13 August 2007, 11:19
Ex-wife of commander of Kabardino-Balkarian militants seeks protection from President of Russia
Zukhra Tsipinova, former wife of Anzor Astemirov, leader of Kabardino-Balkarian militants, has addressed her complaint to President of the Russian Federation (RF) V. Putin, General Public Prosecutor of the RF Yu. Chaika and Chair of the Human Rights Commission under the RF President E. Pamfilova.
The complaint states that starting from spring of 2005, she - Zukhra Tsipinova - and her son of 6, have been exposed to prosecution by employees of power agencies of Kabardino-Balkaria.
It is reported in Zukhra Tsipinova's complaint that in July 2005 by decision of the magistrate judge her marriage with Anzor Astemirov was dissolved, and since then, she knows nothing about his whereabouts. It was only from mass media that she had learnt about the attack on the Department of Drugs Control in Nalchik in December 2004 and about involvement of Astemirov, A. E., in this attack.
Further, the complaint deals with the author's unsuccessful attempts to change her son's surname. Directors of the two kindergartens where Astemirov-junior went suggested his mother to take the boy away from them.
On May 27, 2007, Zukhra Tsipinova got married anew and left for the Republic of Adygea. Hardly had she lived for five days only with the new husband when he was arrested. According to Zukhra's version, the employees of special agencies suggested to release her new husband in exchange for information about whereabouts of Anzor Astemirov.
Author: Luiza Orazayeva, CK correspondent;
- Freedom House places NKR among partially free countries
- Magomed Gadjiev sees charges in Dagestan
- ECtHR holds hearings on denial of Armenian Genocide
- Baku policemen accept application about attack from rights defender Ismaylova
- Ingushetia returns two potential participants of war in Syria
- Stavropol Territory: police and Cossacks urge not to give national context to murder in Minvody
- Russia's SC refuses to MoJ to liquidate "Memorial"
- Rights defender Ismaylova reports that Baku police refused to take her application about attack
- Court postpones consideration of complaint of HRC "Memorial" till February 12*
- In Armenia, three persons are successors of Avetisyan family