01 April 2008, 12:34
Name of the Internet terrorist searched in Chechnya is Doku Umarov
The local resident announced into search by law enforcement bodies of the Chechen Republic for kindling interethnic enmity and calls to dethrone power bodies is the militants' leader Doku Umarov.
It has become known to the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent from a source in the Republic's power agencies that the pretext for opening another criminal case against the leader of separatists, who had announced himself a couple of months ago to be the Sharif of the Caucasus, was Doku Umarov's video address on declaration of the "Caucasian Emirate". It remains unclear why the criminal case on "kindling interethnic enmity" was initiated only now.
"In his video address the leader of bandit formations called to kill all 'disbelievers', disobey to the laws and dethrone the bodies of power in a number of subjects of the South Federal District (SFD), which he had included in the so-called "Caucasian Emirate". The territories in question are Chechnya, Ingushetia, Dagestan, Karachaevo-Cherkesia, Kabardino-Balkaria, North Ossetia and part of Stavropol Territory," the source said. "It's far from being the first criminal case against the so-called 'faith fighter'."
"Doku Umarov is in the federal search for involvement in terror acts, kidnappings with the aim of ransom, murders and robberies. Now, another charge has been added to all these ones," the source has added.
Author: Muslim Ibragimov, CK correspondent;
- Residents of Nalchik hold mourning march on Adygs' Memory Day
- Ilham Aliev's refusal to attend EaP summit has to do to criticism of human rights violations
- Head of Novokubansk District offered to resign
- Former special forces officer appointed new chief of North-Caucasian VOGOiP
- Ashot Gulyan re-elected speaker of NKR's National Assembly
- Sergey Krivenko, HRC member, speaks at Bogatenkova's trial
- Advocate of Avetisyans' successors state need to combine both Permyakov's cases
- Relatives of missing Zamir Pashaev ask rights defenders to help in finding him
- Dagestan: Nuridin Magomedov was thought to be militants' helper
- Petition on court disqualification in Amirov's case rejected