12 March 2008, 21:35
SC of Kabardino-Balkaria refuses to give militant's body out to his mother
The Panel of the Supreme Court (SC) of Kabardino-Balkaria has considered the cassation petition lodged by the Prosecutor's Office of the city of Nalchik against the decision of the Nalchik City Court, passed on the application of citizen Madina Trunova, and satisfied it.
Thus, the applicant has been refused of satisfying her petition of May 16, 2007, claiming to give the body of her son - Radik Bapinaev - out to her for burial, and to recognize the ruling of the inspector of the Nalchik City Prosecutor's Office to stop the criminal prosecution of her son in connection with his death on non-rehabilitating grounds to be illegal and unjustified.
The mother declares that her son could not be involved in any criminality. First of all, because he suffered from epilepsy since childhood. He was a life 1st category invalid. According to Ms Trunova's version, after the tragic death of her daughter Olesya, she had to hire a separate flat for her son, as he was persecuted by agents of law enforcement bodies. He was killed not far from this flat.
We remind you that Radik Bapinaev, born in 1980, was shot dead on March 27, 2007, in Nalchik at an attempt to detain him.
Author: Luiza Orazayeva, CK correspondent;
- DPS unit shelled in Nalchik: two killed and one wounded
- MIA reports killing of organizer of terror act in Grozny
- Relatives of Elshan Salikhov, killed in Derbent, deny his involvement in militants' activities
- Shamil Gazaliev from Chechnya suspected of involvement in warfare in Syria
- Gimry resident reports detention of three suspected militants in Vremenny
- Volgograd: residents of Srednaya Akhtuba picket against expanded clay factories
- Grozny law enforcers search for two suspected suicide bombers, a police source reports
- Armenia: organizer of "Million Mask March" sentenced to six years of imprisonment
- In Budyonnovsk, head of Committee of Soldiers' Mothers detained after search in NGO's office
- 23 believers taken to police after namaz in Makhachkala