27 July 2007, 14:06
"Beslan Mothers" ask FSB to declassify video and audio archives on Beslan
The members of the "Beslan Mothers" committee of victims have lodged a petition to Nikolai Patrushev, FSB Director, asking to declassify the archives of the events on September 1-3 in Beslan and present the materials to the investigatory group.
Susanna Dudieva, chair of the "Beslan Mothers" committee, has informed the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent that the petition marks that Ivan Sydoruk, Deputy Prosecutor General, stated, when meeting the victims, that there should be no secrets in the investigation of the act of terrorism in Beslan, and gave a respective order to interrogate the FSB employees who took part in the counterterrorist operation on September 1-3, 2004, in Beslan.
Meanwhile, the victims assert that the employees of the investigatory group of the State Office of Public Prosecutor, who are investigating the so-called "main case" on the Beslan terror act, declare that it is the FSB's position that hampers quick investigation.
Author: Alana Besolova, CK correspondent;
- Funeral of murdered policeman held in Dagestani village of Tsebari
- Vladikavkaz residents report on three cases of discharges to Terek in May
- Singers from Armenia, Georgia and Russia enter the "Eurovision" final
- In Buynaksk, mosque-goers released from police
- In Makhachkala, journalists granted awards in memory of Khadjimurad Kamalov
- Relatives of Dagestani resident Zamir Pashaev report on his kidnapping
- Darya Polyudova released after 10-day arrest
- In Dagestan, man killed in shootout
- Policeman shelled on Makhachkala-Buynaksk road
- Law enforcers carry out targeted checks in CTO area in Dagestan