
"We think that no constructions should be there. The school should remain as it is now. It should be protected by a dome against degradation," Ella Kesaeva, leader of the "Voice of Beslan" Committee, told in her interview to the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent. Most of the victims and Beslan residents are of the same opinion.
According to Ella Kesaeva, "certain representatives of Orthodox Church are lobbying erection of their temple." Signatures are now being gathered in Beslan in support of this project. The victims view it as another act of confrontation and think that such issues are not for voting, since nobody should advocate one's faith by referring to the tragedy.
Author: Emma Marzoyeva, CK correspondent;Article source
- Tsarnaev's acquaintance found guilty of concealing evidence of terror act in Boston
- North-Caucasian militants released video evidence of Umarov's death
- Russia's MoJ adds HRC "Memorial" to registry of "foreign agents"
- In Stavropol Territory, policemen kill a man who opened fire on them
- Azerbaijani MIA confirms death of local in Karabakh conflict zone
- Explosion occurs near the house of City Duma Speaker in Zheleznovodsk
- Prosecution demands 18 years of imprisonment for Zeinalov
- On July 14-20, one person fell victim to armed conflict in Northern Caucasus
- Children of Ingush refugees leave for USA to spend three months in American families
- Ex-deputy head of Cherkessk OVD complains to ICRF about investigators