27 July 2007, 14:06
"Beslan Mothers" ask FSB to declassify video and audio archives on Beslan
The members of the "Beslan Mothers" committee of victims have lodged a petition to Nikolai Patrushev, FSB Director, asking to declassify the archives of the events on September 1-3 in Beslan and present the materials to the investigatory group.
Susanna Dudieva, chair of the "Beslan Mothers" committee, has informed the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent that the petition marks that Ivan Sydoruk, Deputy Prosecutor General, stated, when meeting the victims, that there should be no secrets in the investigation of the act of terrorism in Beslan, and gave a respective order to interrogate the FSB employees who took part in the counterterrorist operation on September 1-3, 2004, in Beslan.
Meanwhile, the victims assert that the employees of the investigatory group of the State Office of Public Prosecutor, who are investigating the so-called "main case" on the Beslan terror act, declare that it is the FSB's position that hampers quick investigation.
Author: Alana Besolova, CK correspondent;
- Rauf Mirkadirov's family granted political asylum in Switzerland
- Kislovodsk prosecutor's office cancels rejection to open criminal case on threats to Baichorov
- Turkic conference in Grozny presents educational projects for students and Lyceum pupils
- Tsarnaev's classmate confesses of keeping firearms and drugs
- Chechen residents report demolition of militant's family house in Gudermes District
- Acts of violence against journalists in Armenia remain unpunished, rights defenders assert
- Ilkin Rustamzade put into dungeon of Baku SIZO for second time within month
- Court in Baku rejects complaint of rights defender Rasul Jafarov who claimed to change his custody
- Defence of Chechen native convicted in Pugachov intends to appeal against the verdict
- Armenian court takes to consideration appeals in the case of participants of "Million Mask March"