05 April 2008, 12:47
Ingushes of Germany ask Spain not to extradite refugee Gasaev to Russia
Today in Frankfurt am Main a picket was held with a demand to Spanish authorities not to deport to Russia Murad Gasaev, a refugee from Ingushetia, who is suspected by Russian law enforcement bodies of taking part in the activities of armed underground in Northern Caucasus. The Ingushes who live in different cities of Germany took part in the picket.
It has become known to the "Caucasian Knot" that the picketers were approached by representatives of the secretariat, who asked what the matter was and what their posters had to do with Spain. The Ingushes who took part in the picket explained the situation with Murad Gasaev and asked the consul to help them.
The secretary of the consul took the protesters' letter-appeal to Javier Ignacio Martinez del Barrio, General Consul of Spain in Frankfurt am Main, written in Spanish, and, having registered it, immediately delivered it to the Consul's office.
Besides, the Ingushes living in Germany sent two more letters with receipt notification to the King of Spain Juan Carlos I and Plenipotentiary Ambassador of Spain to Germany Gabriel Biscuez Aparisio (to Berlin).
The Spanish lady-teacher, who translated these letters and the appeal of Magomed Mutsolgov, leader of the Human Rights Organization "Mashr", to the Spanish Ambassador in Moscow, into the Spanish language, as well as the head of this printing house where posters to the picket were printed, refused to take money for their services, having added that they pretty well understood the situation, in which Murad Gasaev found himself.
- Sister of Babaev who died in Azerbaijani colony disagrees with examination
- Builder of Olympic facilities asks Sochi City Council to support cheated workers
- Solo picket against hostilities in Ukraine held in Volgograd
- Demand to extradite Permyakov to Armenian law enforcement bodies signed by 8000
- Armenia's MoD states liquidation of subversive group on border with Azerbaijan
- Five pupils of rehabilitation centre disappear in Rostov-on-Don
- Advocate of Yuri Vazagashvili demands removal of investigators in his son's death case
- Teen wounded in Chechnya from policeman's pistol
- CoA finds former head of Georgia's Military Police guilty of torture
- Journalistic community perplexed with verdict to Reznik