05 November 2007, 11:02
IC of Kabardino-Balkaria: hunters' killers could participate in attack on Nalchik
According to one of the versions, the militants who murdered hunters in the forest near Lechinkai village on November 4 could be involved in the attack on power agencies of Kabardino-Balkaria in October 2005.
This version was announced to the press conference in Nalchik by Valery Ustov, head of the Investigatory Committee (IC) of the Kabardino-Balkarian Republic (KBR). He added that the dugout where the militants kept hiding had enough room for 10-12 persons; it was nicely equipped and contained a significant stock of foodstuffs.
In Mr Ustov's opinion, the murderers could take the hunters for militiamen, since they were dressed in camouflage.
Currently, the law enforcement bodies are in active search for the militants.
We remind you that some 20 person are still searched on suspicion of participating in the events on October 13-14, 2005.
On November 4, five kilometres off Lechinkai village nine bodies were discovered - of murdered hunters and huntsmen. Their hands were roped, and they had been shot dead in the nape. The victims were deprived of their rifles, mobile phones and hunting knives. Four hunting dogs were also killed. Among the murdered hunters there are residents of Nizhni Chegem village who went hunting in the morning on November 3.
Author: Luiza Orazayeva, CK correspondent;
- Sister of Babaev who died in Azerbaijani colony disagrees with examination
- Solo picket against hostilities in Ukraine held in Volgograd
- Demand to extradite Permyakov to Armenian law enforcement bodies signed by 8000
- Armenia's MoD states liquidation of subversive group on border with Azerbaijan
- Advocate of Yuri Vazagashvili demands removal of investigators in his son's death case
- CoA finds former head of Georgia's Military Police guilty of torture
- Journalistic community perplexed with verdict to Reznik
- Dagestani authorities report 20,000-strong nationwide mawlid
- Two Armenian soldiers perished in Armenian-Azerbaijani conflict zone
- At press conference in Moscow, Reznik's defence states violation of his rights