27 July 2007, 14:06
"Beslan Mothers" ask FSB to declassify video and audio archives on Beslan
The members of the "Beslan Mothers" committee of victims have lodged a petition to Nikolai Patrushev, FSB Director, asking to declassify the archives of the events on September 1-3 in Beslan and present the materials to the investigatory group.
Susanna Dudieva, chair of the "Beslan Mothers" committee, has informed the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent that the petition marks that Ivan Sydoruk, Deputy Prosecutor General, stated, when meeting the victims, that there should be no secrets in the investigation of the act of terrorism in Beslan, and gave a respective order to interrogate the FSB employees who took part in the counterterrorist operation on September 1-3, 2004, in Beslan.
Meanwhile, the victims assert that the employees of the investigatory group of the State Office of Public Prosecutor, who are investigating the so-called "main case" on the Beslan terror act, declare that it is the FSB's position that hampers quick investigation.
Author: Alana Besolova, CK correspondent;Article source
- "Musavat" activist Kerimli was detained on suspicion of drug possession, Azerbaijani MIA asserts
- Georgian ensemble "Sukhishvili" cancels its concert in Russia
- Doctors in Grozny decide not to drive the beaten girl out of coma
- Relatives of Almaz Abdulnasyrov, killed in Stavropol Territory, asks prosecutors to check police's actions
- Prigorodny District of North Ossetia gives foodstuffs to needy people
- In Makhachkala, police release all detained believers
- Body of missing resident of Dagestan found
- Convicted member of Tsapok's gang stops hunger strike, Prosecutor's Office of Krasnodar Territory reports
- Faraj Kerimli, activist of "Musavat" Party, detained in Azerbaijan
- In Adygea, participants of the library flash mob give out 50 books