14 August 2007, 13:18

No answer from FSB to request of "Beslan Mothers" to declassify the video archive of the tragedy

Until now, the victims of the Beslan terror act have got no answer from the FSB (Federal Security Bureau) to their request on opening the video and audio archives of Beslan events.

"The sensational nature of the records kept there is in the fact that they confirm what hostages had used to say - there were no explosions inside the gym. The chaos started because of the shots from outside the school aimed at the roof of the gym. Then, the so-called storm attack began that caused the horrifying consequences," Aneta Gadieva, a member of the "Beslan Mothers" Committee, said to the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.

"They say that they have no records. ...However, I've got written evidences that the Prosecutor's Office and FSB made constant video filming at the incident place near School No. 1," Valery Karlov, one of the terror act victims, says.

"...We received the film by mail. There are people who help us to achieve an objective investigation," Susanna Dudieva, Chair of the "Beslan Mothers" Committee, told to the press conference, where the record was demonstrated. According to her story, "the video film contains evidences that the initial explosions took place outside, not inside the gym, as the investigation asserts, therefore, they were provoked."

Author: Emma Marzoyeva, CK correspondent;

Form of mobile communication
SMS: 8 903-767-6060

Know more? Do not be silent!

Lt-feedback_banner

August 27, 2014 18:02

  • Rights defenders: contract soldiers lost in Rostov Region fought in Ukraine

    The contract servicemen, who were announced as perished at the firing range in the Rostov Region, in fact fought in the territory of Ukraine, said Lyudmila Bogatenkova, the head of the committee "Mothers of Prikumye". The "Mothers of Prikumye" have at their disposal a list of lost and wounded soldiers with indication of their names, surnames, patronymics and military ranks, Lyudmila Bogatenkova told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.

August 27, 2014 13:03

August 27, 2014 05:37

  • 18 refugee families return to Chechnya from Ingush TACs

    On August 23, 18 families of refugees from the ChechenRepublic, who have been living in temporary accommodation centres (TACs) in Ingushetia for 20 years, are provided with comfortable apartments in the city of Grozny. This was told to the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent by Isa Askhabov, the head of the Department of Housing and Communal Services of the Grozny city administration.

August 27, 2014 02:41

  • Sochi resident detained in Ukraine returns to his homeland after POW exchange

    Igor Siskevich, a resident of Sochi, has spent more than one month at a pre-trial detention facility in Ukraine. He has managed to return home after an exchange of prisoners of war (POWs) and detainees had been conducted, the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent reports. The local office of the Communist Party of Russia held a press conference in connection with the return of Igor Siskevich.

August 27, 2014 01:37

August 26, 2014 11:07

  • North Ossetia: Muftiyat starts fundraising to help Gamzatov's family

    In North Ossetia, the Spiritual Administration of Muslims (SAM) has appealed to the public with request to help the family members of murdered Imam Rasul Gamzatov. The Imam left five children, and his wife is waiting for the birth of the sixth child; however, the family does not have own housing.

August 26, 2014 03:45

August 26, 2014 02:19

  • In Rostov Region, nine soldiers perished, HRC reports

    According to the Presidential Council for Civil Society Institutions and Human Rights (HRC), in the Rostov Region, nine soldiers perished in the vicinities of the military training ground. So far, no official confirmation of the information about the soldiers' deaths is available.

All news

Погода в 49 городах Кавказа
News archive