12 March 2008, 21:35
SC of Kabardino-Balkaria refuses to give militant's body out to his mother
The Panel of the Supreme Court (SC) of Kabardino-Balkaria has considered the cassation petition lodged by the Prosecutor's Office of the city of Nalchik against the decision of the Nalchik City Court, passed on the application of citizen Madina Trunova, and satisfied it.
Thus, the applicant has been refused of satisfying her petition of May 16, 2007, claiming to give the body of her son - Radik Bapinaev - out to her for burial, and to recognize the ruling of the inspector of the Nalchik City Prosecutor's Office to stop the criminal prosecution of her son in connection with his death on non-rehabilitating grounds to be illegal and unjustified.
The mother declares that her son could not be involved in any criminality. First of all, because he suffered from epilepsy since childhood. He was a life 1st category invalid. According to Ms Trunova's version, after the tragic death of her daughter Olesya, she had to hire a separate flat for her son, as he was persecuted by agents of law enforcement bodies. He was killed not far from this flat.
We remind you that Radik Bapinaev, born in 1980, was shot dead on March 27, 2007, in Nalchik at an attempt to detain him.
Author: Luiza Orazayeva, CK correspondent;
- Residents of Dagestani Vremenny settlement complain to Children's Ombudsman about lack of warm clothes
- EP calls on Russia's MoJ to withdraw its claim on dissolution of "Memorial"
- After meeting with Nils Muižnieks, Azerbaijani activists hope for his help in addressing human rights problems
- Russia's SC postpones consideration of appeal on "Domodedovo" Airport terror act
- Advocate of head of Committee "Mothers from Kuma River Area" appeals against arrest of rights defender
- Laureates of Rafto Award demand from Azerbaijani authorities to drop charges against Ilgar Nasibov
- "Levada Centre": situation in Ukraine affects Russians' opinion about Dubrovka terror act in Moscow
- In Dagestan, law enforcers go around households in Gimry
- Azerbaijan sets up "Joint Human Rights Group"
- Rostov-on-Don to open polling station for electing Ukrainian MPs