17 May 2007, 23:41
Beslan residents are against erection of a temple in the place of the tragedy
Representatives of the "Beslan Mothers" and the "Voice of Beslan" Committees are resolutely against the idea to build a church in the place of the tragedy.
"We think that no constructions should be there. The school should remain as it is now. It should be protected by a dome against degradation," Ella Kesaeva, leader of the "Voice of Beslan" Committee, told in her interview to the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent. Most of the victims and Beslan residents are of the same opinion.
According to Ella Kesaeva, "certain representatives of Orthodox Church are lobbying erection of their temple." Signatures are now being gathered in Beslan in support of this project. The victims view it as another act of confrontation and think that such issues are not for voting, since nobody should advocate one's faith by referring to the tragedy.
Author: Emma Marzoyeva, CK correspondent;
- Turkic conference in Grozny presents educational projects for students and Lyceum pupils
- Dadaev's advocate asks CoA to acquit his client
- Three houses of militants' relatives already demolished in Gudermes, locals report
- Residents of Yerevan rally against price growth
- Buynaksk Salafi mosque-goers taken to police
- Professor Zubarevich does not find deficit of North-Caucasian budgets critical
- ICRF starts checking Kadyrov's statement in relation to "certain Kalyapin"
- Authorities of Grozny promise to open House of Press by December 25
- Power agents name second militant killed in special operation in KBR
- Representatives of Azerbaijani Ombudsperson gave legal advice to Khadija Ismayilova