01 April 2008, 12:34
Name of the Internet terrorist searched in Chechnya is Doku Umarov
The local resident announced into search by law enforcement bodies of the Chechen Republic for kindling interethnic enmity and calls to dethrone power bodies is the militants' leader Doku Umarov.
It has become known to the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent from a source in the Republic's power agencies that the pretext for opening another criminal case against the leader of separatists, who had announced himself a couple of months ago to be the Sharif of the Caucasus, was Doku Umarov's video address on declaration of the "Caucasian Emirate". It remains unclear why the criminal case on "kindling interethnic enmity" was initiated only now.
"In his video address the leader of bandit formations called to kill all 'disbelievers', disobey to the laws and dethrone the bodies of power in a number of subjects of the South Federal District (SFD), which he had included in the so-called "Caucasian Emirate". The territories in question are Chechnya, Ingushetia, Dagestan, Karachaevo-Cherkesia, Kabardino-Balkaria, North Ossetia and part of Stavropol Territory," the source said. "It's far from being the first criminal case against the so-called 'faith fighter'."
"Doku Umarov is in the federal search for involvement in terror acts, kidnappings with the aim of ransom, murders and robberies. Now, another charge has been added to all these ones," the source has added.
Author: Muslim Ibragimov, CK correspondent;
- Seven hunger-strikers continue demanding Abdulatipov's resignation
- In Volgograd, about 80 persons came to commemorate victims of political repressions
- In Azerbaijan, one of advocates is withdrawn from protection of rights of Leyla Yunus
- Azerbaijani filmmaker Eldaniz Guliev fined for libelling MIA head
- Defenders of sentenced Rostov journalist Alexander Tolmachov disagree with Court's verdict
- In Dagestan, District Court re-takes Patimat Nasibova into custody
- Native of Yeisk becomes defendant in case of private jet crash at Vnukovo Airport
- In Grozny, relatives of disappeared persons obtain 60 genetic passports
- Relatives of murdered rights defender Maksharip Aushev ask to transfer investigation to Ingushetia
- Russian HRC to appeal to General Prosecutor's Office in connection with case against Imam Kurman-Ali Baichorov