27 July 2007, 14:06
"Beslan Mothers" ask FSB to declassify video and audio archives on Beslan
The members of the "Beslan Mothers" committee of victims have lodged a petition to Nikolai Patrushev, FSB Director, asking to declassify the archives of the events on September 1-3 in Beslan and present the materials to the investigatory group.
Susanna Dudieva, chair of the "Beslan Mothers" committee, has informed the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent that the petition marks that Ivan Sydoruk, Deputy Prosecutor General, stated, when meeting the victims, that there should be no secrets in the investigation of the act of terrorism in Beslan, and gave a respective order to interrogate the FSB employees who took part in the counterterrorist operation on September 1-3, 2004, in Beslan.
Meanwhile, the victims assert that the employees of the investigatory group of the State Office of Public Prosecutor, who are investigating the so-called "main case" on the Beslan terror act, declare that it is the FSB's position that hampers quick investigation.
Author: Alana Besolova, CK correspondent;Article source
- Georgia's GPO accuses Mikhail Saakashvili of excess of power
- Stavropol Territory: former investigator sentenced to one year of freedom deprivation for arbitrariness
- Local executed by unidentified persons in Nazran District of Ingushetia
- Refugees living in "Promzhilbaza" find it difficult to rent housing for money allocated by authorities
- MCC finds Orkhan Zeinalov guilty of Yegor Scherbakov's murder in Biryulyovo
- Needy people of Vladikavkaz receive 400 food parcels for the end of Ramadan
- During week of July 21-27, 2014, 6 persons fell victim to armed conflict in Northern Caucasus
- Levon Airapetyan's friend reports on deterioration of businessman's health at Moscow SIZO
- MfE: Rostov Region accommodates more than 40,000 Ukrainian refugees
- On eve of Eid al-Fitr, Chechnya enhances security measures