27 July 2007, 14:06
"Beslan Mothers" ask FSB to declassify video and audio archives on Beslan
The members of the "Beslan Mothers" committee of victims have lodged a petition to Nikolai Patrushev, FSB Director, asking to declassify the archives of the events on September 1-3 in Beslan and present the materials to the investigatory group.
Susanna Dudieva, chair of the "Beslan Mothers" committee, has informed the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent that the petition marks that Ivan Sydoruk, Deputy Prosecutor General, stated, when meeting the victims, that there should be no secrets in the investigation of the act of terrorism in Beslan, and gave a respective order to interrogate the FSB employees who took part in the counterterrorist operation on September 1-3, 2004, in Beslan.
Meanwhile, the victims assert that the employees of the investigatory group of the State Office of Public Prosecutor, who are investigating the so-called "main case" on the Beslan terror act, declare that it is the FSB's position that hampers quick investigation.
Author: Alana Besolova, CK correspondent;
- Gimry Tunnel will be opened on December 1, said Abdulatipov
- Resident of Makhachkala kidnapped in September found dead
- Dagestan: first group of Vremenny residents visit their homes with commission for assessing damage
- Turkish citizen of Circassian origin detained in Minvody
- Resident of Ingushetia sentenced to 13 years in prison for blowing up APC with OMON fighters in Chechnya
- Baku hosts action demanding release of Askerov and Guliev detained in NKR
- Law enforcers cancel CTO regime in Untsukul District of Dagestan
- Twenty-three Georgian cities hold actions against use of violence to women
- In Karabudakhkent District, law enforcers planted firearms on a local, his relatives assert
- Rights defender Elchin Namazov arrested in Azerbaijan