14 August 2007, 13:18
No answer from FSB to request of "Beslan Mothers" to declassify the video archive of the tragedy
Until now, the victims of the Beslan terror act have got no answer from the FSB (Federal Security Bureau) to their request on opening the video and audio archives of Beslan events.
"The sensational nature of the records kept there is in the fact that they confirm what hostages had used to say - there were no explosions inside the gym. The chaos started because of the shots from outside the school aimed at the roof of the gym. Then, the so-called storm attack began that caused the horrifying consequences," Aneta Gadieva, a member of the "Beslan Mothers" Committee, said to the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.
"They say that they have no records. ...However, I've got written evidences that the Prosecutor's Office and FSB made constant video filming at the incident place near School No. 1," Valery Karlov, one of the terror act victims, says.
"...We received the film by mail. There are people who help us to achieve an objective investigation," Susanna Dudieva, Chair of the "Beslan Mothers" Committee, told to the press conference, where the record was demonstrated. According to her story, "the video film contains evidences that the initial explosions took place outside, not inside the gym, as the investigation asserts, therefore, they were provoked."
Author: Emma Marzoyeva, CK correspondent;
- Human rights defenders and diplomats comdemn impunity in Akhmednabiev case
- In August 2014, 31 persons fell victim to armed conflict in Northern Caucasus
- In Volgograd, TEC rejects demand of "Rodina" candidate to recount votes
- In Kobuleti, locals protest against opening medrese
- 76 Azerbaijani life convicts ask Ilham Aliev to revise their cases
- In Dagestan, defence of convict for keeping "suicide belt" prepares appeal
- Over 400 refugees return daily to Ukraine from Russia through Rostov Region
- SIS of Armenia starts investigating attack on "A1+" journalist
- Sochi: defence of ex-Vice Mayor Vronsky demands from current Mayor to appear at trial
- Prosecutor's Office refuses to open criminal case on beating journalist Farkhadoglu in Baku