26 March 2008, 11:56
Relatives of the persons killed in special operation in Ingushetia receive their bodies without internals
Relatives of Madina Ausheva who was killed by Russian power agents on February 28, 2008, as a result of a special operation in Nazran suburb, assert that her body handed out to relatives was without internal organs.
The similar situation was with the bodies of two young men killed together with M. Ausheva - Ibragim Evloev, 28, and Akromat Genaev, 22. This is the topic of the press release issued by the regional social movement "Chechen Committee for National Salvation" (ChCNS).
The document notes that the assassinated Madina Ausheva was pregnant, which, in the opinion of human rights activists, challenges the official version that the casualty was shahid suicide-bomber.
The press release runs that one of the neighbours of the victims, who was witnessing the special operation on February 28, asserts that no armed resistance was rendered from the house, and power agents just hammered the house with intense fire from grenade launchers and other weapons.
Many neighbours also doubt that the casualties were militants, the statement of the ChCNS notes. Human rights activists draw attention to bewilderment of the people with the fact that "power agents prevented journalists to do their job and blocked the access to the place of the incident" even on the next day after the special operation.
- Astrakhan: Mikhail Stolyarov hospitalized from courthouse; his case suspended
- NAC: member of "Tsuntin" grouping killed in Dagestan
- 18 refugee families return to Chechnya from Ingush TACs
- Sochi resident detained in Ukraine returns to his homeland after POW exchange
- In Krasnodar Territory, doctor is fined for storing Jehovah's Witnesses' book at her working place
- Georgian Health Ministry sends delegation to help Ukraine
- Stavropol court rejects all petitions of advocates of Kurman-Ali Baichorov, Imam of Kislovodsk
- Russian experts doubt Khajimba's chances for serious reforms in Abkhazia
- Aliev's advocate reports violation of his client's rights
- North Ossetia: Muftiyat starts fundraising to help Gamzatov's family