05 November 2007, 11:02
IC of Kabardino-Balkaria: hunters' killers could participate in attack on Nalchik
According to one of the versions, the militants who murdered hunters in the forest near Lechinkai village on November 4 could be involved in the attack on power agencies of Kabardino-Balkaria in October 2005.
This version was announced to the press conference in Nalchik by Valery Ustov, head of the Investigatory Committee (IC) of the Kabardino-Balkarian Republic (KBR). He added that the dugout where the militants kept hiding had enough room for 10-12 persons; it was nicely equipped and contained a significant stock of foodstuffs.
In Mr Ustov's opinion, the murderers could take the hunters for militiamen, since they were dressed in camouflage.
Currently, the law enforcement bodies are in active search for the militants.
We remind you that some 20 person are still searched on suspicion of participating in the events on October 13-14, 2005.
On November 4, five kilometres off Lechinkai village nine bodies were discovered - of murdered hunters and huntsmen. Their hands were roped, and they had been shot dead in the nape. The victims were deprived of their rifles, mobile phones and hunting knives. Four hunting dogs were also killed. Among the murdered hunters there are residents of Nizhni Chegem village who went hunting in the morning on November 3.
Author: Luiza Orazayeva, CK correspondent;
- Zaur Tokhov, sentenced for attack on Nalchik, hospitalized
- Azerbaijani MoD reports on death of its soldier
- "Kommersant": witness to Boris Nemtsov's murder does not confirm testimony of Zaur Dadaev
- Police seize weapons from car of persons killed in firefight in Khasavyurt
- Russian SC upholds verdict against Timur Tangiev
- In Dagestan, experts believe Ruslan Magomedragimov was killed
- In Shushiya, villagers offer hunger-strikers to hold rally and appeal to ECtHR
- Students of NCFU and DSU deny presence of IS recruiters in their universities
- Sergey Melikov: 1500 militants from NCFD join IS
- Russian military base granted new territories in Gyumri