27 July 2007, 14:06
"Beslan Mothers" ask FSB to declassify video and audio archives on Beslan
The members of the "Beslan Mothers" committee of victims have lodged a petition to Nikolai Patrushev, FSB Director, asking to declassify the archives of the events on September 1-3 in Beslan and present the materials to the investigatory group.
Susanna Dudieva, chair of the "Beslan Mothers" committee, has informed the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent that the petition marks that Ivan Sydoruk, Deputy Prosecutor General, stated, when meeting the victims, that there should be no secrets in the investigation of the act of terrorism in Beslan, and gave a respective order to interrogate the FSB employees who took part in the counterterrorist operation on September 1-3, 2004, in Beslan.
Meanwhile, the victims assert that the employees of the investigatory group of the State Office of Public Prosecutor, who are investigating the so-called "main case" on the Beslan terror act, declare that it is the FSB's position that hampers quick investigation.
Author: Alana Besolova, CK correspondent;
- Freedom House calls on Azerbaijani authorities to grant medical care to Intigam Aliev
- Mother of Deputy Imam of Makhachkala seeks rights defenders' help
- Direct election of Sochi Mayor abolished
- Polyudova fails to appeal against her administrative arrest
- Kadyrov drops in rating of "governors' survivability"
- Armenian protesters expect gradual increase of power tariffs
- Mosque-goers report on detention of deputy imam of Makhachkala mosque
- Two suspected militants' helpers detained in Chechnya
- Resident of Chechnya sentenced to 5 years of imprisonment for taking part in war in Syria
- Geidar Djemal: Magomed Suleimanov is new leader of "Imarat Kavkaz"