14 August 2007, 13:18
No answer from FSB to request of "Beslan Mothers" to declassify the video archive of the tragedy
Until now, the victims of the Beslan terror act have got no answer from the FSB (Federal Security Bureau) to their request on opening the video and audio archives of Beslan events.
"The sensational nature of the records kept there is in the fact that they confirm what hostages had used to say - there were no explosions inside the gym. The chaos started because of the shots from outside the school aimed at the roof of the gym. Then, the so-called storm attack began that caused the horrifying consequences," Aneta Gadieva, a member of the "Beslan Mothers" Committee, said to the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.
"They say that they have no records. ...However, I've got written evidences that the Prosecutor's Office and FSB made constant video filming at the incident place near School No. 1," Valery Karlov, one of the terror act victims, says.
"...We received the film by mail. There are people who help us to achieve an objective investigation," Susanna Dudieva, Chair of the "Beslan Mothers" Committee, told to the press conference, where the record was demonstrated. According to her story, "the video film contains evidences that the initial explosions took place outside, not inside the gym, as the investigation asserts, therefore, they were provoked."
Author: Emma Marzoyeva, CK correspondent;
- Residents of Dagestani Vremenny settlement complain to Children's Ombudsman about lack of warm clothes
- EP calls on Russia's MoJ to withdraw its claim on dissolution of "Memorial"
- After meeting with Nils Muižnieks, Azerbaijani activists hope for his help in addressing human rights problems
- Advocate of head of Committee "Mothers from Kuma River Area" appeals against arrest of rights defender
- "Levada Centre": situation in Ukraine affects Russians' opinion about Dubrovka terror act in Moscow
- Dagestan: hunger-striking students threaten to quit university if their demands are not met till end of week
- In Dagestan, law enforcers go around households in Gimry
- Azerbaijan sets up "Joint Human Rights Group"
- Rostov-on-Don to open polling station for electing Ukrainian MPs
- MoJ announces its readiness to withdraw claim on dissolution of "Memorial"