17 May 2007, 23:41
Beslan residents are against erection of a temple in the place of the tragedy
Representatives of the "Beslan Mothers" and the "Voice of Beslan" Committees are resolutely against the idea to build a church in the place of the tragedy.
"We think that no constructions should be there. The school should remain as it is now. It should be protected by a dome against degradation," Ella Kesaeva, leader of the "Voice of Beslan" Committee, told in her interview to the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent. Most of the victims and Beslan residents are of the same opinion.
According to Ella Kesaeva, "certain representatives of Orthodox Church are lobbying erection of their temple." Signatures are now being gathered in Beslan in support of this project. The victims view it as another act of confrontation and think that such issues are not for voting, since nobody should advocate one's faith by referring to the tragedy.
Author: Emma Marzoyeva, CK correspondent;
- Experts treat the version of Islamic-extremist trace in Nemtsov's murder as unlikely
- ICRF finds Nemtsov's murder possible because of Charlie Hebdo
- NKR residents come out to commemorate victims of Sumgait pogroms
- Nemtsov: contract for Kadyrov's loyalty to Putin hearing its end
- Action demanding Permyakov's transfer to Armenian party held in Yerevan
- Case of Migaev, a native of Chechnya, sent to SC
- Female suicide bomber who blew up bus in Nevinnomyssk in 2007 identified
- NAC confirms killing of six militants in Dagestan
- In Khimki, near Moscow, advocate of Ingush native, accused of robbery, states incorrect qualification of offence
- Reinvestigation into Ruslan Rakhaev's case completed in KChR