05 April 2008, 12:47
Ingushes of Germany ask Spain not to extradite refugee Gasaev to Russia
Today in Frankfurt am Main a picket was held with a demand to Spanish authorities not to deport to Russia Murad Gasaev, a refugee from Ingushetia, who is suspected by Russian law enforcement bodies of taking part in the activities of armed underground in Northern Caucasus. The Ingushes who live in different cities of Germany took part in the picket.
It has become known to the "Caucasian Knot" that the picketers were approached by representatives of the secretariat, who asked what the matter was and what their posters had to do with Spain. The Ingushes who took part in the picket explained the situation with Murad Gasaev and asked the consul to help them.
The secretary of the consul took the protesters' letter-appeal to Javier Ignacio Martinez del Barrio, General Consul of Spain in Frankfurt am Main, written in Spanish, and, having registered it, immediately delivered it to the Consul's office.
Besides, the Ingushes living in Germany sent two more letters with receipt notification to the King of Spain Juan Carlos I and Plenipotentiary Ambassador of Spain to Germany Gabriel Biscuez Aparisio (to Berlin).
The Spanish lady-teacher, who translated these letters and the appeal of Magomed Mutsolgov, leader of the Human Rights Organization "Mashr", to the Spanish Ambassador in Moscow, into the Spanish language, as well as the head of this printing house where posters to the picket were printed, refused to take money for their services, having added that they pretty well understood the situation, in which Murad Gasaev found himself.
- Russian MoD intends to recruit 500 soldiers from Chechnya
- Untsukul residents complain about power agents' decision to close Gimry Tunnel
- Kalmykia: oppositional parties state election violations
- Sochi public stands against removal of protected status from 28 monuments of nature
- BBC treats attack on journalists in Astrakhan as pre-planned action
- In Dagestan, PEC member demands to punish policemen who detained him
- European Parliament calls on Azerbaijani authorities to release five rights defenders
- ECtHR awards 60,000 euros of compensation to persons involved in one of Natalia Estemirova’s last cases
- ECtHR awards over one million euros to families of 16 missing Chechens
- Krasnodar: "EcoWatch" activist Shevchenko attacked while filming tree pruning