01 April 2008, 12:34
Name of the Internet terrorist searched in Chechnya is Doku Umarov
The local resident announced into search by law enforcement bodies of the Chechen Republic for kindling interethnic enmity and calls to dethrone power bodies is the militants' leader Doku Umarov.
It has become known to the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent from a source in the Republic's power agencies that the pretext for opening another criminal case against the leader of separatists, who had announced himself a couple of months ago to be the Sharif of the Caucasus, was Doku Umarov's video address on declaration of the "Caucasian Emirate". It remains unclear why the criminal case on "kindling interethnic enmity" was initiated only now.
"In his video address the leader of bandit formations called to kill all 'disbelievers', disobey to the laws and dethrone the bodies of power in a number of subjects of the South Federal District (SFD), which he had included in the so-called "Caucasian Emirate". The territories in question are Chechnya, Ingushetia, Dagestan, Karachaevo-Cherkesia, Kabardino-Balkaria, North Ossetia and part of Stavropol Territory," the source said. "It's far from being the first criminal case against the so-called 'faith fighter'."
"Doku Umarov is in the federal search for involvement in terror acts, kidnappings with the aim of ransom, murders and robberies. Now, another charge has been added to all these ones," the source has added.
Author: Muslim Ibragimov, CK correspondent;
- CTO regime cancelled in North Ossetia
- Law enforcers find workshop for IEDs during special operation in Dagestan
- "Interfax": Ruslan Geremeev involved in case of Boris Nemtsov's murder as suspect
- "Committee against Torture" challenges court's decision on its registration as "foreign agent"
- Shagid Gubashev's defence appeals against extension of his arrest
- NAC reports elimination of two militants in Dagestan
- US Department of State and British Foreign Office condemn guilty verdict against Intigam Aliev in Baku
- Delegations of 60 countries arrive in Yerevan for ceremony to pay tribute to victims of genocide
- CTO regime introduced in Prigorodny District of North Ossetia
- Russian MIA treats Ramzan Kadyrov's statement about "opening fire" on policemen as unacceptable