13 August 2007, 11:19
Ex-wife of commander of Kabardino-Balkarian militants seeks protection from President of Russia
Zukhra Tsipinova, former wife of Anzor Astemirov, leader of Kabardino-Balkarian militants, has addressed her complaint to President of the Russian Federation (RF) V. Putin, General Public Prosecutor of the RF Yu. Chaika and Chair of the Human Rights Commission under the RF President E. Pamfilova.
The complaint states that starting from spring of 2005, she - Zukhra Tsipinova - and her son of 6, have been exposed to prosecution by employees of power agencies of Kabardino-Balkaria.
It is reported in Zukhra Tsipinova's complaint that in July 2005 by decision of the magistrate judge her marriage with Anzor Astemirov was dissolved, and since then, she knows nothing about his whereabouts. It was only from mass media that she had learnt about the attack on the Department of Drugs Control in Nalchik in December 2004 and about involvement of Astemirov, A. E., in this attack.
Further, the complaint deals with the author's unsuccessful attempts to change her son's surname. Directors of the two kindergartens where Astemirov-junior went suggested his mother to take the boy away from them.
On May 27, 2007, Zukhra Tsipinova got married anew and left for the Republic of Adygea. Hardly had she lived for five days only with the new husband when he was arrested. According to Zukhra's version, the employees of special agencies suggested to release her new husband in exchange for information about whereabouts of Anzor Astemirov.
Author: Luiza Orazayeva, CK correspondent;
- Beslan marks tenth anniversary of terror act
- Governor of Rostov Region announces closure of refugee centres
- In Grozny, relatives of missing people demand to punish kidnappers
- Family members of Kislovodsk Imam appeal to rights defenders for help in stopping criminal proceedings against him
- Chechen Prosecutor's Office resumes investigation into murder of pregnant woman committed 14 years ago
- In Azerbaijan, Ali Gyulalyev's father claims political motives of case against his son
- Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's defence seeks to postpone trial till September 2015
- In Kutaisi, hunger-striker from SIZO No. 2 taken to hospital
- International Society ‘Memorial’ calls for cessation of military aggression against Ukraine. Appeal to the President of the Russian Federation
- In Tbilisi, five NGO activists are fined for attempting to paint bridge in Ukrainian colours