12 March 2008, 21:35
SC of Kabardino-Balkaria refuses to give militant's body out to his mother
The Panel of the Supreme Court (SC) of Kabardino-Balkaria has considered the cassation petition lodged by the Prosecutor's Office of the city of Nalchik against the decision of the Nalchik City Court, passed on the application of citizen Madina Trunova, and satisfied it.
Thus, the applicant has been refused of satisfying her petition of May 16, 2007, claiming to give the body of her son - Radik Bapinaev - out to her for burial, and to recognize the ruling of the inspector of the Nalchik City Prosecutor's Office to stop the criminal prosecution of her son in connection with his death on non-rehabilitating grounds to be illegal and unjustified.
The mother declares that her son could not be involved in any criminality. First of all, because he suffered from epilepsy since childhood. He was a life 1st category invalid. According to Ms Trunova's version, after the tragic death of her daughter Olesya, she had to hire a separate flat for her son, as he was persecuted by agents of law enforcement bodies. He was killed not far from this flat.
We remind you that Radik Bapinaev, born in 1980, was shot dead on March 27, 2007, in Nalchik at an attempt to detain him.
Author: Luiza Orazayeva, CK correspondent;
- Gimry Tunnel will be opened on December 1, said Abdulatipov
- Resident of Makhachkala kidnapped in September found dead
- Dagestan: first group of Vremenny residents visit their homes with commission for assessing damage
- Turkish citizen of Circassian origin detained in Minvody
- Resident of Ingushetia sentenced to 13 years in prison for blowing up APC with OMON fighters in Chechnya
- Baku hosts action demanding release of Askerov and Guliev detained in NKR
- Law enforcers cancel CTO regime in Untsukul District of Dagestan
- In Karabudakhkent District, law enforcers planted firearms on a local, his relatives assert
- Rights defender Elchin Namazov arrested in Azerbaijan
- Over 300 turkologists come to Moscow conference on history of Karachay-Balkar people