27 July 2007, 14:06
"Beslan Mothers" ask FSB to declassify video and audio archives on Beslan
The members of the "Beslan Mothers" committee of victims have lodged a petition to Nikolai Patrushev, FSB Director, asking to declassify the archives of the events on September 1-3 in Beslan and present the materials to the investigatory group.
Susanna Dudieva, chair of the "Beslan Mothers" committee, has informed the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent that the petition marks that Ivan Sydoruk, Deputy Prosecutor General, stated, when meeting the victims, that there should be no secrets in the investigation of the act of terrorism in Beslan, and gave a respective order to interrogate the FSB employees who took part in the counterterrorist operation on September 1-3, 2004, in Beslan.
Meanwhile, the victims assert that the employees of the investigatory group of the State Office of Public Prosecutor, who are investigating the so-called "main case" on the Beslan terror act, declare that it is the FSB's position that hampers quick investigation.
Author: Alana Besolova, CK correspondent;
- Baku: rights defenders urge Brasseur to force Azerbaijani authorities to improve human rights situation
- Grozny celebrates Day of Chechen Woman under enhanced security measures
- Week in the Caucasus: review of main events of September 15-21
- Residents of Gimry and Vremenny report inspections and searches
- Two persons killed in shootout in Ingushetia
- Leyla Yunus complains about increased pressure
- KBR: law enforcers promise to investigate use of violence against detainees
- In Yerevan, annual festival "Literary Ark-2014" gathers writers from 11 countries
- Hundred women attend First Congress of Muslim Women of North Ossetia
- KBR residents celebrate Adygs' Day for the first time