27 July 2007, 14:06
"Beslan Mothers" ask FSB to declassify video and audio archives on Beslan
The members of the "Beslan Mothers" committee of victims have lodged a petition to Nikolai Patrushev, FSB Director, asking to declassify the archives of the events on September 1-3 in Beslan and present the materials to the investigatory group.
Susanna Dudieva, chair of the "Beslan Mothers" committee, has informed the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent that the petition marks that Ivan Sydoruk, Deputy Prosecutor General, stated, when meeting the victims, that there should be no secrets in the investigation of the act of terrorism in Beslan, and gave a respective order to interrogate the FSB employees who took part in the counterterrorist operation on September 1-3, 2004, in Beslan.
Meanwhile, the victims assert that the employees of the investigatory group of the State Office of Public Prosecutor, who are investigating the so-called "main case" on the Beslan terror act, declare that it is the FSB's position that hampers quick investigation.
Author: Alana Besolova, CK correspondent;
- Kurban Kurbanov, head of Derbent District, detained in Dagestan
- Rally in Yerevan blames Armenian President for violating presumption of innocence
- Advocates of Intigam Aliev could not meet their client in SIZO
- Ten Zverevo residents go on endless hunger strike demanding to return utility benefits
- Dagestan reopens investigation into Sapiyat Magomedova's beating
- UN delegates see no reasons for international help to Ukrainian refugees in Rostov Region
- Chechen military commissariats to recruit higher school graduates first
- NAC promises to open Gimry Tunnel on October 5
- Residents of Vremenny village claim law enforcers destroy household structures
- In Tbilisi, unidentified attackers beat up "Asaval-Dasavali" journalist