05 November 2007, 11:02
IC of Kabardino-Balkaria: hunters' killers could participate in attack on Nalchik
According to one of the versions, the militants who murdered hunters in the forest near Lechinkai village on November 4 could be involved in the attack on power agencies of Kabardino-Balkaria in October 2005.
This version was announced to the press conference in Nalchik by Valery Ustov, head of the Investigatory Committee (IC) of the Kabardino-Balkarian Republic (KBR). He added that the dugout where the militants kept hiding had enough room for 10-12 persons; it was nicely equipped and contained a significant stock of foodstuffs.
In Mr Ustov's opinion, the murderers could take the hunters for militiamen, since they were dressed in camouflage.
Currently, the law enforcement bodies are in active search for the militants.
We remind you that some 20 person are still searched on suspicion of participating in the events on October 13-14, 2005.
On November 4, five kilometres off Lechinkai village nine bodies were discovered - of murdered hunters and huntsmen. Their hands were roped, and they had been shot dead in the nape. The victims were deprived of their rifles, mobile phones and hunting knives. Four hunting dogs were also killed. Among the murdered hunters there are residents of Nizhni Chegem village who went hunting in the morning on November 3.
Author: Luiza Orazayeva, CK correspondent;Article source
- "Musavat" activist Kerimli was detained on suspicion of drug possession, Azerbaijani MIA asserts
- Doctors in Grozny decide not to drive the beaten girl out of coma
- Relatives of Almaz Abdulnasyrov, killed in Stavropol Territory, asks prosecutors to check police's actions
- Prigorodny District of North Ossetia gives foodstuffs to needy people
- Body of missing resident of Dagestan found
- Convicted member of Tsapok's gang stops hunger strike, Prosecutor's Office of Krasnodar Territory reports
- Faraj Kerimli, activist of "Musavat" Party, detained in Azerbaijan
- Rostov Governor asks Medvedev to send more Ukrainian refugees to other regions
- Canada creates International Circassian Organization to Support Repatriation
- Man killed in Novoselitskoe District of Stavropol Territory is Almaz Abdulnasyrov, says his wife