17 May 2007, 23:41
Beslan residents are against erection of a temple in the place of the tragedy
Representatives of the "Beslan Mothers" and the "Voice of Beslan" Committees are resolutely against the idea to build a church in the place of the tragedy.
"We think that no constructions should be there. The school should remain as it is now. It should be protected by a dome against degradation," Ella Kesaeva, leader of the "Voice of Beslan" Committee, told in her interview to the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent. Most of the victims and Beslan residents are of the same opinion.
According to Ella Kesaeva, "certain representatives of Orthodox Church are lobbying erection of their temple." Signatures are now being gathered in Beslan in support of this project. The victims view it as another act of confrontation and think that such issues are not for voting, since nobody should advocate one's faith by referring to the tragedy.
Author: Emma Marzoyeva, CK correspondent;
- Experts note similarities in deaths of Kuashev and Magomedragimov
- Resident of Dagestan detained on suspicion of trying to sell her baby
- Journalists were not admitted to sentencing in Akhmedilov's murder case
- On March 23-29, at least 2 persons fell victim to armed conflict in Northern Caucasus
- RBC: witness confirms Dadaev's likelihood with Nemtsov's killer
- US students support Khadija Ismayilova
- "Kommersant": investigators detect organizer of Boris Nemtsov's murder
- Member of "Pre-Parliament" stabbed during rally in Gyumri
- "Chernovik": relatives and friends of Ruslan Magomedragimov report injection signs on his body
- Soldier of NKR Defence Army killed on contact line