06 March 2008, 15:52

Supreme Court upholds acquittal of Ingush militiamen on Beslan events

Today, the Supreme Court of Russia has upheld the acquittal verdict to commanders of the Malgobek ROVD (District Interior Division) of Ingushetia accused of professional negligence during the events in Beslan in September 2004.

"The Judicial Board has ruled as follows: the verdict of the Supreme Court of Ingushetia of October 5, 2007, in relation to Mukhazhir Evloev and Ahmed Kotiev shall be left unchanged, and the cassation complaints - unsatisfied," the judge said when announcing the decision.

Thus, the cassation complaint of more than 200 victims has been rejected, the ITAR-TASS reports. The victims in the case had asked to cancel the acquittal verdict based on the verdict of jurymen because of remedial violations, the "Interfax" reports.

"In particular, the jury included relatives of the defendants and terrorists," Ella Kesaeva, representative of the victims and member of the All-Russian Public Organization "Voice of Beslan", told to the RIA "Novosti".

In this context, the victims assert that the jurymen were interested in the outcomes of the suit.

Among the violations, Ms Kesaeva has also named the discrepancies between the printouts of the judicial sessions and the minutes, which were taken at the court sessions. "There were clamant violations at the sessions," she said.

The trial was held in the closed mode, as the files of the criminal case were classified.

After the session, Ella Kesaeva has informed that the victims are going to appeal against the decision of the Supreme Court of Russia to the European Court for Human Rights.

Form of mobile communication
SMS: 8 903-767-6060

Know more? Do not be silent!

Lt feedback banner e01cf55c0487ab086773693a4f9f867af4d4bf9ccaab912687ca14ae806e7435
All news

November 28, 2015 23:57

  • Documentary "Sons of Ichkeria" screened in Paris almost 20 years after filming

    In France, nearly ten years after editing, a presentation of the documentary "Sons of Ichkeria" took place. The documentary filmed by Florent Marcie in 1996 contains unique footage of peaceful demonstrations and protests in the besieged Grozny during the first Chechen War, as well as interviews with residents of Chechnya.

November 28, 2015 20:25

  • Bachi-Yurt villages report detentions in the village

    According to locals, power agents make mass detentions in Bachi-Yurt, Chechnya, of suspects of burning down a portrait of Ramzan Kadyrov's family member. So far, there is no confirmation of this information from law enforcement bodies or local administration.

November 28, 2015 18:29

  • Column of truckers from Dagestan stopped in Kalmykia

    The truckers, who were heading from the village of Manas to the protest action in Moscow, were stopped at the post of the road-and-post service (known as DPS) in Kalmykia, since power agents refuse to let empty trucks into the territory of Kalmykia, said a participant of the action. So far, there is no confirmation of this information from the police.

November 28, 2015 16:30

  • Picket against TV propaganda held in Rostov-on-Don

    State TV channels are spreading propaganda and blame foreign countries for all Russia's problems, but never speak about internal reasons of economic decline and rising prices in the country, the picketers in Rostov-on-Don have stated.

November 28, 2015 15:35

News archive